Women cannot be "Strong" and VICTIMS at the same time...

Mjuh.

You can’t think, can you?

But thats your problem girlie.

If you can’t think just look at the unemployment numbers. I know you don’t care shit about the reduction in torture in the world due to Trump so don’t look at that.

:frowning:

Surely you don’t deserve such a great president. But thats part of the generosity of the TRUMP

he is there even for the ingrates.

Trump reduced the amount of torture in the world?

My gut tells me its fake news. But im open minded. If you post evidence I will believe.

I don’t think people really care about torture. It’s a non-issue. Western/Christian nations outlawed torture long ago. But the Middle East still practices it, torturing and beheading people who threaten their social order. Most Westerners are horrified and highly motivated to punish and prevent torture in the West, despite who is president.

I don’t understand why you keep exalting and defending lowlife and crooks. This seems to be your pattern.

…And to take a New York family of tasteless crooks and con men and to refer to them as noble!
(Did you get blinded by all their shiny gold?)

Sorry man, but your value system is all jacked up.

Urwrongx100

There is another way of looking at this. I think that that would depend on who the family is and who the strangers are. It may be the family which is corrupt and the strangers who are fighting that corruption. What is it that deserves our loyalty? What is it that we need to strive to be loyal to if not our own personal integrity and consciousness?

Your statement almost reminds me of that chauvinistic phrase ~ “My country, right or wrong”. At what point, does a child grow up and become his or her own person or individual?

Trump did more for humanity than any US president ever did, I guess this is why you hate him. Leftists are all basically sadists.
Dont pretend you think any decent human being believes you have any human interests at heart. You’re just a lobbyist for the Clinton rape foundation.

Real Americans are proud of their president. He makes the world a better place where no one actually still expected politics to ever amount to that. Im sorry you hate goodness so much. Lets agree to disagree and not communicate. You make me very sick frankly.

lordoflight

Of course, you do realize that when a man or a woman cheats on his/her partner, it is not always or perhaps even usually because there is something lacking in the other but because there is something lacking in the cheater, maybe some big giant hole in the psyche or spirit that can never be filled or perhaps it is because of that constant search for the ideal Mommy or Daddy, albeit it may be unconscious on the part of the cheater, in order to be fulfilled.

Evil to me is a man who rapes and murders a child and/or a pedophile who continually sexually abuses children. Does Hillary Clinton fit that category?

Pandora,

It is called the halo effect and not such an easy thing to do away with jnfortunately. lol I really just do not get it at all. Thoroughly brain-washed.

verywellmind.com/what-is-th … ct-2795906

What did trump do for humanity exactly?

That is one definition of evil but not the only one. If I drown a bunch of innocent men I am pretty much evil. If I ban the cure of cancer I am pretty much evil. If I bomb other countries for oil and zionism I am evil. Et etcetera. I can’t believe I’m actually having to waste my breathe explaining this to you. Even a child would understand this, this is like pre-K stuff. I can’t believe that I actually have to explain there are other forms of evil besides rape, but this is 2018 so who knows.

As for cheating, it only occurs because someone’s needs are not met. Often is the case someone will settle for a relationship they don’t really want because they were rejected by the person they really love. So the person they are in a relationship with wasn’t their first choice and so can never really satisfy them.

lordoflight

I was not suggesting that the above were the only forms of evil. Those were the two which first came to me. You may have asked the question: Is this all you see?

Agreed.

Agreed.

If human beings human lives are destroyed because of greed, whether for money, power or land, that to me is evil.

What about to bring a war to a close earlier and to save the men and women in that war who MIGHT die as a result of the war going on for another year or so. What about the bombs which were dropped on Iwo Jima and Nagasaki which killed or caused such great bodily harm to innocent children, women and men? Do you consider the bombing of those people to be evil or simply some necessary collateral damage?

I wonder what many of the men who served in the Armed Forces thought of their own survival while Innocents were destroyed? Do you think many of them went along with those who decided to play God?

That to me was evil!!!

Well, I am sure that if you think about it for a little while you will come to realize that that is the nature of belief. You did not give enough thought to what I was saying and your bias toward me (evidently) led you to believe that those were the only two things which I thought to be evil which is quite absurd when you think about it. I may not be brilliant as some in here are but I am far from stupid and I count myself to be very intelligent in ways.

