Plans for a religion

Dan,

It lasts much longer…

So, if you have to discipline your child (out of love) let us say by taking away one of his privileges for a week to teach him that actions and behavior can have consequences, are you saying that there cannot be pain and irritation there ~~ both on the part of the parent or the child?
What to you is the most basic ingredient and value where love is concerned?

You seem to be portraying love in a kind of easy-going, harmonious way? Is real love always that way?

I really do not want to take away from your thoughts here but doesn’t that statement almost feel like love itself is being used for the purpose of feeling better about ourselves instead of for the growth and maturity of the parties involved?

Acting out of love in a real way does not necessarily have to make us feel more stable and balanced. I mean, that is not its real purpose unless perhaps it allows for the other to feel that way…support that is.

I have similar questions, Dan.

Many people say that real love is both selfless and uneffected by any personal emotion or good feeling. But I don’t understand this. Maybe there is such a thing as this selfless non-feeling love, but I don’t see how a human being, or any animal, can feel that or be motivated to act according to that. They say that any kind of love that motivates you to act because it makes you feel good is really a selfish kind of love because you’re only doing it for the good feeling you get from it. It’s as if “real” love is supposed to be emotionless or feelingless, like you’d be completely indifferent or apathetic about it, like Spock, yet at the same time you’d still act on it out of some untainted, stoic awareness that it’s the right thing to do, or that it’s purely for the sake of another’s well-being. But this sounds to me more like a feeling of obligation or guilt, which I don’t think is the same as love at all. Other than that, I’m not sure how a human being, or any animal, can be motivated to act unless some good feeling to one’s self comes out of it.

Good feeling to one’s self is the driver for any kind of action, whether it come from love, lust, entertainment, ambition, laziness, or whatever. If this is selfish, then selflessness is impossible. Obviously, I don’t think that can be the case, so the question for me is not whether it makes one feel good, but can the other person rely on us. For example, I know that my children can rely on me to always be there for them, to protect them, to care for them, to make them feel safe and loved, because it brings me pleasure to know these things are secured. Compare this to my desire to help someone for purposes other than themselves–for example, if I were in sales and I convince a customer that her satisfaction with the items I’m trying to sell are my top concern. Well, it may be a concern–if she’s happy with the items I’m trying to sell her, that means I’m more likely to make the sale, or that she will be a return customer. But in this case, her happiness is contingent on making the sale, and what’s really driving me is the money I will make on the sale, not her happiness. But with my children, their happiness and well-being is the goal. And people will often confuse this (the goal) with the motivation (personal good feeling). The goal is what I aim for (and it stops there) while the good feeling which I get (knowing my kids are happy and taken care of) is what comes out of it such as to motivate me, something to make me want to satisfy my goal.

But this selfless, feelingless kind of love, I don’t understand. Not that this makes it false or bad in any way, I’ve just always found it to be an obscure and hard-to-comprehend sort of thing, and I question whether a person who brings it up even knows what their talking about.

Strong love, helps you feel stronger, and more inspired, too.
Weak love helps you feel happy, excited or relieved.

Strength is a form of happiness; it’s own form of happiness, not to be confused with others.
It is the enabling of will power.
If you have no strength, you can’t follow choices and make changes in your life.
But when strong, your choices come to fruition.
The stronger you are, the more options you have, the more freedom you feel.

Weak love on the other hand, is in part, a relief from the pains of empathy and compassion.
Pain and depression weakens the will, even though these things can have a positive outcome.
But there are many possible avenues to take here.

Most of us have both strong and weak love.
We live with it.
But to become a better person, with a better life, the weak must be made strong.

So Dan, would you say that weak love is like feeling sorry for someone, and wanting to give of yourself in order to help them? Whereas strong love is seeing value in someone? Value in how they can contribute to your life?

If I have this correct, weak love would not be the best foundation for a relationship because 1) once you’ve helped the person, there is no guarantee that person will be compatible with you or good for you, and 2) that person may just end up being dependent on you. Whereas strong love is a good foundation for a relationship because it is based on the person for who they are–you value them in your life because the person they are contributes positively to your life–and that usually results in stability and longevity.

Weak love is very pain oriented. We feel the needs and pains of others, then helping them is relief of this pain.

Strong love helps people for the sheer joy of helping. It is motivated by health and happiness.
The person you help doesn’t need to contribute to your own life.
They just need to be help-able.

