Comedy

Comedy is humanities attempt at existential relief by the attempt of finding humor in truth and understanding intellectual/abstract perception and judgement of idiocy/ignorance. The jester archetype. Finding relief in making other people laugh is the comedians goal.

This thread will be for anyone who wants to post humorous content that contains bits of truth.

youtu.be/2iR-qrPFwG8
Bill Hicks Standup, Relentless, 1991.

I’m a joker, but not a fool… when I joke, take the joke… or feel my wrath! :angry:

There is definitely a difference between the two and I am sure some get it misconstrued.

youtube.com/watch?v=d5ojjW2gHOg&t=238s

George Carlin, Time skit, 1976

youtu.be/_vIvjl4H524

youtu.be/821sP1Nmv1c

The Trickster/Joker Archetype:
Tricksters Trickster: a mischievous figure in myth or folklore typically makes up for physical weakness with cunning and subversive humor alternates between cleverness and stupidity, kindness and cruelty, deceiver and deceived, breaker of taboos and creator of culture - tricksters alternately scandalize/disgusts, amuses/disrupt, chastise/ humiliate (or are humiliated by) the animal—proto-people of pre-history also a creative force transforming the world, sometimes in bizarre and outrageous ways.
Strengths of the Trickster/Joker Archetype
The Trickster embodies the energy of mischief and the desire for change. Tricksters cut big egos down to size and, most importantly, provide comic relief that eases tension and brings the Hero (and the audience) down to earth. They also work to make fun of/highlight hypocrisy. Still, the Trickster’s loyalty and motives can be in doubt. Is the Trickster an ally? An agent of the Shadow? Or an independent agent working to some private agenda? This character is so dedicated to laughing at the “status quo” and mocking everything around him that his true motives can remain in doubt.
The Trickster Loki, Hermes, Raven, Anansi, and Coyote are all excellent examples of the trickster archetype. In modern fiction we see the trickster as the force of chaos in the universe, not necessarily evil or good, just representative of change/chaos.

The Fool Archetype:
The Fool is often seen in stories alongside the King or Ruler. In these stories, the Fool’s job is to deflate the ego of the Ruler - and to say (in jest) what needs to be said, but no-one else is willing to say out loud. The Fool is protected - and has a special role - above the politicking and machinations of ‘court’. The Fool is clever and wise, speaks the truth and challenges authority - but softens the blow with humour. Finally, the Fool is resilient - not caring what other people think, laughing at life’s difficulties and challenges, and getting back up - again and again - after being knocked down. In current culture our political satirists and comedians are often the Wise Fools.
7 Strengths of the (Wise) Fool Archetype
A lack of concern about what other people think of them.
Trusting the process - enjoying the journey and letting things be rather than trying to control them.
Living in the present moment - because that is all there is.
Living life as a game - seeing the lighter side of darker situations.
They poke fun at the ego.
They create their own rules.
No matter what, the Fool has a zest for life!

A lot of common everyday Joe’s are trapped in the fool archetype. I myself vary between a few based on events and my control or lack there of is dependent upon the severity of said event(s).

I have never really been able to “live in the moment” I accept the dark for what it is and I don’t try to blind myself with over-illumination as the fool would seem to do. I have been entrapped as well but I would say fur to being young and naive more so than willful entrapment due to fear. I live in the past to understand and live in the future for I understand change, there is no present for it is swept away in the wind immediately.

The elements of the Fool I embody are:

…but we all have some, or many, elements of all the archetypes in us… as I am not all Trickster, but tend to/can embody it when bored. :smiley:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPHjJnFqs-s[/youtube]

) Shark in the sea

• Mom, can I swim in the sea?

“Not my son, there’s a lot of sharks in it!”

• But Mom, Daddy is bathing!

• Yes, my son, but he has life insurance!

1. After delivery

At maternity the nurse asks the mother after the birth:

• Ma’am, can I let the dad?

• God Save! Right here my husband!

1. Heart

In a biology lesson, Pistike will fall out of the bench, so it appears. Finally a

Aunt Aunt notices and calls. What is my son, what

would you like to say?

“I just want to ask if the heart has a leg?”

• Ejnye, ejnye Pistike. We recently learned about the heart. How to ask

such stupidity?

