Do you folks still doubt me about platonic forms?

Allow me please to emulate this:

How does anyone discern “intellectual contraption” as anything other than two words in the dictionary? Is he able to cite the pages in the OED? And then translate them into Mandarin?

As with nonconsensual violation, consensual violation is merely a sympathetic metaphor for Kant’s categorical imperative in the fourth [and fifth] dimension.

Besides, everything consents to exists. And, once Trump is re-elected in 2020, we can at least double that. Also, since the set of all elections in a zero sum world was first broached by Plato in the Republic, it is only a matter of time before we establish this formally.

You seem to ground your beliefs and concepts in what you alone think and feel, or either you are simply trying to be unique… you argue on points that are based solely in your head, so debating them will always be one-sided… for you.

We all have a few concepts in our minds, that are unique to us, but you seem to have all of yours’ this way… and that doesn’t mean it’s a good thing.

I was giving you a compliment. Really.

This …

… is just beautiful. It’s poetry.

It defies any attempt at rational analysis. It transcends reason. It requires a pure reaction from the depths of your being.

Zeno’s Paradox… seriously?

Right, so you zoom in towards a microscopic view of a tree from 3000 miles away and: not beautiful, not beautiful, etc, etc, BEAUTIFUL, not beautiful, not beautiful, etc, etc?

Of course not, the beauty of a tree increases relatively suddenly as you approach near enough to see enough of it, the effect of proximity on the perceived beauty of the tree dies down to slowly curve off over a significant amount of distance, and relatively suddenly diminishes as you get too close - much like a bell curve of beauty plotted against distance. The curves are relative between each axis, there is not one absolute sweet spot, there is an entire area of relatively sweet spots that one approaches relatively and passes by relatively. There is nothing absolute about it - and before you blurt it out, no, “absolutely relative” is not absolute, it’s relative.

Also, perceptual acuity is to do with foresight, not seeing beautiful things or “absoluteness”.

Calling an idea “hand-wavey” is not an ad hominem. An ad hominem is the fallacy of arguing against content by means of appealing against the personality and so forth of the person arguing. I’ve been implicitly mocking you and your argument because they’re funny to me and it’s hard to believe somebody could really be arguing so intently in favour of your arguments - but never once have I used your character etc. as reason to doubt your arguments or detract from them, I have only ever used reasoned argument against any content I can find in your words. For this you should be appreciating my conversation with you, even if you might be sensitive enough to take to heart the manner in which I sometimes go about it. You’re fully permitted to do the same in return, how we each “feel” about our respective arguments and each other has zero value or less. I expect nothing more from you than logical content that is backed by nothing but measurable, repeatable and testable evidence wherever appropriate, however you choose to decorate it, which is all I am providing you and is all I ask in return.

Overall you are failing to deliver - for all the deserved credit I gave to you on that one occasion for form, even if not for content. You won’t get away with inconsistency in the only important regards.

Right, so motion = infinity, great. So now we have two things that defy “eternal forms”, superb! You have doubly undone your argument in relation to both the terms “eternal” as well as “form”, with evidently existent “motion” contradicting “eternal” and now “infinity” contradicting “form”.

You’re doing all my work for me…

A final thought:
If your primary sense was hearing instead of vision, you would not even give your argument a moment’s thought because sound is literally meaningless as an eternal form. Sound necessarily happens over time, it is not frozen, there is no Platonic form of the experience of the B flat just above 440 Hz by definition. You would do well to admit that so much in the world is known not just without eternal forms, but exactly because they can have no eternal form.

I’ll respond to the rest soon.

I’ll make a deep comment about your joke of Zenos paradox …

If you move an infinite number is steps to get there, you never get there.

If you do get there, you never took a step.

Think about this with quanta

I’ll just address this point right now, because in and of itself, it ruins your argument.

Infinity is begins but never ends.

Eternal is never begins or ends.

Fourness is proven to not be an object.
Yet we utilize it daily.
Fourness wasn’t born; were it born without precedence, it would have to come from nothing.

So we know that we have tangible forms that we know aren’t objects, and we know through proof of contradiction, that they must be eternal (outside of space and time)

It’s not a disproof to say infinity = motion.

In addition to infinity equaling motion, forms must also exist in eternal states. (Otherwise they come from nothing - identity itself comes from nothing).

That’s right, it’s a pattern. A pattern is a particular relationship between objects.

Because it’s a useful pattern.

Eternal forms are not required. All one needs is the ability to recognize patterns and remember them.

People see groupings of four objects and it gets called 4.

People see animals walking in the woods and it gets the name ‘wolf’.

Motion is a changing relationship between objects - a pattern of change.

