Would Jesus condemn or condone Yahweh for his crimes against

For intuitive and critical discussions, from spirituality to theological doctrines. Fair warning: because the subject matter is personal, moderation is strict.

Moderator: Dan~

Re: Would Jesus condemn or condone Yahweh for his crimes aga

Postby Serendipper » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:41 am

Karpel Tunnel wrote:Did you remember to get the energy for the energy, honey?

Honey, you crashed the car with the baby in it, and you were drunk.
It's just energy, sweetie.

And where would you like us to deliver the package?
Send it to energy.

I don't think a grizzly bear is the right pet for the kids, I thought you were getting a puppy.
They're both energy.

Smurf, you smurfed the smurf with the smurf in it. :D
Serendipper
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1234
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:30 pm

Re: Would Jesus condemn or condone Yahweh for his crimes aga

Postby Karpel Tunnel » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:30 am

Serendipper wrote:
Karpel Tunnel wrote:Did you remember to get the energy for the energy, honey?

Honey, you crashed the car with the baby in it, and you were drunk.
It's just energy, sweetie.

And where would you like us to deliver the package?
Send it to energy.

I don't think a grizzly bear is the right pet for the kids, I thought you were getting a puppy.
They're both energy.

Smurf, you smurfed the smurf with the smurf in it. :D
I did not. I wore a condom.
Karpel Tunnel
Thinker
 
Posts: 991
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:26 pm

Re: Would Jesus condemn or condone Yahweh for his crimes aga

Postby Serendipper » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:18 am

Karpel Tunnel wrote:I did not. I wore a condom.

I trust it had enough energy to resist the energy of the energy from all that energy ;)

Hey this David Butler guy is awesome. Check out the well-deserved praise he gets in the comments if you don't believe me.

Serendipper
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1234
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:30 pm

Re: Would Jesus condemn or condone Yahweh for his crimes aga

Postby Karpel Tunnel » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:33 am

It's interesting that we or someone hijacked the thread. There is some vague parallel. It opens with Jesus' version of moral vs. the OT via Yahweh's nature, and whether there was or should be a conflict. The angry spiteful jealous God of the OT vs. the generally more caring and non-violent Jesus.

And this evolved into a discussion of whether caring for others is a meaningful concept and if so what it entails, means.
Karpel Tunnel
Thinker
 
Posts: 991
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:26 pm

Re: Would Jesus condemn or condone Yahweh for his crimes aga

Postby Serendipper » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:17 am

Karpel Tunnel wrote:It's interesting that we or someone hijacked the thread. There is some vague parallel. It opens with Jesus' version of moral vs. the OT via Yahweh's nature, and whether there was or should be a conflict. The angry spiteful jealous God of the OT vs. the generally more caring and non-violent Jesus.

And this evolved into a discussion of whether caring for others is a meaningful concept and if so what it entails, means.


It's because the greatest I am asked me who my god is and I replied that I can only care about myself, so I suppose my god is me. Then Phyllo opened the selfless acts can of worms and you jumped somewhere in the middle and here we are.
Serendipper
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1234
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:30 pm

Re: Would Jesus condemn or condone Yahweh for his crimes aga

Postby Karpel Tunnel » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:55 am

Serendipper wrote:
Karpel Tunnel wrote:It's interesting that we or someone hijacked the thread. There is some vague parallel. It opens with Jesus' version of moral vs. the OT via Yahweh's nature, and whether there was or should be a conflict. The angry spiteful jealous God of the OT vs. the generally more caring and non-violent Jesus.

And this evolved into a discussion of whether caring for others is a meaningful concept and if so what it entails, means.


It's because the greatest I am asked me who my god is and I replied that I can only care about myself, so I suppose my god is me. Then Phyllo opened the selfless acts can of worms and you jumped somewhere in the middle and here we are.

Oh, man, you just desacralized it. I thought the transition was miraculous.
Karpel Tunnel
Thinker
 
Posts: 991
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:26 pm

Re: Would Jesus condemn or condone Yahweh for his crimes aga

Postby Serendipper » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:16 am

Karpel Tunnel wrote:
Serendipper wrote:
Karpel Tunnel wrote:It's interesting that we or someone hijacked the thread. There is some vague parallel. It opens with Jesus' version of moral vs. the OT via Yahweh's nature, and whether there was or should be a conflict. The angry spiteful jealous God of the OT vs. the generally more caring and non-violent Jesus.

And this evolved into a discussion of whether caring for others is a meaningful concept and if so what it entails, means.


It's because the greatest I am asked me who my god is and I replied that I can only care about myself, so I suppose my god is me. Then Phyllo opened the selfless acts can of worms and you jumped somewhere in the middle and here we are.

Oh, man, you just desacralized it. I thought the transition was miraculous.