Really? Would you like to perhaps re-think that or was that just facetious nonsense?

If you cannot believe something that is the moment in which you must doubt your belief or even your un-belief.

Or believes that their needs are not being met.

ONLY? I am not so sure that I would say ONLY. A man goes into a bar. Had a bad and a tiresome day. This man never cheated before and would perhaps never consider cheating. A woman saunters up to him, a woman who could care less who the man was, who took advantage of how he was feeling at the moment, of his having had more than a few drinks, of his vulnerability. He forgets who he really is and what is important to him and allows himself to be taken in by this woman’s so-called kind and thoughtful words to him, her so-called empathy and compassion, and voila, he is hers for the night. I suppose one can say that the man did feel that his needs were not being met at that moment.

But men and women also cheat because they feel they have a right to - it is their privilege because of who they think they are. It is their ego and their narcissism which tells them so.
Does the hedonist think that his needs are not being met?

One may say that this may have to do with the inability to delay gratification which is one of the signs of maturity in a man or a woman.
So tell me, who is to blame in this scenario, who is to be held responsible here? The person who rejected them or the person who could not wait, who did not value him/her -self and who was not capable of being alone until the so-called right one was found?

What I see is that I feel like I’m being baited and trolled.
What I see is what everyone else can see.

I find it funny how women label men who treat them bad as egoistic narcissists. While most women in America are egoistic narcissists, as default.

Femsplaining. People who have a low or muted sex drive, who don’t comprehend that going for years without getting laid will cause mental illness in someone whos more virile. Some people still are well in their 40’s looking for “Mrs. Right”.

lordoflight

My suggestion to you was and is a legitimate one.

Your perception is flawed in this regard ~ our feelings are not always grounded in reality.
I am not even sure that I would know how to bait and troll. Point out to me where you think you see this and I will give it some thought.
What I see/saw is that I was trying to draw you out for discussion but you made of yourself some kind of fish.

That in itself is a very presumptuous statement. You may have to spell that out. We all see with different eyes at times. Do not stand on the shoulders of others.

"While most women…That is a very biased opinion. If you take the time to LOOK, you will note that I said…

But men and women also cheat…

But I will give you this. You have a point. There are INDIVIDUAL women who feel as you say but the same goes for INDIVIDUAL men. Neither have a monopoly on that bias and tunnel vision.

Did I say anything about going for years…? I was speaking about having value for one’s self and understanding of what one may look for in a mate and allowing one’s self the time to wait and maybe get to know one’s self and maybe why the relationship went wrong in the first place.

Rebounds are a dime a dozen and what do they actually do except satisfy one’s sexual needs for a little while and then what? It is back to square one and the little lonesome dove. I am not so sure that going for years without sex will cause mental illness (sounds like a myth to me) as long as one uses that sex drive, that libido in creative and purposeful ways.

More than any previous human being.
That you aren’t aware proves you were never empathic with the worlds peoples.

The relief among hundreds of millions is tremendous. The hatred for him of the modern western left is demonic, pure undiluted malice.

Trump, is a spoiled brat and a narcissist, who has no problem lying straight through his teeth and who can only see his own reflection wherever he looks (which also makes him a perfect dumb puppet). There is a fine line between displaying confidence and displaying arrogance, and he’s walking on the wrong side of the line. But it’s not coincidental, as I believe that’s what he is and that’s exactly what is being pushed. He’s our new King Midas, who will take any piece of shit and try to turn it into a gold standard. Corruption? So what. Nepotism? So what? Felony convictions? Yes, so what? Unbridled greed? That’s right! and so? …Fortunately for him, he’s only a poster boy for the powers that rally behind him and tell him what to do. (Without them and on his own, he’d be as blind as a bat because he cannot see beyond his own, or rather his father’s, imago). And the real enemies are the directors behind him (the crooks and cronies) who are pushing the narcissistic image of Captain America onto the rest of the world. These are the people who concern me the most, as they seem to imagine themselves living in some kind of juvenile fantasy superhero comic book saga; choosing to push exaggerated confidence (blatant arrogance) as the norm. Display of power without any reproach or accountability.

youtube.com/watch?v=wk4wBvqWsUY
And this is the president I, the ingrate, should be thankful for.

youtube.com/watch?v=L1Lb1c2WML8

Your post seems very emotion-oriented Pandora.

