anger management

The origins of the imperative, "know thyself", are lost in the sands of time, but the age-old examination of human consciousness continues here.

anger management

Postby lordoflight » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:43 pm

i get tired of dealing with phobes and sjws on a daily basis. It is beyond irritating that I'm single and instead of a loving relationship all i get to do is defeat ignorant arguments of phobes all day. Then to rub it in, constantly stabbed in the back by fucking worthless sjws who do nothing except try to promote a fascist nannystate of garbage.

everytime an sjw tries to take away one of my rights i deep down hope they get burned alive. Because I am not a nazi because the ovens I fantasize about putting them into is an oven of a Train not a camps. Also sometimes i think about gasoline, because you know i am such a simpleton and stupid, thats what sjws think I am anyway, gasoline is for simpletons of simple taste obviously because thats what the clown said.

i dont hate all sjws but you know, the really fucking irritating sjws that want to ban your fucking rights all the time. I dont believe all sjws deserve to die but many do.

I dont want to live like this. I just wanted to be loved. Guess i cant have love just surrounded by filthy fascists who want to take away my rights. I go to mental therapy they tell me its wrong to have violent thoughts. That i need to be a goodie-two -shoes cuck and forgive and forget.

So i am wondering advice of anger management. I used to be a really nice person who was shocked and disturbed at the idea of burning people alive. But ive been through so much horror of this garbage world and people are so evil that now, i cannot help but wonder if they actually deserve it.

User avatar
lordoflight
 
Posts: 312
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:38 pm

Re: anger management

Postby MagsJ » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:25 am

lordoflight wrote:So i am wondering advice of anger management. I used to be a really nice person who was shocked and disturbed at the idea of burning people alive. But ive been through so much horror of this garbage world and people are so evil that now, i cannot help but wonder if they actually deserve it.

There is a tonne of literature available at the end of a search engine..

Best not to engage with annoying types, as it is best to avoid a negative emotional reaction, over the need for love.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get that time back, and I may need it for something at some point in time. Wait! What?

--MagsJ
User avatar
MagsJ
The Londonist
 
Posts: 18745
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: London, NC1

Re: anger management

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:37 am

Pretty sure Jesus wants you to love your enemies and all that so I mean I'd just get to it.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 25948
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: anger management

Postby lordoflight » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:45 am

Mr Reasonable wrote:Pretty sure Jesus wants you to love your enemies and all that so I mean I'd just get to it.


Pretty sure jesus never existed...
User avatar
lordoflight
 
Posts: 312
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:38 pm

Re: anger management

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:52 am

He'll forgive you for that post. You should forgive your enemies like he forgives you.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 25948
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: anger management

Postby lordoflight » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:57 am

.
Last edited by lordoflight on Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
lordoflight
 
Posts: 312
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:38 pm

Re: anger management

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:01 am

People make fun of you for not being gay?
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 25948
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: anger management

Postby lordoflight » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:13 am

Mr Reasonable wrote:People make fun of you for not being gay?


You've never had to hang around them. They have this reverse racism of worship bbc. And they act like cunty feminists who shame you for wanting pussy. That's what this world has turned into, nowadays these fucking sjws will call it rape if you even dare to flirt with a woman, if you even flirt you will lose your job. Fucking insanity.

I don't hate all sjws but the ones i hate are beyond the capacity of me to hate.
User avatar
lordoflight
 
Posts: 312
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:38 pm

Re: anger management

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:50 am

Yeah getting laid without offending people can be tricky. I tell this one friend of mine....It's like bird watching. You can't just go running into the woods toward the birds. You gotta sprinkle a little birdseed, then just kind of linger around and watch. You don't disturb the habitat. Inevitably, one will fly over and land on you.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 25948
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: anger management

Postby MagsJ » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:46 am

Mayo Clinic:
Anger management: 10 tips to tame your temper
Keeping your temper in check can be challenging. Use simple anger management tips — from taking a timeout to using "I" statements — to stay in control.

By Mayo Clinic Staff
Do you fume when someone cuts you off in traffic? Does your blood pressure rocket when your child refuses to cooperate? Anger is a normal and even healthy emotion — but it's important to deal with it in a positive way. Uncontrolled anger can take a toll on both your health and your relationships.

Ready to get your anger under control? Start by considering these 10 anger management tips.

1. Think before you speak

In the heat of the moment, it's easy to say something you'll later regret. Take a few moments to collect your thoughts before saying anything — and allow others involved in the situation to do the same.

2. Once you're calm, express your anger

As soon as you're thinking clearly, express your frustration in an assertive but nonconfrontational way. State your concerns and needs clearly and directly, without hurting others or trying to control them.

3. Get some exercise

Physical activity can help reduce stress that can cause you to become angry. If you feel your anger escalating, go for a brisk walk or run, or spend some time doing other enjoyable physical activities.

