I'm the peace guy! Help me save the world!

I started posting here in 2005. How in the hell has this site lasted almost 20 years?

I pretty much own the town I live in. Sorority girls run rampant and they all love me. I’m over 40. The university police are just para-militaristic, neo-fascist player haters. Linux on the Web (my new tech) is starting to take over the world.

I learned everything I know about being a philosophical badass from detrop. I think we actually communicated briefly over email over a decade ago.

Life is crazy.

I’m the peace guy (google me, they index these posts of mine under “the peace guy”).

Help me save the world (like you know you need to… Spike Lee said it best… “Do the right thing”!).

Woot.

because carleas has an insatiable love of philosophy?

that’s fantastic news and a source of great inspiration for middle-age men. thank you. in another year my mojo will be back in business (i’m involved in a minor inconvenience at the moment called ‘probation’), and i hope to follow in your footsteps once i’m free of these fetters.

that can’t be right, because that was some of my worst stuff, dude (i’m detrop, btw). if that nonsense i was babbling back in those days made you a badass, what i could make you now would make that badassery pale by comparison. i’ve changed, big den. today i’m like a frickin’ seventh dan in philosophical aikido, bruh, and i’ve taken badassedness to a whole nuther level.

seems i do recall some exchange of emails. weren’t you on an existential homeless quest with a knapsack and a copy of heidegger’s ‘being and time’? and don’t i remember you solving all the problem of physics or something in an article you posted?

no can do. the world is not in danger and everything is perfect (think spinoza’s natura naturans).

well i mean in an ordinary non-philosophical sense of ‘omg the sun is running out of fuel…wtf are we going to do’, we might stress a little bit. but that’s a petty trifle in some small corner of the universe. really nothing to go quoting spike lee about.

… oh and this is what has become of me after 15 years of studious and intensive commitment to philosophy:

sendvid.com/6dhrye6r

disclaimer: that shirt is XXL… I am totally not fat. what you are experiencing is a berkeleyean perceptual reversal; esse est percipi non fatman.

Wut. detrop? Zoot Allures? Hah. Hmmmm…

So there is hope for this planet after all??!??!?!?!

Yeah it’s me dude. Ax me somethin’ that only you, detrop and zootallures would know.

Okay remember back in 2000whenever when I was on the Sartre trip and I was all like the being-for-itself is distanced from the being-in-itself by the nothingness of being… but not being-in-itself, itself, but itself a nothingness-for-itself by being in-itself for the for-itself of the nothingness of being… which is, in itself, its self?

Shirley you remember that… in-itself for-itself, i mean.

Peak oil. The end of the world as we know it happens simply because the world’s oil supplies are about to go into permanent decline mode. The powers that be have known that civilization would start coming to an end right about now, since the early 70’s. 1972 if you want to pinpoint it, when a little book called The Limits to Growth was published. Jimmy Carter, I’m sure, was well aware of that study, and tried to reverse our collective fate by using his pulpit to warn us. But no one was having that, so Reagan (and perpetual economic expansionism) it was.

But who cares about that, we’re all going to die eventually anyways. The point of this life is always immediately living it, authentically, here and now, and can’t ever be about some other theoretical future moment, that may or may not arrive, for whatever unforseen reason.

The sorority girls (at UF… ΔΓ, ΔΔΔ, ΚΑΘ, etc. etc.) who are all absolutely fucking in love with me could not give two shits about what I say. They really don’t respond to content, one way or the other. They simply respond biologically to my utter manliness. I could be walking around quoting Mary Poppins, and that wouldn’t change how they feel. In their cockles, they feel that I am an absolute force of nature, and that it would simply be safer to raise children in a family (or community) headed by a guy like me, rather than in a typical post-modern hellscape where all males are expected to behave like lapdogs, just waiting in their miserable yuppie condos for the civilization ending scenarios outlined above to start happening.

We all know this shit is going to start happening eventually. Our inner, perpetually unhousebroken animals know this. You can’t lie to them, as they don’t speak the language of we supposedly enlightened moderns, anyhow. Depression and anxiety are actually them letting us know in no uncertain terms that they vehemently disagree with the demonically socially avoidant ways of life that we’ve all collectively bargained for, as the fucking iPhony company’s stock has rocketed somewhere into the range of the valuation of the GDP of entire-continents-full of third world human beings.

nah oil depletion isn’t a problem. the powers-that-be know this shit is going down long before it does, and they’ve got contingency plans. such plans might involve radical changes to civilization, but they won’t jeopardize the survival of the human species.

simply put; man will never destroy himself. he’s too smart for that shit. only some unpredictable natural disaster will do it.

now i’d almost say these types are the female ideal if you didn’t tell me they ‘could not give two shits about what I say. They really don’t respond to content, one way or the other.’

a woman who recognizes a virile, dominant and energetic male and selects him over those ‘lapdogs’ demonstrates the first pre-requisite of the ideal… but without being able to give attention to his intellect or have one of their own, they remain the beta version of female the conservatives so admire; ‘barefoot, pregnant and in the kitchen.’

this is why i admire the feminist movement. it acts as a filter… weeding out beta males who feel interrogated and threatened by the female’s new power… and it also opens up more potential to produce alpha females; those who aren’t just lusting after you, but are also sincerely interested in what you think… because they have a mind of their own.

sounds good, though. maybe try to get them interested, intellectually, by shaking them up a little. put the socrates shuffle on em; question and challenge everything they think and believe and send em into a fucking mental crisis that’s on the verge of a complete breakdown. put some osmosis in their gnosis. that oughta get em interested.

and if it doesn’t work, if you’ve absolutely exhausted your maieutic credentials to no avail, and instead of her crossing her arms behind her back and pacing like a philosopher back and forth in deep thought about the oil problem, she says again ‘yeah denny i don’t care about all that… let’s have sex’, then there’s only one imperative you should concern yourself with; keep it greasy.

