What are you doing? (Part 1)

Peasant food is in. Big time. You can sell ramen noodles to hipsters for 12 bucks if you throw an egg in there and some leaves and shit.

Most of the great classic dishes are, or are derived from, peasant food. According to the brilliant but unreliable German philosopher, bon vivant and auteur of the beezer haircut, Ernst Werklempter, cheese souffle was a favorite of Flemish peasants, who were poor but who tended to own many chickens. They would trade with itinerant German candy mongers (Schweetzenzellers) usually exchanging Wallonian condoms for chocolate bars in the shape of weapons, or sometimes the shape of various bovines, or a special holiday version that looked eerily like a chickenhawk attacking Donald Trumps head.

During the Great Cheese Famine of the Fourteenth Century, this chocolate was substituted for Kunch, a Flemish cheese which tasted like catsup-infused Velveeta. And just like that, the chocolate shuffle was born.

I remember starting to read about that before all my Werklempter books got lost when I was moving a few years back.

I made a chowder once… it was tasty/filling…

I make a mean saffron-infused chicken wing stew, cooked with carrot and pumpkin batons, and sometimes served with a newly-found cornmeal couscous/rice substitute (made from maize) if I need some carbs… so versatile, as it can be used instead of rice, couscous, sushi rice, porridge/millet, etc… you get ma drift.

“Life is not worth living without carbs.” - Jean-Paul Werklempter

Seems true.

Life is good.

of course there’s going to be some degree of inefficiency and disorganization involved when running a job. that wouldn’t be a strong argument against the free market and in favor of greater regulation and administrative control. in fact, even counting the disorganized mess that much of the free market creates - any asshole starting and owning a business who doesn’t know what the fuck he’s doing - the whole system has still proven through history to be more productive and efficient than a regulated market. and this is because, even counting the mess it can make, setting the economy free and opening it up to the spontaneous demands made by the market generally results in massive levels of productivity. okay, we all know this.

but there’s something else to be criticized here, something a little more subtle. when a company is so filthy rich, it’s instances of disorganization and inefficiency aren’t even noticed and have no real detrimental effect. there is something incredibly extravagant, careless and vain about this, and it’s especially insulting to employees who work for the company in a unique way you might not have considered.

what this kind of mess tells an employee is; not only are you making more money off my labor than me, but you’re also wasting money by having me do something that isn’t making you any money… something you don’t even notice because of how filthy rich you are.

this can also mean; my chances of getting a raise are less likely on account of you failing to utilize your resources properly to make more money than you are, off of me, because of your incompetence. this translates to: not only are you exploiting me, but you’re exploiting me wrong. if you exploited me right, you might generate greater profits, which might in turn result in me getting a raise. lol… and this means; i’d be getting more of the money that is already MINE in the first fuckin’ place.

employee: help me help you help me get more of my money back.

capitalist: wtf are you babbling about? thanks to you, i’m wealthy enough to not need to be competent, organized and efficient.

employee: but i could make you more money! dont you see what this means? it means you can’t even follow your own principles right. not only are you an exploiter, but a terrible exploiter at that!

the details here… these little nooks and crannies of the glaring inconsistencies of private business. this is why someone with a little more insight can’t take the shit seriously. it’s a joke. and might it be said that the only reason why western capitalism got the jump on the commies was because what i speak of happened on a magnificent scale? i can’t begin to imagine how much this shit happened across the countless industries that flourished during the 40s and 50s.

tally up all the little mistakes, all the times money was wasted, all the times more money could have been made, and put it in a pot. i bet you’d have enough to damn near finance a communist country.

but all that is neither here nor there. what i’m drawing attention to is the shameless gluttony of the free market and the private business. to be made so wealthy by your employess that it needn’t even matter whether or not you know what the fuck you’re doing.

