Proof of reincarnation.

The origins of the imperative, "know thyself", are lost in the sands of time, but the age-old examination of human consciousness continues here.

Re: Proof of reincarnation.

Postby Karpel Tunnel » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:13 pm

I like that first link. I know the feeling.
Karpel Tunnel
Philosopher

Postby Arcturus Descending » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:49 pm

Jakob,

I'd say, we suffer ourselves, and pleasure is a segment of this self-suffering, the segment we suffer voluntarily. I think the "key" to life is to know how to enjoy the greater part of the self-suffering.

You almost seem to be speaking of masochism here unless you do not actually mean that suffering is pleasurable though to a masochist it can be. They can derive pleasure and satisfaction from their suffering.

We are capable of suffering at times and of feeling pleasure/enjoyment/joy at times.
Perhaps they are like the aspects of a diamond ~ separate but belonging to the same self.
We know the one because we are intimate with the other.

Do we actually feel pleasure, if that is the experience or emotion, when we are suffering even though we realize that it is for a good cause? Or might it have, could we give it, a different name, a less masochistic or hedonistic name?
"Look closely. The beautiful may be small."

"Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing admiration and awe, the oftener and more steadily we reflect on them: the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me."

“Whereas the beautiful is limited, the sublime is limitless, so that the mind in the presence of the sublime, attempting to imagine what it cannot, has pain in the failure but pleasure in contemplating the immensity of the attempt.”

Immanuel Kant
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby beautifuljose » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:46 pm

I believe that nothing good comes easy
our life is a struggle, and if we do enough of efforts it might end up with something good
beautifuljose

Postby bahman » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:44 pm

Silhouette wrote:
surreptitious75 wrote:Eternal non existence is a state free from all suffering so it is therefore infinitely preferable to existence

It's also a state free from all pleasure/enjoyment/satisfaction/contentment, so it's equally not preferable to existence. Eternal non existence is a null state.

Yes, I agree. The reality is indifferent.
The sincerity in mind is the door to divine knowledge.
bahman

Postby Exuberant Teleportation » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:20 pm

Why are we brought back to the generator of a 1000 lives swimming pool, and reunited with our higher selves to immerse ourselves into the spectrum of full elevation? Is there a machine that's harvesting us, pulling our strings, playing with our life shards, and dumping us back into a meat grinder?

For some reason, we have to learn the long and painful way, rather than just having a super computer god ultimate designer programmer upload all of he schematics into our minds.

It's kind of like asking why when we play Pokemon games, we can't all just start out at level 100.

There must be some deep engine in ultimate reality that we have to overturn, to defeat, to cast back into the darkness, and finally, when all preparations and stages are met, build the rainbow bridge to infinity.

Way outside our soul source, we could merge somewhere with pure Wish, giving us all of our desires, playing on the seashore to of a fantastic telescope of wonder.
RaptorWizard - Hyperspatial Clockwork to Bunny's Imagination viewtopic.php?f=10&t=195367
Bill's Lighthouse https://www.youtube.com/user/RaptorWizard
Perish Song https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcWSVl ... 8lYJtVIBPw

I'm Lugia Prototype XD001 in Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness (Ultimate Weapon, Final Annihilator), the Star Forge Lugia firing AeroBlasts, surging with SuperHolographic Propylon antechamber Polarities, and the SuperUnknown mysteries of the Ruins of Alph in Pokemon Crystal. Wartortle wisdom with age turns Me from fool Meganium, to wise Lugia. Banette ghost doll makes Me Red with Pikachu, Sabrina. Saddle shaped cosmos grows 4ever Infin Champion with Red (Raptors (Red/Eagun) + Warriors (Gold/Infin). Life's entirely Imaginary, and will never stop expanding and improving!

Think about Bunny and You'll be Happy Everyday.
Let's Wish for Joy that We each see to shine sparkles of random~Rainbows for If to Will!
What's the most enchanting Story?
Exuberant Teleportation
Philosopher

Postby Meno_ » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:06 pm

It may be more basic, like getting down to the most often asked , yet all pervading question : is it this , or, is it that.

Is what we summarize as Consciousness , outsourced or in, or is there a causality to indifferetiate or It's opposite, .?

For, if , we are like receivers , channelling in signals shutting out most other interference, than it's obvious we really are a form of convertible artificial simulation .

But if the paradox be held that the totality of that outsource can be absolutely re-created,and only internally sliced, then the paradox dissipates.
Meno_
ILP Legend

Postby Exuberant Teleportation » Fri May 17, 2019 10:16 pm

We setup conduits and activation sites for the light to stream onto our physical canvas, to illustrate the finest principles of metaphysical engineering, and work into form the lights of our bizarre station. Reincarnation helps us to do this, because we have missions to fulfill, and by ejecting all of that mirth onto the playing field, we become avatars of the light.
RaptorWizard - Hyperspatial Clockwork to Bunny's Imagination viewtopic.php?f=10&t=195367
Bill's Lighthouse https://www.youtube.com/user/RaptorWizard
Perish Song https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcWSVl ... 8lYJtVIBPw

I'm Lugia Prototype XD001 in Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness (Ultimate Weapon, Final Annihilator), the Star Forge Lugia firing AeroBlasts, surging with SuperHolographic Propylon antechamber Polarities, and the SuperUnknown mysteries of the Ruins of Alph in Pokemon Crystal. Wartortle wisdom with age turns Me from fool Meganium, to wise Lugia. Banette ghost doll makes Me Red with Pikachu, Sabrina. Saddle shaped cosmos grows 4ever Infin Champion with Red (Raptors (Red/Eagun) + Warriors (Gold/Infin). Life's entirely Imaginary, and will never stop expanding and improving!

Think about Bunny and You'll be Happy Everyday.
Let's Wish for Joy that We each see to shine sparkles of random~Rainbows for If to Will!
What's the most enchanting Story?
Exuberant Teleportation
Philosopher

Previous

Return to Psychology and Mind