Have you leaned what Jesus and your bible teaches?

I agree.

That is why when Jesus ascended, that happened in his own mind and not in any physical or miraculous way, he took the judgment seat which basically retires God and is Jesus taking full command.

If you do not like thinking in those esoteric allegorical way, think in terms of you finding what Yung and Freud dubbed the Father Complex, — which is basically you finding the roots of your instincts, and in a sense, since they are given to you genetically by your parents, you become the Father or Mother you find within you.

Regards
DL

Where in the scriptures does it say the above?

Chapter and verse please.

Have you learned what Jesus and your bible teaches? I am responding to this question you wrote.

Humour me, show me where in the scriptures including Jesus, “had one line for the sheeple and another secret one for the apostles”.

Whenever someone tells you the Bible say this or that and you are not familiar with the verse, the simplest solution is ask to be shown where it is.

So in my ignorance I am asking you to show me. Simple. I don’t profess to know the Scriptures that well and I am curious and eager to learn more.

I’ve read some of Joseph Campbell’s work and I admire the man.

Alan Watts is a figurehead for the spiritual leftists. He has some wise things to say, but he rambles most times.

Matthew verse you quoted is referring to the inner life of an individual, the health of that third eye releasing dmt, connecting ourselves to another realm. I have grieved and humbled from my own sin, I know my worst sin, I have repented, you have not. Do you really know the big picture? Our brains have doubled in less than 2 million years yet most people think the American revolution was a “long” time ago. Is this century the last? Don’t make me laugh. Do you have secret knowledge to an eternal life? Reach further my friend, the conversation might risk becoming interesting for the idle viewers, looking at our blunders with confusion or laughter. The John verse is valuable, but just a fragment of the whole which composes the true teachings. You can keep the word until the book and words become sanctified to idolatry. Application and sharing is difficult for the isolated. The Romans verse only scratches the surface on the idea of predestination. We cannot know what God knows and has chosen, so stop pretending you can.

Its difficult to agree with your worldview when the ignorant cannot enter it. Any intellectual elitism will eventually defeat itself.

If I am to abandon any risk of interpreting myths literally, is there an addition to applying it to my life? An addition where I apply it to psychological or moral phenomenon or some artistic interpretation that is always changing?

You can try your best attaining the moral high ground, but you are man not God.

So many people on this site try to show their depth of knowledge and wisdom, but I find it moot. Who is going to know what we talk about?

Here’s one example:

Mark 4:10-12 New King James Version (NKJV)

But when He [i.e.Jesus] was alone, those around Him with the twelve asked Him about the parable. And He said to them, “To you it has been given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God; but to those who are outside, all things come in parables, so that

‘Seeing they may see and not perceive,
And hearing they may hear and not understand;
Lest they should turn,
And their sins be forgiven them.’ ”

Of course this is coming from the NT. The NT includes miracles performed by Jesus, that is that he had supernatural powers. So the same document that indicates that his parables mean one thing to some people and another to his closest followers, indicates that he literally performed miracles.

“When he was alone, those who were around him along with the twelve asked him about the parables. And he said to them, “To you has been given the secret of the kingdom of God, but for those outside, everything comes in parables; in order that they may indeed look, but not perceive, and may indeed listen, but not understand; so that they may not turn again and be forgiven.”

christianbiblereference.org/jparable.htm

Regards
DL

How can you know this as a fact?

If you cannot show that, then why should I bother with you when you either lie or are living in your mind reader’s fantasy world?

Regards
DL

Oops. I basically duplicated you post before reading down.

Nice that some can research for themselves. Kudos.

Regards
DL

So what does happen when I die and become Him/Jesus?

I agree.

That is why when Jesus ascended, that happened in his own mind and not in any physical or miraculous way, he took the judgment seat which basically retires God and is Jesus taking full command.

If you do not like thinking in those esoteric allegorical way, think in terms of you finding what Yung and Freud dubbed the Father Complex, — which is basically you finding the roots of your instincts, and in a sense, since they are given to you genetically by your parents, you become the Father or Mother you find within you.

