Falsely accusing of rape is rape

Sanctimoniousness is gonna win the midterms. Winter is coming!

Unless Trump quickly finds a woman for the job.

wow this is the real moment isn’t it?

Allá! Viene una tormenta!

There’s no proof he’s a rapist.

“President Donald Trump on Friday ordered the FBI to reopen its background investigation into his Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh to examine the sexual misconduct allegations against the judge. The move came after Arizona Republican Sen. Jeff Flake changed his support at the last minute and requested a delay of up to one week before the full Senate votes on confirming Kavanaugh.”

Good presidenting.

Its good that Trump moves to cast away as much doubt about that as he can.

I wonder if all the allegations would be proven fully true, would that make him a rapist, or is there a difference between an attempt and a “success”? Not that he’d get confirmed in any such case, but I am just wondering.

:-k

If only Ford’s allegation is true, than he is, or rather was an attempted rapist, I suppose.
If the third allegation is true, which it’s in all likelihood not, than he was a serial rapist, or a mass rapist.

And what if Ford is lying, what does that make her?
A Rape Faker?
Or a Rape Liar?

The FBI is in the Democrats pockets and Trump loathes them for that. Should all make for interesting headlines and fake news exposes.

Wendy did you read that in the real news? The fake news I’ve been watching disagrees.

If she has just spoken about it, she is a slanderer. If she wrote about it she is a libelist. Not easy to prosecute in criminal courts. If she does it under oath, then it is more easily prosecuted. Civil courts offer more opportunities, but tough with a case this old, unless she did some very stupid stuff along the way, like tell people she had a trick to keep him off the court, etc.

I don’t think there’s any problem with bringing up old stuff, but unless we have more than word against word, it should be ignored. People with that much authority and it is a kind of moral authority should be screened and called to account for past actions. If he raped her, he didn’t just commit a moral fuckup then. He continued it by never admitting it and never making amends, etc. But that if is very important

This is the same guy who worked for Ken Starr to get Clinton impeached for lying about a blowjob.

Yeah, they should have gotten Clinton for the Glass Speagal act approval, for gutting social services for opening up National land commons to parasitical corporations and for changing sentencing as part of the drug wars which led to unbelievable migrations of poor people into the corrections systems. Consensual sex should be as boring to Americans as it is to Europeans.

lol

I’d align with the OP in that it would make her the moral equivalent of a rapist. I’m for laws that make it so anyway. There’s nothing easier these days than ruining a mans life with a lie that plays to the malcontent of the self-ignorant masses.

If Ford is lying, she is damn good at it.

Oh, the fake news or (M)MSM as it is called is also in the democrats pockets…duh. There are many democrat holdovers working in the CIA and FBI who are corrupting its nature to be fair and seek justice.

Yes, all employees of consenting age should give oral sex at work, hey, it’s what the boss likes his/her employees to do while on the clock.

You just point out where I said people should give oral sex - which would mean a lack of consent. Make up some stuff, if you need to. I don’t think whatever the current candidate for SC is, Trump’s candidate, should be stopped just on word against word. But you keep reacting in a knee jerk way to whatever you think benefits your team. That makes for a great debate and discussion. Whack a mole as thinking.

Let’s see you have the guts to join Unwrong’s thread on rape. Will you seemingly support feminism by questioning some of Unwrong’s ideas or will you go along with a man who blames rapes on women, period. Like, the men had no option but to rape her. Is it possible for you to actually respond in some way that isn’t just a party line, have some nuance?

They consented…but my point was that they were performing consensual oral sex at work which was my problem with Bill Clinton getting his blow jobs in the oval office while he was supposed to be acting as president, not some boyish horndog. Work places are for work, not consensual sex.

@Karpel

If you’re caught falsely accusing someone of a crime in court, you should receive whatever penalty they would’ve received had they been convicted, if they would’ve received 10-15 years for rape, that’s what you should receive.
If you’re caught falsely accusing someone of a crime on social media, your life should be socioeconomically destroyed, just like you tried to socioeconomically destroy theirs.

I think people should have the right to bring up whatever they want to bring up.
However, whether it’s wroth publicly addressing, depends on who, what, where and so on.
And how certain, you are, and how much evidence, you have.

