Out with old in with new!

Happy New Year everyone at ILP!
Any new year resolutions?

If you would like to post any new year’s resolutions here:

I

I would like to become a better person all around, less critical and more observant.

I simply plan to keep up being awesome, in 2019.

Right now, my cat is exercising his catty curiosity, like cats do… I find this annoying, and cute, at the same time. :smiley:

MagsJ decided to opt for the women’s theme song…

m.youtube.com/watch?v=aoYEQgG4-JY

What are words after all?

…and you constantly attempt to bring others down with your words… how very apt a song choice/how very common a game played.

Will Ecmandu expand his philosophical concepts in 2019? who knows :confusion-shrug:

Should Ecmandu expand his philosophical concepts in 2019? yes :stuck_out_tongue:

It just happens to be the song that psychopaths play on repeat…

Non psychopaths actually listen to others and change if the other is correct.

Besides, I’ve grown exponentially in 6 years, I haven’t seen you grow at all since I joined these boards. I think you’re talking to yourself and not me.

Yes bundy’s theme song, which I posted above, as far as most people on these boards, is a very apt ILP theme song.

There are people that listen to that song to convince themselves of it’s refrain, i.e. people who generally don’t believe they are beautiful and are trying to convince themselves of it. You might compare it to the Little Engine That Could: it’s an affirmation, which becomes true by its repetition, rather than a credo of which the speaker is already unwaveringly convinced.

Also Christina Aguilera’s best work, in my opinion.

Britney Spears is better.

Happy New Year, Meno_ :smiley:

My resolution is, to get my head screwed on straight :sunglasses:

I’m not a great fan of either, but I like exactly one song from each (Beautiful and Piece of Me). Aguilera has more natural talent, Spears seems a better performer. I respect Aguilera more, but given how little I know about either of them, it’s not really fair.

One for me is to get back into classes. I graduated a few years ago, and I can feel myself falling out of the academic mode. I’ve found online classes I’d like to take, and I really should commit to a few, maybe one each trimester if possible. I’m mostly looking at math and programming classes, because they’re interesting and challenging and arguably career-relevant for me. I might also do some more of the Santa Fe Institute’s complex systems classes, that’s an area I’m drawn to for philosophical reasons.

Generally, I’m trying to find resolutions that are both ambitious and concrete. It’s easy to make things that are one or the other, but important that they be both.

It is? Funny how you know that! :laughing:

Something which would suit you and your agenda nicely :wink:

Let’s all stop having our own perspectives and whims, shall we, and abide by those of Ecmandu… because he is correct, and we are psychopaths if we think otherwise. A correct summary of your above statement.

…because, by your previous premise, not many people here think you’re correct? I don’t know about anyone else, but I can live with that.

Yes, it’s near impossible to grow when you’re fighting a long-term illness. Acquiring the tools to deal with such an event should take priority over all else.