Regards
DL
[/quote]
So what does happen when I die and become Him/Jesus?
[/quote]
You do not die. Your thinking changes.

That is why it is described as gaining a Christ consciousness or being reborn with a Christ mind.

Joseph Campbell would call it growing into an adult.

youtube.com/watch?v=aGx4IlppSgU

Regards
DL

So we become similar?

The Abrahamic religions (Judaism, Christianity and Islam) are dualistic (not in the Platonic, Gnostic or Cartesian sense), in that they divide existence in two, the uncreated creator, and the created, whereas the Vedic and Sinic religions (Hinduism, Buddhism and Daoism) are (dialectically) monistic.
The creator makes the cosmos, and man in his likeness, but man is still fundamentally distinct from, and inferior to the creator.

I don’t know why devotees of eastern philosophy insist on imposing alien concepts onto Judeo-Christian and Islamic thought. :-k
It’s tantamount to reverse cultural appropriation. :laughing:

I don’t know, religious studies would be boring if they were all saying basically the same thing. Some religions don’t believe in God, or even the soul, like Buddhism. I think the only thing they may all share is that if they don’t believe in the supernatural, they at least believe in some higher plane of understanding one can attain.

Maybe the secret was the first-hand experience of miracles being performed. Otherwise, we take it as parable and metaphor, a consequence of living a life of forgiveness and love.

Greatest tells me I lie or believe in a fake mind reader world. You could have said yes or no, but instead you attacked me personally for claiming you haven’t repented. I’m sorry.

They know the mystery because they were there with Him in person. You think it is a deeper parable about an inward becoming of Jesus, that you can become like a God and perform miracles. I have had trouble becoming like Jesus because of my vices of money lust, sexuality obfuscating my relationships, and doing too much or too little of things like drugs, travelling, or eating. You would be lying if you told me you are of a different breed, someone who has no passions for attaining worldly temporary pleasures.

For gloomy, lets keep Judeo-Christian traditions separate from the rest, especially Islam. I see Judaism as dualistic at times, and Christianity as a three in one religion. The rest in the west are divergences amongst number, science, and political deception. I’d love to learn more about Buddhism and Tao, but in small doses with my study of Biblical languages, history, and archaeology. The supernatural has been a way to explain away what we don’t know, and a higher plane of understanding is attempting to explain the pareto distribution applied to information and knowledge, that only a few will be the smartest and claim wisdom.

Better as that older version of Jesus is quite immoral if you look at his moral tents that are not moral at all. That Jesus is just a Roman invention though. I particularly dislike his no divorce and substitutionary punishment policies.

I like the other Jesus who is more of an Eastern thinking sage who would have use seek knowledge and wisdom instead of a free ride into heaven by using him as a scapegoat.

Here is how that good/better Jesus is portrayed as saying.

Here is the real way to salvation that Jesus taught.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Allan Watts explain those quotes in detail.

youtube.com/watch?v=alRNbes … r_embedded

Joseph Campbell shows the same esoteric ecumenist idea in this link.

youtube.com/watch?v=aGx4IlppSgU

The bible just plainly says to put away the things of children. The supernatural and literal reading of myths.

Regards
DL

True. I call that Gnosis. It is for adults while the supernaturalstupid thinking is for children.

Have a look at the links in the post just above.

Let me add a bit more for you below.

I hope you can see how intelligent the ancients were as compared to the mental trash that modern preachers and theists are using with the literal reading of myths.

bigthink.com/videos/what-is-god-2-2

Further.
pbs.org/moyers/journal/03132009/watch.html

Rabbi Hillel, the older contemporary of Jesus, said that when asked to sum up the whole of Jewish teaching, while he stood on one leg, said, “The Golden Rule. That which is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbor. That is the Torah. And everything else is only commentary. Now, go and study it.”

Please listen as to what is said about the literal reading of myths.

"Origen, the great second or third century Greek commentator on the Bible said that it is absolutely impossible to take these texts literally. You simply cannot do so. And he said, “God has put these sort of conundrums and paradoxes in so that we are forced to seek a deeper meaning.”