so here’s what’s going on in the video. i’m walking back and forth trying to look busy because i’m given improper tools to do a job that doesn’t need to be done. yeah you heard that right. not the right tools for a job that needs to be done, but the wrong tools for a job that doesn’t need to be done. sorry, i had to say that twice. it has a certain ring to it that i adore.

and where is the supervisor? fuck if i know. probably off somewhere playing on his phone. he couldn’t help me because he’s too fat to bend over. he’d fall foward and then we’d have an incident. but fuck it, it duddint matter if he fucks off. bobbit construction is a megacontractor with so much money, they don’t even need to make sure this guy does his job. but i can tell you where bobbit didn’t get all that money. from lazy fucks like him. it’s all the money made for the company by good workers with incentive and work ethic that made them so rich they can carry the weight of useless fucks like him.

when there’s nothing to do, these guys just make shit up to stay on the clock. what a fucking joke.

sendvid.com/vqqnxkrj

p.s. this is a temp service i work at just to keep the ball rolling. i don’t do this shit ordinarily. i’m broke at the moment because i’m having to sue another capitalist piece of shit (this guy is a piece of work, you oughta see em. old burnt out hippy who thinks he’s bob vila. takes the guy a fucking hour to hang a single piece of crown) who is refusing to pay me what he owes me. the temp service cuts you a check at the end of the day… that’s why i’m there. $56, nigga. let me count my stacks.

I’m waiting for mom to finish showering, and reflecting on questions I asked like, “do alien worlds have different laws?” Or, “does pure reason have limits?”

[Edited because shirt made me look fat, and that is simply not the case]

I was listening to this old man the other day, who’s all about personal responsibility and all that, and who thinks his taxes shouldn’t go to Obamacare celebrate the removal of the individual mandate. He said that Obama was making people pay fines for not buying insurance.

I said to him, if a guy can’t afford insurance, then he didn’t pay the fine. So it wasn’t really hurting anyone other than people who could afford it and chose not to. I told him that I think it’s A-OK to make the personal choice not to insure yourself, but that when you get cancer or break your leg you shouldn’t expect to be able to put that cost off on society because then you’d be no better than the person who’s putting the cost of their insurance policy on the tax pool. The fine was intended to punish those people who could have taken care of themselves but chose not to so that the money would be there when they broke their legs or got cancer and expected society to pick up the tab.

It fried his brain.

If Adam Smith’s hand wasn’t ‘invisible’, shit like this wouldn’t happen…

sendvid.com/5tprx3vk

…going through 3 pages of posts, as I have been MIA for two weeks. Been up for nearly 24 hrs, but the two occurrences aren’t related/have zero correlation.

(anti) Valentines day: youtube.com/watch?v=1IpnUumXVv8 :laughing:

Too up/fully-wired to sleep. :neutral_face:

Music/vibesing time instead then. :stuck_out_tongue:

…having an easy day, minus the (early) Spring-cleaning stint earlier, that I’ve been under for the last few days, but started out slowly weeks ago… cleaning things that haven’t been cleaned in months, if not years… Wah! I must be getting better. :open_mouth:

I can feel the house (and cat) thanking me for it. :smiley:

…so now listening to BTS and other various newly-found artists via the Thomas Cook and Tui flights I recently took, whilst contemplating my imminent career change and other various imminent decisions on the horizon, but until then… music (and food) feeds my soul. :angry:

sendvid.com/0u51h6fn

Quitting another job. God it feels good. Sometimes I get a job just so I can quit it. First thing you gotta do is forget about money. Get used to not having it. This is a sacrifice you have to make in order to experience the joy of quitting… of washing your hands clean from the filth…

sendvid.com/8k431bcr

sendvid.com/2hn2n7s7

Kick off yer boots, Clyde, and do the rocky bottom stomp.

YeeeeeeeeHAAAAAW!

no.

it cannot be, can it?

yes, it can… it is.

they’re playing cotton eyed joe.

what is the correlation between lovers of cotton eyed joe and those who voted for donald trump? serendipper, get me the stats on that, please.