I think a lot of people cannot stand Trump because he is a patriot who loves his country, and truly wants to improve US.

Most people seem to hate America and want US to fail. Trump wants US to succeed. Those who speak against Trump maybe full of self-hatred and suicidal nihilism, wanting to take out patriots and anybody who is positive or optimistic about the future.

First and foremost, Trump loves himself, or whatever glorified delusion of himself he has in his mind. And being openly arrogant is not a way to stop people from wanting US to fail.
(neither is bombing their homelands)

In politics, disregarding, or being blind to others’ interests is sloppy and irresponsible use of power.

youtube.com/watch?v=PfoRDgJPCAg
Yes, somebody give this guy a Nobel Prize already.

Edit: and this is not a matter of optimism vs. nihilism, but of delusional optimism vs. realism.

nymag.com/intelligencer/2018/09/ … ulism.html

Jakob, there have been 45 presidents of the US. Can you please point out to me exactly what positive results Trump has caused and done for this country and for the world.

There has been 45 presidents and yet at this still early point you can say that he has done more dismissing what others have done.
Seriously, can you enumerate these things and show me the proof, the evidence ~ based in reality, not based in Trump’s world view of himself.
You make him sound like a god but what I see is more to the point, what pandora sees.

The Psychology Behind Donald Trump’s Unwavering Support
Research explains why Donald Trump maintains support despite shocking behavior.

There’s no doubt that Donald Trump has said many things that would have been political suicide for any other Republican candidate. And almost every time he made one of these shocking statements, political analysts on both the left and the right predicted that he’d lose supporters because of it. But as we have clearly seen over the past year, they were dead wrong every time. Trump appears to be almost totally bulletproof.

The only thing that might be more perplexing than the psychology of Donald Trump is the psychology of his supporters. In their eyes, The Donald can do no wrong. Even Trump himself seems to be astonished by this phenomenon. “I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody, and I wouldn’t lose any voters, OK? It’s, like, incredible.”

Senator John McCain, who has been a regular target for Trump during his campaign, has a simple explanation for his unwavering support. “What he did was he fired up the crazies.”

While the former Republican presidential nominee may be on to something, he doesn’t exactly provide a very satisfying scientific explanation. So how exactly are Trump loyalists psychologically or neurologically different from everyone else? What is going on in their brains that makes them so blindly devoted?

1. The Dunning-Kruger Effect

Some believe that many of those who support Donald Trump do so because of ignorance — basically they are under-informed or misinformed about the issues at hand. When Trump tells them that crime is skyrocketing in the United States, or that the economy is the worst it’s ever been, they simply take his word for it.

The seemingly obvious solution would be to try to reach those people through political ads, expert opinions, and logical arguments that educate with facts. Except none of those things seem to be swaying any Trump supporters from his side, despite great efforts to deliver this information to them directly.

The Dunning-Kruger effect explains that the problem isn’t just that they are misinformed; it’s that they are completely unaware that they are misinformed. This creates a double burden.

Studies have shown that people who lack expertise in some area of knowledge often have a cognitive bias that prevents them from realizing that they lack expertise. As psychologist David Dunning puts it in an op-ed for Politico, “The knowledge and intelligence that are required to be good at a task are often the same qualities needed to recognize that one is not good at that task — and if one lacks such knowledge and intelligence, one remains ignorant that one is not good at the task. This includes political judgment.” Essentially, they’re not smart enough to realize they’re dumb.

And if one is under the illusion that they have sufficient or even superior knowledge, then they have no reason to defer to anyone else’s judgment. This helps explain why even nonpartisan experts — like military generals and Independent former Mayor of New York/billionaire CEO Michael Bloomberg — as well as some respected Republican politicians, don’t seem to be able to say anything that can change the minds of loyal Trump followers.

Out of immense frustration, some of us may feel the urge to shake a Trump supporter and say, “Hey! Don’t you realize that he’s an idiot?!” No. They don’t. That may be hard to fathom, but that’s the nature of the Dunning-Kruger effect — one’s ignorance is completely invisible to them.