“Then I don’t understand a teaching aunt!” Last night after bedtime, then

why did my father repeat it aloud: "My heart, put it apart

legs "?

1. Transport to school

Móricka drops a car to school:

• Uncle please bring it to school!

• I’m not going.

• Even better.

1. Whether his father is

A woman walks down the street with her child. Aunty and

exclaims:

• Oh, but sweet baby! It’s like his father.

• Yes, although I would rather look like my husband!

For more super jokes click here

Sorry, these are English translations of Hungarian jokes, perhaps for the better.

Mrs. Doubtfire just came on the TV and i had forgotten all about this wonderful opening scene. had to post it.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1iI2aulaFk[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1RPDbcOfqY[/youtube]

:laughing: =D>

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eajkTddpeQQ[/youtube]

:laughing:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyrBA2f4Tx0[/youtube]

imgur.com/a/kFGVENF

Lol…

I asked him after “if you wanted to go buy a book right now and educate yourself, what’s stopping you? Is that Satan also dumbing down the population? As I have said, it is ignorance of which creates the cycle of evil. Not a symbol that depicts everything except evil or “satan” as you call it.“

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR3fB9HKf5Y[/youtube]

i put this post here because ‘zizek vs peterson’ can only be a comedy act.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78BFFq_8XvM[/youtube]

i’m not surprised that zizek let peterson live, even considering the dangerous popularity that amateur windbag has among millennial college students. it’s due to zizek’s generally congenial nature and his lack of hostility… or perhaps a recognition that peterson’s rivalry wasn’t something to be taken very seriously. the disconnect between the audience and the debate occurs when it’s realized that zizek’s ideas are something to be chewed on and digested, while peterson’s diatribe alway consists of shallow, quick blanket statements that have profound effects on the listeners. he simplifies what cannot be simplified (but must be chewed on for more time that is allowed)… and for that very reason he is better received by the audience; he is more easily understood because he says nothing substantial.

peterson turns a subject that belongs to a more technical environment into something like a pop-theory, continues to systematically misrepresent marxism, and repeats the same old informal fallacies in his criticism of the failed ‘communist’ (in parentheses because they weren’t true marxist states) countries while conveniently avoiding any mention of the atrocities committed by capitalistic imperialism. but this is to be expected; this is all the right has ever done, and can ever do. i think zizek realizes this and rather then devoting much time to defending marxism, he instead just let’s peterson have it as a friendly gesture.

but really, it’s painful to listen to peterson talk. i cringe at least once every 27 seconds and can barely manage to keep up with the number of ambiguous comments he fires off one after the other.

i guess it was decent though, if only because i got the opportunity to watch zizek play with peterson a little bit.

i fear there will be more of these pop-philosophers like peterson in the decades to come. philosophy itself as an institution has been finished for a century, so all that is left are these post-modern caricatures and sophists who’s rhetoric contains nothing but pathos and ethos. the express purpose being to persuade and convince a generation who’s confusion is really irrelevant anyway.

lol go to 1:46:50. finally zizek smacks that asshat. we had to wait almost two hours to see it. that’s crazy. zizek could’ve been doing this the entire time.

I guess you didn’t wait for Petersons answer.

No wonder, as Zizek has to repeat his question four times so he can understand it himself. Or just harvest some more laughter from the imbeciles (Marxists) in the room.

He did write one good book, Zizek. I read through six of them, mostly its repetitive trash. But he had some sane things to say about Heidegger in one of them.

Commendable how Peterson always manages to be the adult in the room with these spasmodic Marxists. They’re more worrisome than Christians speaking on tongues.

vocaroo.com/i/s0FdD1BTToql

Zizek’s mind is too fast for his mouth, that’s all. But his spasmodic demeanor is one of his greatest features, I think. The guy loves what he does. He gets into that shit.

Well it gets him a lot of money.

In his life he said one interesting couple of three things. That was in this one book I won’t mention as someone will shit on it.

Ive read through about six of his works and they got increasingly Hegel-like.
Ever read the Phenomenology of the Spirit? Zizek just copied the method and kept going doing the exact same thing like twenty times.

I never found any sense when the guy talks. He is really a simpleton. He just got some bad but infectious ideas from Hegel and a few good ones from Heidegger and, admittedly, Lacan too. That was quite cool. What he did to Lacan.