What are you doing? (Part 1)

Alabama beats Oklahoma to secure a spot in the national championship game. 4 years in a row it’s Alabama vs Clemson. If we win the next game, then we’ve got 3 out of the last 4 championships.

I can’t believe this thread is still going.

I can’t believe you’re back. :open_mouth:

Greatest thread of all time.

…it aiight :stuck_out_tongue:

Not slept much, so an early breakfast and start to the day, for me. :neutral_face:

Hey magsj, you remember that time some guy ad hommed me in his OP and I told him to fist fuck his own asshole? Thinking about that makes me laugh.

I propose a rule change… If someone starts ad homming you in a conversation that you’re not even participating in, or if they make a thread about you, then you should be able to say whatever you want to them or in that thread.

Hey MR, you sneaky sly dog.

One ad hom should not manifest another in retaliation… I simply propose that any further threads in that vein be removed from public view… never to see the vain light of day again.

My mom always taught me that 2 wrongs can make a right sometimes. Maybe not every time…but sometimes.

This is true, it came as a shock to me too. When I joined this board I was in high school. Things change huh? Apart from this thread, which is still here somehow.

I’m at my desk, pretty much alone in the office as I’m the only one on my floor who doesn’t ‘wfh’ on Fridays. Clock watching, there’s 45 minutes left.

He means it.

You know, if that’s actually true. :wink:

And going all the way back to the OP:

[b]I’m sitting on my couch, watching a video of the alabama/lsu game while smoking a bong and waiting for chinese food to be delivered. I was thinking of getting someone over here to clean the place. This is usually what I’m doing, I’ve seen this game about 130-140 times now.
Or I’m in the bathroom someplace, bored and using my phone to post on message boards while I poop.

What are you doing right now?[/b]

Never in a million years would I have expected to bump into something like this in a philosophy venue.

But I have always enjoyed dropping in here from time to time myself. We are, after all, “human all too human”. And what could possibly be more philosophical than that?

Maybe you wouldn’t expect this here because you view philosophy as something inherently rigid and methodical…dare I say…objective. If something doesn’t fit into your rigid and methodical framework then it confuses you. Reality is in a constant state of flux for the most part. When you’re unbending in your understanding, or lack thereof of how things actually are, then I imagine that you get surprised by a lot of things.

I agree with iam… I’m thinking the philosophical set would be more into beer and wings.

Damnit Faust.

Can we talk about the best things to eat with a good buzz on? Chinese is of course a classic, even elite choice. One of my all-times used to be a big bag of trail mix. Why do mexican restaurants not deliver? Does anyone know what a fluffernutter is?

Come on, even you don’t believe that. :wink:

Welcome back. Although, admittedly, it’s Moreno I miss most of all. That dude kept me on my toes!

Now, Mr. Faust, post something philosophical. :wink:

Trail mix can be hit or miss. I don’t want that shit with the half melted chocolate chips and generic m&m’s in it with a bunch of peanuts. Give me some of that good shit from whole foods. Chinese can be classic…like a plate of sweet and sour chicken with neon red sauce. Or it can be elite, if by “chinese”, you mean, "food from random asian countries. A lot of that shit is popping up in hipsterdom and the latest shit to eat. Pork buns…you’ve probably never heard of them. Mexican restaurants don’t deliver because they can’t get a driver’s license. But you can use grubhub, or uber eats and they will deliver the mexican food to you for a small…well…for a fee. No one knows what a fluffernutter is.

The best thing may be this Korean trend of eating living fishes. I prefer Sushi if you can get it fresh or Java kitchen (from the Indonesian isle).

Furthermore, lemon wrapped in prosciutto, or grilled sardines like the Andalucians make them at the beach.

Then we’ve just got to change the rules.

In the state of Maine, I have caught smelts in the coves and cooked them up on the rocks. I found alcohol a better accompaniment than weed, perhaps because few outdoor activities, particularly in winter, are enjoyed without it. Best not to forget the garlic salt.