Matt 7;12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

This is how early Gnostic Christians view the transition from reading myths properly to destructive literal reading and idol worship.

youtube.com/watch?v=oR02cia … =PLCBF574D

Regards
DL

I do not differentiate as you suggest and just look at both ideologies.

Both Christianity and Islam, slave holding ideologies, have basically developed into intolerant, homophobic and misogynous religions. Both religions have grown themselves by the sword instead of good deeds and continue with their immoral ways in spite of secular law showing them the moral ways.

Jesus said we would know his people by their works and deeds. That means Jesus would not recognize Christians and Muslims as his people, and neither do I. Jesus would call Christianity and Islam abominations.

Gnostic Christians did in the past, and I am proudly continuing that tradition and honest irrefutable evaluation based on morality.

topdocumentaryfilms.com/theft-values/

youtube.com/watch?v=ZxoxPapPxXk

Humanity centered religions, good? Yes. Esoteric ecumenist Gnostic Christianity being the best of these.

Supernaturally based religions, evil? Yes. Islam and Christianity being the worst of these.

“that you can become like a God and perform miracles.”

Eh. No. I am not a brain dead theist.

Regards
DL

Felix and Greatest

Jesus said, Mark 4:11 “Unto you, it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God, but to them,” the rebellious, the wicked, “that are without, that these things are done in parables. That seeing they might see and not perceive and hearing, they might hear and not understand.”

Why did Jesus use parables?
In Mark 4 verse 11 and 12, Jesus is saying that he is teaching in parables so that the people may understand, to make it as simple as it can be to teach the truth.

The article on Parables in Smith’s Bible Dict. explains this very clearly.

The parable differs from the fable (1) in excluding brute and inanimate creatures passing out of the laws of their nature and speaking or acting like men; (2) in its higher ethical significance. It differs from the allegory in that the latter, with its direct personification of ideas or attributes, and the names which designate them, involves really no comparison. The virtues and vices of mankind appear as in a drama, in their own character and costume. The allegory is self-interpreting; the parable demands attention, insight, sometimes an actual explanation. It differs from a proverb in that it must include a similitude of some kind, while the proverb may assert, without a similitude, some wide generalization of experience.–ED.) For some months Jesus taught in the synagogues and on the seashore of Galilee as he had before taught in Jerusalem, and as yet without a parable. But then there came a change. The direct teaching was met with scorn unbelief hardness, and he seemed for a time to abandon it for that which took the form of parables. The worth of parables as instruments of teaching lies in their being at once a test of character and in their presenting each form of character with that which, as a penalty or blessing, is adapted to it. They withdraw the light from those who love darkness. They protect the truth which they enshrine from the mockery of the scoffer. They leave something even with the careless which may be interpreted and understood afterward. They reveal on the other hand, the seekers after truth. These ask the meaning of the parable, and will not rest until the teacher has explained it. In this way the parable did work, found out the fit hearers and led them on. In most of the parables it is possible to trace something like an order.

So your question was just a set up for Smith? Who needs thought when we have Smith’s Bible Dictionary? Did you even notice that Smith didn’t explain what the parable in question meant? Neither does the passage say that it is referring to the “rebellious” or “the wicked”. That’s someone’s interpretation. If it was your, I say bravo! =D> At least you put that much thought into it. But, if it is merely Smith’s then :frowning: . Too bad the disciples didn’t have Smith. Smith is the true Gnostic–the one who KNOWS. :wink:

To me the issue of the parables is moot in the context of was Jesus or is the Bible or is Christianity really Gnostic.

The reason: If we follow GIA then the supernatural does not exist. Fine. But using parables to support this is extremely problematic. The parables are in the NT and the NT has reporting of miracles performed by or undergone by Jesus. They are not presented as parables. They are not parts of someone’s speeches, but reported as events meant to be taken literally. If we listen to intepretations of the parables or sayings that seem to support GIA’s position - iow treating the NT as an authority on Jesus - then it’s authority goes against the dismissal of the supernatural also.

I think Jesus used parables because scriptures say that to perfect ones wisdom, on had to get away from Christian dogma and look elsewhere.

Hebrews 6 King James Version; 1 Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,
2 Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

Regards
DL