Chesslings

removed engine based comment.

Just take the goddamn horse ya fag

That game’s been over for a week. Where the fuck have you been?

And don’t underestimate alla. She’s picked up a few tricks in the last month. Bet she won’t fall for that again.

imgur.com/a/3kO30eS

When sexting during a chess game goes wrong and corrupts the game (a glitch in the app). I’m on the left, my chess girlfriend/contemporary is on the right.

argh, I went through the trouble of posting this as a forced mate instead of losing a queen but it is not, he was just dumb.

Maybe there is an app in this, like, Chexx, a focus on the mess which is in fact the objective of chess.

i don’t understand. what are you saying is the problem? white queen is in no danger and neither side has any foreseeable forced mate any time soon. what is ‘dumb’ about the situation on the board?

It was a 3 minute game, first of all, disclaimer, and I posted it 3 moves after this one when the opponent left the table cursing and calling me a cheat.
I figured that Id done something smart or something. But I don’t think the onus of his anger was on me.

How does one cheat in electronic chess?

So what the fuck, when are we starting this chess tournament?

i’m on zynga chess as promethean75@soundcloud. i’ve got 84 wins, 28 losses, but that’s probably because all i play are hot chicks who aren’t incredibly skilled at chess (yet). but they’re getting better, fast, so my stats might get worse.

the app is simple and user friendly… none of the complicated shit on all the other chess apps. one problem though; bugs cause games to corrupt and fall ‘out of sync’ often, rendering them unplayable. so you just start another one, no problem. not like your playing for money or anything.

But I don’t want an app. I want a website. Don’t make me download some shit.

Why not lichess.org?

It’s open source, user friendly, visually nice. Magnus Carlsen is on it.

lichess.org/P0dAy0Mv/black

1. e4 e5 2. f4 exf4 3. Nf3 { C34 King’s Gambit Accepted, King’s Knight Gambit } Bc5 4. Bc4 h6 5. d4 Bb6 6. Bxf4 Nf6 7. e5 Nh5 8. Be3 g5 9. O-O d6 10. Nc3 Nc6 11. Bxf7+ Kxf7 12. Nxg5+ Kg6 13. Nf7 Qh4 14. Qd3+ Kg7 15. Nxh8 Kxh8 16. Bxh6 Bxd4+ 17. Kh1 Ng3+ 18. Qxg3 Qxh6 19. Ne4 Bxe5 20. Qh3 Bxh3 { White resigns. } 0-1

Goddamn that’s satisfying.

I dunno what this obsession people have now with moving the C pawn AND castling king side is. But you know what? I’m for it. Go for it man.

that game was a mess for both white and black. pieces advanced and left open without being defended, premature attacks with minor pieces which then get harassed by pawns and so have to retreat, sub-optimal positioning of bishops and knights (movement to squares where their attack range is reduced), unnecessary retreating when minor piece could have been defended (why move a bishop back from a knight attack when you can instead develop a pawn and defend the bishop), and finally that fatal blunder by white in losing the queen to that overlooked bishop… not to mention giving his bishop to the black king. i see what he was trying to do by luring the king to the f file with his bishop so to check with his rook and swipe a pawn with his knight… but all this was poorly thought out and a waste of a bishop. white became careless an restless.

did black win because black played well, or because white played badly?

anyway, white never moved the c pawn, so did you mean to say the f pawn? if so, and you mean to imply that castling king side while also moving the f pawn is dangerous… that can be true, but depending on the context of rest of the board.

also, white’s castle was properly timed; the f file was then clear and open to the rook’s control. he castled to mobilize that rook. one shouldn’t castle until the board is opened and ready for rook movement. early castling is dangerous because the opponent can then concentrate his attack on that side of the board.

“that can be true, but depending on the context of rest of the board.”

I keep hearing that, but I’m not exaggerating when I say that I win 8 out of 10 games when the opponent tries that. Including players that outrank me by 200 points, who otherwise I’d have a much harder time with. Just people trying to be clever, thinking short term gains can overcome overall game economy. All I gotta do is not freak out and I got 'em.

"that game was a mess for both white and black.’

I guess that’s fair to say is my strategy. Give them no choice but to be messy. I have the advantage there because I understand much better underlying structures.

Super orderly games are boring and I don’t have the energy for them. So I don’t leave the enemy that option.

Works super well, I gotta tell ya. Like I said, this is a website that Magnus Carlsen takes seriously. And I consistently beat 1700+ players.

Same weakness the world all over has since Plato/Aristotle: overconfidence in the effectivness of academicism.

“I know it’s technically a mistake, but I thought it out and integrated it into my game.”

Cocky. I love 'em when they get like that.

My experience is that that is what separates 2000+ from under. The 2000 guys don’t make mistakes FIRST, at least not on purpose if they know they can avoid it, they are first sane and reasonable and careful about overall economy, and THEN they consider strategy.

That;s why THEY can pull of being confident in advancing castled pawns. Only guys I see do it, and they do it annoyingly often, and they kill. Hot headedness is ultimately the best strategy, if you understand true structure, because it is like pure effectiveness +1/2, no time to figure out ways around. Straight to the center.

Fuck I hate those guys. Nah, I love 'em. Their ass is mine some day.

Some iron steels, good game.

I will stop doing that myself.

My highest rating I recently attained was 1845. I let it slip though, back at 1600 for the 10 minute games. In 5 minute games I am much worse.

Promethean is of course far better at chess than Carlsen. We should be very grateful that he is in our midst.