4. Take a timeout

Timeouts aren't just for kids. Give yourself short breaks during times of the day that tend to be stressful. A few moments of quiet time might help you feel better prepared to handle what's ahead without getting irritated or angry.

5. Identify possible solutions

Instead of focusing on what made you mad, work on resolving the issue at hand. Does your child's messy room drive you crazy? Close the door. Is your partner late for dinner every night? Schedule meals later in the evening — or agree to eat on your own a few times a week. Remind yourself that anger won't fix anything and might only make it worse.

6. Stick with 'I' statements

To avoid criticizing or placing blame — which might only increase tension — use "I" statements to describe the problem. Be respectful and specific. For example, say, "I'm upset that you left the table without offering to help with the dishes" instead of "You never do any housework."

7. Don't hold a grudge

Forgiveness is a powerful tool. If you allow anger and other negative feelings to crowd out positive feelings, you might find yourself swallowed up by your own bitterness or sense of injustice. But if you can forgive someone who angered you, you might both learn from the situation and strengthen your relationship.

8. Use humor to release tension

Lightening up can help diffuse tension. Use humor to help you face what's making you angry and, possibly, any unrealistic expectations you have for how things should go. Avoid sarcasm, though — it can hurt feelings and make things worse.

9. Practice relaxation skills

When your temper flares, put relaxation skills to work. Practice deep-breathing exercises, imagine a relaxing scene, or repeat a calming word or phrase, such as "Take it easy." You might also listen to music, write in a journal or do a few yoga poses — whatever it takes to encourage relaxation.

10. Know when to seek help

Learning to control anger is a challenge for everyone at times. Seek help for anger issues if your anger seems out of control, causes you to do things you regret or hurts those around you.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get that time back, and I may need it for something at some point in time. Wait! What?

--MagsJ
User avatar
MagsJ
The Londonist
 
Posts: 18745
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: London, NC1

Re: anger management

Postby Prismatic567 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:37 am

'Anger' is a critical emotion to facilitate survival of the human species thus as I had quoted Aristotle often re anger, i.e.

    Anybody can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry
      with the right person and
      to the right degree and
      at the right time and
      for the right purpose, and
      in the right way -
    that is not within everybody's power and is not easy.
    -Aristotle

But how to make the above easier? Count to 10!

    Simple as it may sound, you may want to start with some age-old advice.

    "When angry, count to 10 before you speak.
    If very angry, a hundred," said Thomas Jefferson.
    That's still good advice, says Dan Johnston, PhD, an assistant professor of psychiatry and behavioral science at Mercer University School of Medicine in Macon, Ga.

    "The familiar childhood admonition of 'counting to 10' before taking action works because it emphasizes the two key elements of anger management -- time and distraction," says Johnston.
    https://www.webmd.com/sex-relationships ... g-to-ten#1

To make it more easier;

    Counting to 10 becomes an even more effective way of disarming anger if we also take a slow deep breath between each number, Johnston adds. "Deep breathing counteracts the fight or flight stress reaction that underlies anger. Deliberately taking a slow, deep breath not only brings a soothing sense of relaxation, but also helps us to focus our attention in the present moment."

Breathing? Note this "how to" thread of mine;
Spirituality: How Long Can You Hold Your Breath?
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=194655

One critical point to note is anger is a critical inherent emotion to facilitate the survival of the human species. Thus the optimal response is to modulate such anger optimally via various impulse control methods above, the most basic being proper breathing techniques.

The attitudes of sjws [scums] are a threat to humanity and thus we should be "angry" [per Aristotle's advice] about it to the extent of needing to do something about it rationally, wisely and effectively
I am a progressive human being, a World Citizen, NOT-a-theist and not religious.
Prismatic567
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2563
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:35 am

Re: anger management

Postby Antithesis » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:58 am

SJWs are just another meaningless distraction from the real problem, which's the capitalists who've seized our democracy.
User avatar
Antithesis
Thinker
 
Posts: 622
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:21 am

Re: anger management

Postby MagsJ » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:45 am

..also, modern toxic environments ensure that we remain in the state of flight or fight for longer.. days and even weeks, instead of minutes or hours, which accounts for misplaced anger and exhaustion, as it's an exhausting state to be in for far longer than nature intended.

It can be gotten out of by breathing your way out of it, which gets easier and quicker each time done.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get that time back, and I may need it for something at some point in time. Wait! What?

--MagsJ
User avatar
MagsJ
The Londonist
 
Posts: 18745
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: London, NC1

Re: anger management

Postby lordoflight » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:14 am

the reason i got so angry is i was being bullied by an sjw who called me rude names...

i am not as angry as i was in the OP and trying to be a better person...i dont want anyone to be burned alive, its cruel and inhuman. if violence has to be done i prefer it with a gun or sword.
User avatar
lordoflight
 
Posts: 312
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:38 pm

Re: anger management

Postby MagsJ » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:21 am

lordoflight wrote:if violence has to be done i prefer it with a gun or sword.