It is miraculous considering it came from energy :)

This reminds me of another AW bit: I can't remember the guru's name, but he would always reply to the spiritual with the material and to the material with the spiritual, so if you ask about the nature of reality, you get reference to bamboo shoots and if you ask to be passed a knife at dinner, you'll be confronted with a spiritual dilemma lol. I think that's kinda what you did there.
Serendipper
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1234
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:30 pm

Re: Would Jesus condemn or condone Yahweh for his crimes aga

Postby Karpel Tunnel » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:20 am

Serendipper wrote:This reminds me of another AW bit: I can't remember the guru's name, but he would always reply to the spiritual with the material and to the material with the spiritual, so if you ask about the nature of reality, you get reference to bamboo shoots and if you ask to be passed a knife at dinner, you'll be confronted with a spiritual dilemma lol. I think that's kinda what you did there.
Shit, busted. Look, don't tell any of my followers you found me. Everyday, questions, problems, I took my meditation mat and lap dog and ran.
Karpel Tunnel
Thinker
 
Posts: 991
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:26 pm

Re: Would Jesus condemn or condone Yahweh for his crimes aga

Postby phyllo » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:02 am

If you see Alan Watts walking down the street, kill him.
phyllo
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 10901
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:41 am

Re: Would Jesus condemn or condone Yahweh for his crimes aga

Postby Karpel Tunnel » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:43 am

phyllo wrote:If you see Alan Watts walking down the street, kill him.
But what if you meet Yahweh? (and LOL to your post, I should add)
Karpel Tunnel
Thinker
 
Posts: 991
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:26 pm

Re: Would Jesus condemn or condone Yahweh for his crimes aga

Postby phyllo » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:00 pm

But what if you meet Yahweh?
Kill him.
phyllo
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 10901
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:41 am

Re: Would Jesus condemn or condone Yahweh for his crimes aga

Postby Karpel Tunnel » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:55 pm

phyllo wrote:
But what if you meet Yahweh?
Kill him.

Jesus?
Karpel Tunnel
Thinker
 
Posts: 991
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:26 pm

Re: Would Jesus condemn or condone Yahweh for his crimes aga

Postby Serendipper » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:24 am

LOL you guys!

Looks like some closet Alan Watts fans ;)



but they're always saying that the
00:02
highest religion could get really to get
00:05
there you have to kill the Buddha.
00:08
Supposing a clergyman got up one day in
00:10
pulpit and said "every time you say Jesus
00:16
Christ you have to wash your mouth out."
00:20
Or if you meet God the Father, kill him;
00:26
if you meet God the Son, kill him and
00:29
meet God the Holy Spirit, kill him; if you
00:30
meet the Pope, kill him; if you meet st.
00:33
Augustine, kill him; if you meet your
00:35
father and mother, kill them! Kill them all right away!
Serendipper
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1234
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:30 pm

Re: Would Jesus condemn or condone Yahweh for his crimes aga

Postby Karpel Tunnel » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:30 am

Yeah, but he (and Phyllo) are pulling from the if you meet the buddha on the road
coming from a Zen Master. Not literal. The idea of the Buddha inside you. Gotta kill Watts in the same vein. :)Let me know how you killed Watts....
Karpel Tunnel
Thinker
 
Posts: 991
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:26 pm

Re: Would Jesus condemn or condone Yahweh for his crimes aga

Postby Serendipper » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:50 am

Karpel Tunnel wrote:Yeah, but he (and Phyllo) are pulling from the if you meet the buddha on the road
coming from a Zen Master. Not literal. The idea of the Buddha inside you. Gotta kill Watts in the same vein. :)Let me know how you killed Watts....

It means there is no conception of perfection, so kill any concept you have of god, right?

This goes back to my post here viewtopic.php?f=3&t=193866&&start=50#p2697490

I highly recommend reading it.

And I'll highlight this part

And now going back to this strange monk Dionysus, it was he who first put around the idea in Christian circles that there was such a thing of the knowledge as the knowledge of God by faith, by agnosia, really by unknowing, and he, in a book which he wrote called "The Theologian Mystica", he wrote a treatise on the higher knowledge of God which might be quoted directly from the Upanishads, in certain parts of it, the last section of it reads like the Mandukya Upanishad because it's a series of negations. It says what God is not and he goes very far because he says that God is not "one" because our idea of unity falls far short of what God is; so does our idea of Trinity; so does our idea of spirit; our idea of mind; of justice; of love; all these things are not really God and he says in another place "that if anybody, having seen God, understood what he had seen, what he would have seen would not have been God, but some creature of God less than God; some sort of angel or something like that."

And then in other places Alan says people who believe in god don't have any faith because they need something to hold onto. True faith is letting go of all concepts of god (kill the buddha). If you meet the buddha on the road, it could not have been the buddha, but some creature less than; an impostor!
Serendipper
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1234
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:30 pm

Re: Would Jesus condemn or condone Yahweh for his crimes aga

Postby Karpel Tunnel » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:23 am

Serendipper wrote:
Karpel Tunnel wrote:Yeah, but he (and Phyllo) are pulling from the if you meet the buddha on the road
coming from a Zen Master. Not literal. The idea of the Buddha inside you. Gotta kill Watts in the same vein. :)Let me know how you killed Watts....

It means there is no conception of perfection, so kill any concept you have of god, right?

This goes back to my post here viewtopic.php?f=3&t=193866&&start=50#p2697490

So I suggest killing Watts in the same vein and your response is to suggest I read Watts.... :D
Karpel Tunnel
Thinker
 
Posts: 991
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:26 pm

Previous

Return to Religion and Spirituality



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users