1. Hypersensitivity to Threat

Science has unequivocally shown that the conservative brain has an exaggerated fear response when faced with stimuli that may be perceived as threatening. A 2008 study in the journal Science found that conservatives have a stronger physiological reaction to startling noises and graphic images compared to liberals. A brain-imaging study published in Current Biology revealed that those who lean right politically tend to have a larger amygdala — a structure that is electrically active during states of fear and anxiety. And a 2014 fMRI study found that it is possible to predict whether someone is a liberal or conservative simply by looking at their brain activity while they view threatening or disgusting images, such as mutilated bodies. Specifically, the brains of self-identified conservatives generated more activity overall in response to the disturbing images.

So how does this help explain the unbridled loyalty of Trump supporters? These brain responses are automatic, and not influenced by logic or reason. As long as Trump continues his fear mongering by constantly portraying Muslims and Mexican immigrants as imminent dangers, many conservative brains will involuntarily light up like light bulbs being controlled by a switch. Fear keeps his followers energized and focused on safety. And when you think you’ve found your protector, you become less concerned with remarks that would normally be seen as highly offensive.

1. Terror Management Theory

A well-supported theory from social psychology, called Terror Management Theory, explains why Trump’s fear mongering is doubly effective.

The theory is based on the fact that humans have a unique awareness of their own mortality. The inevitably of one’s death creates existential terror and anxiety that is always residing below the surface. In order to manage this terror, humans adopt cultural worldviews — like religions, political ideologies, and national identities — that act as a buffer by instilling life with meaning and value.

Terror Management Theory predicts that when people are reminded of their own mortality, which happens with fear mongering, they will more strongly defend those who share their worldviews and national or ethnic identity, and act out more aggressively towards those who do not. Hundreds of studies have confirmed this hypothesis, and some have specifically shown that triggering thoughts of death tends to shift people towards the right.

Not only do death reminders increase nationalism, they influence actual voting habits in favor of more conservative presidential candidates. And more disturbingly, in a study with American students, scientists found that making mortality salient increased support for extreme military interventions by American forces that could kill thousands of civilians overseas. Interestingly, the effect was present only in conservatives, which can likely be attributed to their heightened fear response.

By constantly emphasizing existential threat, Trump creates a psychological condition that makes the brain respond positively rather than negatively to bigoted statements and divisive rhetoric. Liberals and Independents who have been puzzled over why Trump hasn’t lost supporters after such highly offensive comments need look no further than Terror Management Theory.

1. High Attentional Engagement

According to a recent study that monitored brain activity while participants watched 40 minutes of political ads and debate clips from the presidential candidates, Donald Trump is unique in his ability to keep the brain engaged. While Hillary Clinton could only hold attention for so long, Trump kept both attention and emotional arousal high throughout the viewing session. This pattern of activity was seen even when Trump made remarks that individuals didn’t necessarily agree with. His showmanship and simple messages clearly resonate at a visceral level.

Essentially, the loyalty of Trump supporters may in part be explained by America’s addiction with entertainment and reality TV. To some, it doesn’t matter what Trump actually says because he’s so amusing to watch. With Donald, you are always left wondering what outrageous thing he is going to say or do next. He keeps us on the edge of our seat, and for that reason, some Trump supporters will forgive anything he says. They are happy as long as they are kept entertained.

Of course these explanations do not apply to all Trump supporters. In fact, some are likely intelligent people who know better, but are supporting Trump to be rebellious or to introduce chaos into the system. They may have such distaste for the establishment and Hillary Clinton that their vote for Trump is a symbolic middle finger directed at Washington.

So what can we do to potentially change the minds of Trump loyalists before voting day in November? As a cognitive neuroscientist, it grieves me to say that there may be nothing we can do. The overwhelming majority of these people may be beyond reach, at least in the short term. The best we can do is to motivate everyone else to get out to the booths and check the box that doesn’t belong to a narcissistic nationalist who has the potential to damage the nation beyond repair.

I decided to copy and paste this article here instead of just posting the hyperlink. Those with such a halo effect toward Trump might not even stop to read it. Their minds are already made up. There has not been much that has changed since the above was written except perhaps for those who voted for Trump and have the sense to now regret it.

Is this country really in a far better place than it was before because of him? Mira!