^^^ that mutha gets into a 19/16 at the middle. it’s ridiculous. colaiuta (drummer) is like a fucking machine.

You might have a point there if I said I was pursuing any of them individually. I’m not. This is a radical experiment in community building that I’m engaged in. This is some kind of collective unconscious/zeitgeist play that I’ve been working on for many years. I go out there on the streets, on my bike, peace signing and waving at literally everybody, from the rednecks in beat up pickups rocking confederate flags to the lawyer types in their beemers. Then I get off the bike and do my crazy dancing and poplocking routine. I can mime and do all sorts of dramatic acting-out routines. I get the young kids staring at me with their mouths agape and the old folks clapping and pumping their fists toward me, in youthful exuberance.

The girls just know that the entire display is ultimately because of their beauty and for their benefit, first of all. Their jobs, in the collective sense, are not about doing some kind of mental “due diligence” based on the world of ideas. All they need to do is be in the midst of my ability to exercise dominance over all other males… from the big, gymrat fratbros to the skinny nerdy kids who are trying to make it in the tech world. And in the midst of all of this, they, with their own brand of maternal genius, can come to a truly democratic consensus that I am, plain and simply… the man, and that I must be reckoned with. Then the other types of guys are forced to start emulating me, and working cooperatively with (or under) me to help build truly sustainable future communities for the girls whose attentions and affections they are also trying to win over.

The questions of the sustainability of modern human civilization are transcendent to any particular human or group thereof. Human populations started exploding upwards ca. 1800 because they started to parasitically feed off of the biomass that had collected underground over the course of untold millions of years. There is nothing that we can do to circumvent the basic laws of thermodynamics. We can only humble ourselves to the awesomeness of it all… enter the transcendentalists and existentialists!

Just watched Improvs - Paul on Synth.

Who is on the drums?

Who is Paul and what kind of Synth? Is it an actual analog instrument?

This is all very interesting to me, because one of the main apps I’m working on in Linux on the Web (my next generation operating system) is called “Synth”. Clicking here will take you the desktop interface (for the best experience, it is highly recommended to use an up-to-date Chrome browser). At the bottom of the page, there is an application launcher thingamajigger, and the Synth app is the first application on it. There aren’t many graphical controls in the app, and the whole system is far from being an end user’s paradise, but I’ve been furiously hacking on it since 2012, and it is slowly but surely starting to develop a life of its own.

I think we can really start making this whole system come to life… perhaps with the Synth app leading the charge. There are many directions I can start moving app development towards, and one of the most interesting of these is enabling a kind of distributed, online jam-band experience, where players can control virtual instruments in each other’s synth setups. Think World of Warcraft (or Fortnite if you are familiar with what all the kids are doing nowadays) for experimental musicians. This is very much not a pipe dream. I have all the mechanisms necessary to get this idea up and running already working. It’s just a matter of starting to put all the pieces together into something absolutely wonderful…

lol! that’s an old roommate (paul) on the roland synth box. he had just bought the thing and took it out of the box. neither of us knew the first thing about it and the instruction booklet was a bit intimidating; we were both rather stoned at the time. so paul started pressing buttons and i got on the drums. all of that shit was on the fly. further down you probably saw the ‘gameshow’ video; this was me playing drums over a demo melody from that same synth.

Everything I do is to try to reverse this trend of dystopian, cult-of-no-personality course into oblivion we seem to be on. I don’t care for technology as a valuable thing in itself. But that is currently the only way for me to prove my objective worth as a human being (plus, its just a very fun, never ending brain teaser to exercise me noggin’ on). The world of community-based open source software development (which is what the word “Linux” mostly refers to) is ripe for the picking, in order to get true believers on our side. Linux on the Web is kinda like, “I don’t always drink beer, but when I do…”, except, “I don’t always get online to play around with web apps, but when I do…”.

So for me, getting at the forefront of tech is all just a means to an end to return to the same kind of “pick up and go” attitude that your videos are all about.

The people in my town (GNV, FLA) are literally beside themselves when I’m at the top of my game on the streets.

I would say I’ve averaged one front-page story or reference in the student newspaper since I’ve been here. Most recently, I was on the cover of the New Student edition of the college newspaper last August (not counting the story of me getting arrested for “trespassing” a week later, but that’s a different matter entirely, lmfao), next to local legends Tom Petty and Bo Diddley. They photoshopped that image in, using a picture they took from a photo shoot and story they did of me when I first moved here in 2012, and started raising hell on campus.