This is where it gets interesting.

So basically you’re atheistic about templates, essences, types and “ness”.

Someone can be so observant that they see the detail so much that they cannot call two maple trees two maple trees. The variation between them is infinite. That infinite precision to them would make each existent it’s own species.

What’s interesting about this from what I wrote above, is that it’s a lack of perceptual acuity, a true stupidity, that gives us types, retardation of many senses and intelligence…

You believe in 4 but you don’t believe in fourness.

These 2 maple trees are infinitely different from each other in composition space and time (even though theyre right next to each other, from the observers view one of them is in the past relative to another one, ahh so minuscule, but true nonetheless)

So the question I pose right now: what is the essence of this thing we call maple trees that transcends pattern recognition?

Is it our mental retardation or is there such a concept as mapleness, which again, is in a dimension outside space or time?

‘Essence’ is the pattern.

There is a concept of mapleness which we have defined. It “exists” as an identified pattern while people exist who think about it and remember it. Not eternal.

Sure. They could be considered different species if that was a useful idea.

What people do is to move seamlessly between levels of abstraction. At any instant you are looking at …

• the trees which are unique individuals
  • two maple trees
  • two trees
  • a part of a forest

Pick the concept that is most appropriate at the time.

Why not wait and respond to all of it at once?

Your “deep comment” about Zeno’s paradox is just explaining what the whole flawed idea is. That’s not depth.

Your issue remains the same: you are thinking statically like a roll of film with still pictures - life isn’t like that, film is a representation of reality, reality itself is a continuous emergence unto itself. Zeno’s Paradox represents reality as static moments too, and the whole reason the different versions are invalid (of course Achilles overtakes the tortoise/arrows do actually reach their target/etc.), is because it’s a false representation of the continuity of reality. Done. Simple. Paradox resolved. No depth to be found on Zeno’s end nor on the end of anyone who can’t get past his paradoxes.

You seem to have a habit of using terminology differently to standard definitions without announcing this before doing so. Infinity is boundlessness, literally. Finite = boundaries.

Eternal derives from “of an age” or endlessness. Endlessness is without end/boundary in a more specifically temporal sense than “infinity” which means the same thing but can apply to other things like space and quantity etc. If anything, “eternal” is the one that can start before never ending, though not necessarily. The boundlessness of infinity applies to having no start boundary, no end boundary, no boundary at all by definition - it’s the one that never begins or ends.

I guess your “ruining” of my argument is kinda ruined, huh? #-o

And so it starts, I see this all the time: the reversion to repeating previous arguments and ceasing to take on new ones against it or acknowledging how previous arguments were already surpassed. It is at this point that the loser of the argument (yourself) reveals themselves as needing to double down on their emotional investment in their preferred argument, to confirm and thus reinforce through repetition the limited sense that it makes in their mind, instead of admitting the truth of the winning argument and moving and growing as a thinker.

Well, it was nice proving you wrong, but you don’t want that, you only want confirmation. Good luck, phyllo, I don’t think there’s anything more to be gained here.

Ok, let’s say I’m using non standard definitions.

When I think of infinities, I always think of mathematical ones first, you know, ones that start but don’t stop.

When I think eternal, I think that which never changes.

Oh , I just received news that my cousin died …

So I took a break.

Stop being so damn mean to me.

There has to be a solution to zero sum, consent violating realities.

Philosophic zombies
Hallucinating from eternal forms
Or hyperdimensional mirrors.

Necessity here will be the mother of invention

Condolences for your loss.

Mathematical infinities can be with or without a starting point - an infinite line starting at a particular point and extending in one direction or with no starting point (so extending in ‘both’ directions).

I’ll go crawl back in my cave for a while on this…

Thx for the discussion.

That sucks, man.

I hope you’re ok.

Caves are good - they force you to find and create your own illumination.

Stay too long though, and the rheumatism sets in.

I took it well… but maybe not subconsciously, because I’ve been “out of sorts” all day and couldn’t sleep last night.

So let’s whittle this down to bare bones…

Does information get destroyed in existence?

If yes, there are definitely no eternal forms, if no, there definitely are.

My personal take without argument right now, my mind currently is like a piece of jello… is that no information gets destroyed in existence.

Yeah! I won the debate!

If information ever gets destroyed, the first thing someone might think is that nobody would know.

BUT! There’s actually a proof that it doesn’t…

If it ever is destroyed, it couldn’t exist in any present state in the first place, as the present is a subset of its existence.

So: eternal forms exist

Specific information can get destroyed but information per se not so because it will always be there in some form or other in a physical system
This is because the system itself is information even if it is not understood [ all knowledge is information but not all information is knowledge ]