Anyone know a good cure for S.A.D.?

If I could go for a 5 min run each day I’d consider that a monumental achievement lol. Just getting my heartrate up is all I need to do.

I’ve given myself a minimum of 3,000 steps per day + any activities I need to do/feel I am capable of… tomorrow is a new dawn a new day, and I don’t think about it until then, so I check my e-calendar before bed and then so to sleep I go.

I set my alarm for 5.45 this morning and did an hour of squats outside. Getting back into this routine will also help me get up and go to bed at something approaching normal times, which is always a serious issue for me. Left to my own devices I would simply sleep and get up when I felt like it.

You could set progressive goals doing a bit more each day :slight_smile: That’s my plan, if I can get started lol. I’m always surprised how quickly I come back into shape… if I can get started. The hardest part of any journey is the first step.

Wow an hour of squats? Seems like you’re already in good shape lol. I know what you mean with sleep and sometimes I feel like I’m on a 25-hour day.

I remember reading somewhere that a 25-hour day is what humans default to, on average, if all external light stimuli are taken away.

A 3000 step minimum works for me, as I also have to take other factors into account on a daily basis of total energy expenditure, and now having added fortnightly weights sessions to my output (and more importantly… recovery) even more so.

Having said that, my average weekly output varies from anywhere between 20 to 35 thousand steps, so more dependent on necessity of moving, than adherence to a self-designated dogma.

It’s about self-optimisation… energy available, converting to pertinent output only.

I recommend starting with autosuggestion telling yourself you’re ok, you feel good and it will pass.For me I feel that changes the biochemistry inside and not vica versa but maybe doing it from both ends is most plausible and effective.

I think that would and can set the mind up in a positive place, for receptivity, but the mind cannot cure all ills and ails, but it is a good starting point for what we know we need to do to help/cure ourselves.

Autosuggestion will not make my body create more iron, or any other deficiencies I may have, but it will make me focus on what I need to do inorder to rectify it. Grief cannot be willed away either, even though our loved ones wish we could will it so, but yes… autosuggestion is a good place to start.

I’m still on an hour of squats each morning but am thinking of increasing it now.

I walk an average 2 - 3 miles a day 8 days a month
So my total step number at approximately I 500 steps a mile is 30 000 which is on average I 000 a day
However I measure distance walked in either miles or hours as steps are both too small and too many

If we factor in walking too, then my figure is an absolute minimum of 2 miles a day, 5 evenings a week, since I walk to and from work, which is a mile away. That’s not counting all the other walking I do, at home or going to the shops. At work I do a lot of running around, on a stop-start sort of basis, since most evenings I’m out on the court, assisting with the senior citizens’ sports club, which basically involves pushing their wheelchairs round. Other times I might be helping them in the pool.

I would hazard a guess that 1000 steps a day is an improvement on your previous steps-per-day average… that’s if you even had one at all? I know I didn’t, and it’s not a place I want to go to again, so knowing the trigger and avoiding it, is paramount to avoidance.

I could tell by the tone in your more recent posts, that you were mentally and physically in a more positive place… whatever it is that floors our cells and therefore our being, should not be allowed in the human food chain.

You are quite active, if not very… already - can you feel any improvement in yourself since starting your morning workouts?

Yes, I believe I can feel an improvement, if only a slight one, which is why I was thinking of increasing it to two hours. It’s also helping my sleep pattern.

Hey! that’s great… why more squats only though? Why not alternate knee to chest jumps, or star jumps in addition to squats? or some push-ups etc…

I could give them a go, but I’m far more used to squats as we had to practice them every day at school for the squatball team.

Your body will appreciate a more rounded workout more though, which does mean incorporating upper-body and variety, but the choice to is obviously yours to have.

Just saw an advert for CBD oil… yes CBD oil… they sneaked the legalisation of it past any fanfare of a formal announcement, but the one advertised came in four flavours… hence additives lol. The conglomerates just don’t get it do they? un-labeled additives in everything, which is making the UK workforce lethargic and unproductive, and something which our media has hi-lighted and which needs addressing.

I’m trying ginseng, from today… the Korean… as opposed to Siberian, one, to help with quicker recovery from my weight-training sessions, which nearly killed me last week, but I live to tell another tale lol.

I am in a more positive place but it is a work in progress and so there is always room for improvement though I simply let it be
I am now less dogmatic than ever and in actual fact have no absolute views on anything that is not demonstrably true or false
I try to avoid negative thoughts as much as possible and exclusively focus all my energy only on things that actually affect me
I know that nothing really matters in the grand scheme of things so I do not waste time worrying about what I can not change

What’s it called when you hold your hands behind your neck while squating and hold a ball between your elbows?

Squat Thrust ?

Possibly. That’s how we were taught to do it at boarding school because the game of squatball involves using only your elbows and knees to catch and throw a ball, while squating. The ball has a bell in it by the way, in case anyone was wondering.