That's the spirit. :D

:lol:

Click click, bang bang! let's hope they're bullet/sword proof.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get that time back, and I may need it for something at some point in time. Wait! What?

--MagsJ
User avatar
MagsJ
The Londonist
 
Posts: 18745
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: London, NC1

Re: anger management

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:24 am

lordoflight wrote:the reason i got so angry is i was being bullied by an sjw who called me rude names...

i am not as angry as i was in the OP and trying to be a better person...i dont want anyone to be burned alive, its cruel and inhuman. if violence has to be done i prefer it with a gun or sword.


Are you one of those incel people? Someone used that term not long ago and I googled it and it cracked me up because I didn't think that was a real things but it is and I guess it's like guys who aren't able to interact with the opposite sex to such an extent that they legit just become sexually frustrated and start shooting in the schools. Just get a hooker man.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 25948
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: anger management

Postby surreptitious75 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:58 am

I avoid anger by being as detached as possible [ both physically and psychologically ]
Being old [ I am 54 ] helps too since I dont have the energy levels that I used to have
The older I get the more detached I become and which is exactly where I want to be
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious75
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1129
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:48 pm

Re: anger management

Postby surreptitious75 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:03 am

Mr Reasonable wrote:
Just get a hooker man

They need to be paid you know
She will not blow him for free
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious75
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1129
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:48 pm

Re: anger management

Postby surreptitious75 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:04 am


Trixie get a job then you can afford to get laid
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious75
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1129
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:48 pm

Re: anger management

Postby MagsJ » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:32 pm

Lordoflight will find love one day.. he deserves a cutie on his arm ; )

I thought he did have a job. :confusion-scratchheadyellow:

Love-Goddess Mags has spoken... :romance-lovegoddess:
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get that time back, and I may need it for something at some point in time. Wait! What?

--MagsJ
User avatar
MagsJ
The Londonist
 
Posts: 18745
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: London, NC1

Re: anger management

Postby lordoflight » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:52 am

Mr Reasonable wrote:
lordoflight wrote:the reason i got so angry is i was being bullied by an sjw who called me rude names...

i am not as angry as i was in the OP and trying to be a better person...i dont want anyone to be burned alive, its cruel and inhuman. if violence has to be done i prefer it with a gun or sword.


Are you one of those incel people? Someone used that term not long ago and I googled it and it cracked me up because I didn't think that was a real things but it is and I guess it's like guys who aren't able to interact with the opposite sex to such an extent that they legit just become sexually frustrated and start shooting in the schools. Just get a hooker man.


Fake news. I'm against school shootings. But if that peaceguy were to shoot up that evil college I'd look the other way.

The violence i was talking about was self-defense obviously.

Also i do not understand why people think I'm that greatandwisetrixie character, that character was banned like 4 years ago I think.
User avatar
lordoflight
 
Posts: 312
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:38 pm

Re: anger management

Postby Jakob » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:36 pm

Mr Reasonable wrote:Yeah getting laid without offending people can be tricky. I tell this one friend of mine....It's like bird watching. You can't just go running into the woods toward the birds. You gotta sprinkle a little birdseed, then just kind of linger around and watch. You don't disturb the habitat. Inevitably, one will fly over and land on you.

This is a good post.

People should write from experience more often. Clarity is nice. Opinions are not.
Image
For behold, all acts of love and pleasure are my rituals
User avatar
Jakob
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 7140
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:23 pm
Location: look at my suit

Re: anger management

Postby Mr Reasonable » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:16 am

I actually use that metaphor in life all the time. When I'm out and about it's a big problem if people I'm with start hitting on strangers or making asses of themselves. Can't come and sit at my table if you're going to scare away the birds.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 25948
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: anger management

Postby Artimas » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:37 am

lordoflight wrote:
Mr Reasonable wrote:Pretty sure Jesus wants you to love your enemies and all that so I mean I'd just get to it.


Pretty sure jesus never existed...

define "Existed" because if in the metaphorical sense it is still alive and well.

Even nothing, is something.
If one is to live balanced with expectations, then one must learn to appreciate the negative as well, to respect darkness in its own home.

All smoke fades, as do all delicate mirrors shatter.

"My ancestors are smiling on me, Imperials. Can you say the same?"

"Science Fiction today ~ Science Fact tomorrow"

Change is inevitable, it can only be delayed or sped up. Choose wisely.

Truth is pain, and pain is gain.


Image Image
User avatar
Artimas
Emancipator of ignorance and also Chameleon upon the stars
 
Posts: 3774
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:47 pm
Location: Earth, Milky Way

Re: anger management

Postby Mr Reasonable » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:42 am

You're asking me to define "existed"? Why do I feel like this is some kind of rhetorical trap?
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 25948
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Next

Return to Psychology and Mind



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSN [Bot]