Weak love can take you far, but it tires the soul and spirit.
When weak, we need others more. So it demands more love as it exausts itself.

I used to think that hate and anger were unique, isolated things.
Now i realize that the words “hate” and “anger” are only partially accurate or real.

Internal-Negative-Disharmony:
This is a more suiting word for me to use.
It is a state, not a thing.
It’s a good idea to use meditation to rid one’s self of all internal negative disharmony.

In response to some buddhist discussion, i decided to write the below:

[code]There is space between concepts and ideas.
Although from a distance, we appear as one intentiy,
on the deepest smallest level, we are living energies and cells.
Not everything fits into a set of categories.

Refined iron is stronger and more useful than raw ores.
We must refine our thoughts, emotions, etc.
The idea is to make progressions.

Nirvana is rapid self transmutation.
The word Nirvana falls short of the real process behind the idea.
The word transmutation doesn’t do justice to the art either.

There is space between beings and energies, too.
Yet at the deepest level, things can move faster than light.

Know that you have a force.
Know that even a tiny but true improvement can bloom like a tree from a seed.
Know that there is more than what we see, not less.

Therefor, as you breath in slowly, focus on absorbing
the finest cosmic energies. And when you slowly breath out, you let go of waste.
If you do this enough, it will start a new pattern in your consiousness.
Many things effect your mind.
Be careful, even seemingly harmless ideas can use up years of your precious time.
Likewise, rejoice, good ideas will also build upon your life.

Try many variations of meditation.
Find what works best for you.
Find what increases and improves your force.[/code]

Not a bad start, if possible, fellow Canuk, but would you really want to have everyone doing their own thing freely?

youtube.com/watch?v=zL2LMTRoWlA

Regards
DL

Some near-ultimate levels of reality, once experienced, show a contrast which reveals how terribly low and bad we have it here on the earth as humans.
To the point where we must choose the lesser of two evils,
without the luxury of being able to not choose anything.

The more hungry you are, the more food tastes better and is seen as more desirable.
If we saw the best of things, fully realizing it, it would result in a disillusionment over our present existence.

A lack of goodness could result in a human cherishing the rare goods.
Sometimes these systems work, sometimes they don’t work.

Agree, contrast is of utter importance. Why there must be a duality or more.

Utopia would work if everyone was responsible for themselves. A certain understanding achieved.

According to me, there is endless good and endless evils too.
It has to do with fate being unlimited.
At some point a person eventually gets to start making choices.

But we can lessen the evils through education if not diminish them completely. Possibilities are always going to be endless.

Agreed,

Ultima is the highest being that lives inside the ultimate reality.
The stuff that creates reality, really let loose.
All kinds of good, bad and neutral worlds were produced.
Out of all of them, one became the ultimate, to its own possible degree.

Ultima is a bit like the christian Godhead, but it is more humble,
and it didn’t create the earth, although he did try to recruit / save human souls.

Ultima makes some mistakes, and has some imbalance.
but he wont kill you or punish you and use satan on some kind of sadistic leash.

I will take this as a (no), to my question.

Regards
DL

I must say : most everthing seems to have a cause and a source.
I don’t want to, but i must admit, there is a God.
However, it is not the named, and has no image.
When RRs pray, they talk silently into the center of their souls.
Only some beings will respond at that level.
Pray only to “God”, not to any named being or supposed ultimate.
Do not believe prophets.
Deal with God directly if you can.
I call this direct-theism.

Imagine a super earth, that has more resources, better genes, safer to live no, etc?
God-like stuff can eventually be made, with enough inputs.

Agree, alignment is our biggest power. Like a bee with a hive, one bee alone cannot build it, the whole hive can build it and then work to make hone.

I believe there are little things impossible if we were to achieve an alignment.

I been thinking about this again.

List:

Indoor electric heaters for a large insulated main room.
Lots of room outside for tents.
Unheated rooms for storage and other purposes.
Large fence around the main tent area.

Recommended donations:
10$ per day without food, 20$ per day with food included.

Green houses, goats, and chickens.

Public items such as gaming consoles.
2 TVs.

2 shower rooms. 1 tub room. 3 toilets.

Large kitchen with electric cooking devices.

Inviting monks and public speakers.
Anyone allowed to speak though.

Sounds like a cool community, I live in Oregon. Always wanted my own land to setup greenhouses and do bee keeping. Have a lot of ideas.