Boycott Google

and face book too!

#LIKE #SARC

#hug or what ever the non-aggressive, politically and culturally correct equivalent way to say, that’s some rocket think.

Not a dancer but if I were… >dance<

I’m just a bot

Could you expand on that…

I’m trying dogpile right now

Oh what such cray cray names… these new search engines have. :open_mouth:

Any good contenders/alternatives iyo? Google now just looks an over-cluttered mess, like the site administrators have a massive case of anti-OCD… a grotesque eyesore, if you will.

At the expense of aesthetic, it seems…

I used dogpile in the 90s. I don’t know what it is now, but then it was a pile of results from various search engines, hence the name.

I’m stuck with google… google scholar, google newspapers, google youtube… I just have to learn to work around their latest bs.

Hey, I am pretty selfish and if I can’t get something as good I will drift back to Google. But it bothers me that what actually is a massive change - when we think of how many people use Google, how the new system will cause people to lose time, click on links they do not want, and how core the use of Google is for getting information - and that I see very little reaction and that people will likely just bow down to this, it is horrible. In a sense Google search has become part of our own cognitive processes. Well we all got just a little bit drunk or a little bit on the road to dementia and that will have huge ripple effects. I also wonder if this is a taste of things to come, where the infrastructure in general will shift, frog in slowly rising to a boil water, to systems that subtly fuck us over more and more.

Things look good out there. Evne with the economic problems and so on, we are more and more stressed, more and more addicted - though our addictions have less of the drama of some of our older addictions - and more and more shallow. We are getting shallower and more stressed.

Trump admin installs new fcc chairman. Amit something, he goes against the will of the people and allows isps to give precedent to the requests of bigger media companies. So back in the day, you could google something, for instance, “ford mustang”, and click, “images” and you’d see all kinds of things from all kinds of sites that everyone uploaded in the images tab, so maybe you’d see someone’s old beat up car, or some random dude’s car in his driveway etc…because, technical shit aside, the internet didn’t favor one content producer over another to the extent that it does now, and legally so because the new FCC guy ended net neutrality. Now when you google, “ford mustang” and click, “images”, you’ll just get a whole shit ton of stock photos. It basically consolidated power to verizon, at&t, etc and gave those companies a huge chunk of something valuable that used to be equal and free for everyone.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Net_neutrality

cnet.com/news/the-net-neutr … d-to-know/

ajc.com/news/national/what- … ARKPHtw5N/

nytimes.com/2018/06/11/tech … epeal.html

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Net_neutrality

cnet.com/news/the-net-neutr … d-to-know/

ajc.com/news/national/what- … ARKPHtw5N/

nytimes.com/2018/06/11/tech … epeal.html
[/quote]
Thank you!

np

I don’t think I could agree more.

I don’t know. It depends how relevant profit is. Walmart doesn’t sell the 1950s style garden nozzles that last forever because the plastic pieces of crap is what makes the most profit.

Seems like it.

That seems a lot like Reagan’s FCC guys eliminating the Fairness Doctrine on the premise that competition would ensure unbiased news. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FCC_fairn … Revocation

Reagan pretty much caused what Trump now calls fake news lol

Google and youtube are now nearly 100% politically, and scientifically correct.

When I type anything remotely controversial in the search box, instead of receiving a plethora of controversial channels and websites criticizing the establishment like I used to, I get channels and sites trying to debunk their criticisms.
For example, if I type vaccines and autism, instead of getting loads of channels and sites claiming vaccines give your children autism, I either get sites refuting that claim, or just general info about vaccines.

They also limit the amount of results you get.
In the old days, if your search turned up 1 million results, you’d at least have the opportunity to explore each and every 1 of those 1 million results, now you’ll only be able to explore the top 100, or 1000 of those results, almost all of which are state controlled corporate funded.

Duckduckgo used to be alright, but recently they’ve been infiltrated by the corporate state, and they’ve decided to run it into the ground.
For example, when you do an image or video search, you only get a handful of results instead the hundreds or thousands you’d used to get.
Of course this’s self-sabotage and they know it, Duckduckgo has been hijacked, and is in the process of committing digital semboku, its goose is cooked.

I recommend Jive Search for an unadulterated exploration of the web:

https://jivesearch.com/

That oughta piss off the trumptards =D>

Right, and the authoritarian, brainwashed, elitist sciencetards, who hate free markets, speech and thought, who’re unable to see science is in large part controlled by big business, big pharma and government, who’re incapable of formulating an opinion based on examining alternative research, collecting anecdotes and listening to their bodies, who’re incapable of exercising critical, independent thought, will be most pleased.

It should piss everybody off. Unless for some reason you think that corporations and those in power would never skew information or cover anything up. Or coming at it from another angle, that people should not be able to communicate freely.

Corporations would never lie. That would make consumers not trust them, then how would they sell their products?

Some liberals are skeptical of some or all aspects of political and corporate science too, but mainstream liberals and conservatives have of course gotten behind them, which’s part of what makes them mainstream.

Some liberals are into alternative medicine, diets, conspiracies and ‘new age’ beliefs and practices.

They’re skeptical of big pharma, GMO and scientific medicine.

=D> :handgestures-thumbup:

Alternative medicine is one area where bonds can form across right/left splits, at least in the US. Right wingers can feel it first as a principle - no government can restrict how I try to heal myself, I get to make my own errors - or because they are traditionalists and they had grandmothers and strange aunts who could in fact break fevers and make bones heal faster and they are not as afraid as some liberals of coming off as a believer of some kind. And lefties with their nature is good, skepticism about pharma, the FDA and corporate controlling of how we think about our bodies and healing, end up exploring alternative medicince, perhaps in touchy feely dreamy ways, but also through anal retentive science based naturopathy and more. So when at pharma’s behest the government tries to shut alternative medicine down suddenly people who would not agree on abortion, recent wars, hipsters, logging or any of a number of highly divisive issues can work together. If only they could each learn to spread out their skepticism about what power is saying to a more broad front.

There are hints of this, but not nearly enough.

Good points, a significant minority of liberals and conservatives question scientific medicine for similar, and different reasons, liberals because they distrust big business, which’s what scientific medicine has become, conservatives because they distrust authoritarianism, which’s also what it’s become, conservatives because many grew up in rural communities exposed to traditional western medicine, liberals because they’re less anthropocentric and are curious about traditional eastern medicine.