The ILP Karaoke Bar

Special feature presentation: promethean75 performs…

The Humpty Dance (Digital Underground)

vocaroo.com/i/s1dCVIbQxQrX

Moderator advisory: explicit content

Backstage footage of impersonation practice. Working out the idiosyncrasies and voice nuances of zizek. Very difficult speech impediment to get right. You have to touch your tongue to the roof of your mouth behind your front teeth to produce it. Will be working on it for a while…

sendvid.com/7lgf19wh

you’re not going to believe this, but it’s true. you actually heard this:

Cool It Now (New Edition)

vocaroo.com/i/s0TxGjz1DyWK

Bobby Brown (Zappa)

vocaroo.com/i/s0TNW1EJm0Qo

For Ms. Yakamoto… because she’s beautiful…

vocaroo.com/i/s0LSiRZmuMJZ

I listened to this all the way through. Very entertaining.

i’m never going to become a rapper who drops dope ciphers to your mad beats, dude. leave me alone already.

Relax. You’re a one guy act, I get it.
Raised on survival of the funniest.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poz6W0znOfk[/youtube]

karaoke me this

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65d7CQVZgbk[/youtube]

indeed. there are some things that are so ridiculously confused and nonsensical that they can be neither taken seriously nor avoided; the comic is the one who can’t get out, but can’t commit his energies to correcting all the mistakes around him, and focuses his creative efforts in running a private gag reel of the things around him. a secret mocking language only comics speak and appreciate while everyone else asks ‘why is he laughing… these matters are serious’. it must be the suffering the comic experiences while bearing witness to this fiasco. the crowd puts so much dire seriousness into things which aren’t even real problems, while being completely oblivious to what real problems do exist… incidentally, those which only the comic knows most intimately.

a certain kind of humor in the face of the spirit of seriousness is the act of transforming the insult taken by the depreciation of matters truly deserving of seriousness and replacing them with trivialities instead. humor is a retort to this (sarcasm; one way it is voiced), a way of recognizing an impostor of suffering… one who suffers the least serious concerns while waving his hands all about as if he were being thrown into the most dire of circumstances. there is nothing left to do with such an insulting joke but to make a caricature out of it. the comic is the master authority in this. and it isn’t that the comic isn’t capable of taking serious… rather that he finds in the company of others that he can’t take this or that seriously. problems of a lower rank which the comic pays little attention to, but toward which others invest the greatest amount of emergency. that is what evokes the energies of the comedian and brings him to life. the cheapening of what it means to suffer. the depreciation of the meaning of suffering… the silly spectacle of watching serious people rant and rave about what is of so little consequence. such people can only have value to the comic as the subject of caricature.

“The more one suffers, the more, I believe, has one a sense for the comic. It is only by the deepest suffering that one acquires true authority in the use of the comic, an authority which by one word transforms as by magic the reasonable creature one calls man into a caricature.” - kierkegaard

The Promethean Chronicles, chapter 1

3:45 p.m., east manhattan, 34th and chambers st.

vocaroo.com/i/s19tJfMM5iLh

Yes.

Nice track, too. Ill have to play it a second time at least, sound (beat and voice) is good and moody.

ConSIStency yo.
Thats the trick. One song, one mood.

What Pezer doesn’t pull off yet… when he isn’t freestyling.

So Pezer what do you feel about this white man using the word nigga?
You made sure to clarify to me how wrongful it is for a white man to use that word. I havent used it since. If only because you went the first of my friends who aren’t all white to point this out to me with some urgency.

I find it normal when Brian uses it though. Perhaps because he is a comic.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvGTfYteWlg[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=393l5zWQULY[/youtube]

I still think Biggie is stronger.

That’s fucking good.

Yeah, it never sounded right to me until I heard Zoot say it. I don’t think it’s because he a comic. Something to do with respect for the dirt.

I don’t think Zoot is a comic at all. He isn’t even funny. It’s more a street slyness, I’m jokin at ya so I don’t have to stab ya.

Anyway. Pins and needles here for the first song after the intro. All fucking around aside, that was good.

It was better than his first, definitely. And better than yours. Because you were just screwing around.

Fuck it. I refuse to do it again. You have no idea how many fuckin times I did this trying to get it right… and every time it turned out different. A muthafucka don’t know how hard it is to write/do a rap until he tries it… and den he knows. If I spent any more time on this thing, my head would’ve exploded.

All I ever wanted was to be able to run that shit like an Eminem or a Snoop Dog, but I caint do it, man. I just caint do it. So fuck you.

vocaroo.com/i/s0UA0Uzie6g2

I actually do know. I recorded about 40 versions of my 2nd battle rap and eventually just gave up posted what I considered to be the least horrible one.

Facing a recorder is a real motherfucker. Singing in the shower syndrome.

Maybe it’s like MF Doom says. The muses decide when it’s on, not you.

Motivation.

One thing about Eminem, I think, one reason it was so on demand for him (also he spent hour upon hour practicing), is that his motivation wasn’t s complicated. Look up his freestyle. “Jacking off in the parking lot.”

What I heard in the one you posted before last was “I’m the best because this.” I’d stick with that.

The fucking recorder. Because I guess the ghost of the audience begins to appear.

This is an issue I’ve been trying to crack for a while. Maybe what Nietzsche called the evil eye.

Yeah, I guess that would be my advice. Let the muses tell you when. But don’t stand them up when they do. Sayn?

One reason my second rap wasn’t good was that I really wasn’t inspired by the context. I did it anyway out of respect for your gesture, I couldn’t punk out. But it has to be some shit worth saying, the muses scoff at talent for talent’s sake.