If you’re certain someone raped you a few days, weeks or months ago, and you have some evidence, I think it’s worth bringing it up.

However, if you’re uncertain someone sexually harassed you a few decades ago when you were both drunken teenagers at a party during a sex game, and you have no evidence, than it’s a complete waste of time, not to mention unnecessarily damaging to the accused and their family, and you’re an asshole for even bringing it up.
And I mean girls whip out their tits in public all the time, so who really cares?

Ford has absolutely no evidence whatsoever, but I guess at least she’s accusing him of a serious crime and claims to be certain it was him, but the second accuser can’t even give us that.
She’s an idiot.

And as for the third accuser, not only does she not have any evidence either, but worse, what she’s accusing Kavanaugh and co of, him and his buddies throwing dozens of parties where they conspired to drug and gang rape dozens of girls, is incredibly unlikely to have occurred, because surely some of those girls would’ve came forward then and/or dozens by now.
It’s absurd, and it goes to show you how ready, willing and able many women are to make shit up and join the rape bandwagon, receive their 5 seconds of fame and feel like they’re part of history, because there’s rarely any consequences for such abhorrent behavior.
The third accuser should be publicly shamed for making such outrageous, damaging and in all likelihood false accusations up, to discourage others from following suit.

This’s why dozens of women making accusations, one after the other, doesn’t necessarily make the accused any less credible, because in our society, while there are occasionally consequences for making allegations, like death threats, more often than not there aren’t any, and there’s far more incentives, all the attention, sympathy and money we unthinkingly shower upon unconfirmed victims, and increasingly women are taking note there’ll be few if any consequences and many incentives, so all the more reason we need to judge each allegation on a case by case basis in light of evidence.

I mean who really suffers at the end of the day in all this, regardless if it’s never proven or even if they’re exonerated in court?
It’s the accused who’s lives are ruined over these things, never the accuser.

And unless someone has been given a fair trial (and even then), there are no facts.
While people are entitled to have an opinion about whether x person did x thing, unless they were there, or there’s been a public confession, if they claim they know for a fact x person committed x crime, they’re an idiot.
And perhaps someone shouldn’t be able to lose important things, like their job, over pure speculation.

I would go further, in some cases they should be publicly shamed for even bringing it up.

Depends on what it is, if it can be proven they committed rape, and they’re running for high office, of course they shouldn’t get in, but if it’s a few cases of sexual harassment at parties decades ago, we should overlook them, because we can’t expect people to be perfect, everyone on earth has some dirt on them.
If you’re looking for someone absolutely scrupulous to be a politician, you’re gonna be looking for a real, real…real long time.

Laughs most politicians are scumbags anyway, I mean what are we even talking about here?
Rape is the least of their crimes, try smuggling billions of dollars worth of drugs, or child sex slavery, or war crimes, and on and on, stealing billions of dollars in tax, covering up corporate crimes that’ve cost us billions, or annihilated entire ecosystems.
That is in part why this whole thing is kind of ridiculous, I mean we’re talking about a rape here no one can prove, when there’re much, much…much bigger fish to fry.

This’s a distraction from real issues, but then the very fabric of our society is held together by distraction, it’s the secret ingredient that makes it all work, the real glue that holds this ball of shit together.
We know if people started taking a good, hard look at what’s going on by the millions, blood would be running in the streets.
And of course politicians know this too, they know it all too well, they’ve been exploiting it for millennia.
You win the masses over with bread in circuses, not with logic and facts, you win by flinging as much feces at your opponent as humanly possible.

And now I fear we’re hitting a new low here.
Instead of proving who’s policies are better for the country, they’re going be competing over who can make the most baseless (rape) allegations up.
It’s absolutely atrocious, the state of politics today, a complete farce.
Instead of having a polite, half respectful, civilized, dignified, half openminded and rational debate/discussion on the issues, politicians are rape bombing each other.
I mean that’s it, surely we’re fucked now.

And you think they even give a fuck about rape?
They don’t, dozens of democrats, including his high-ness Bill ‘I smoked but I did not inhale, we had sex but I did not cum’ Clinton has been accused of rape by dozens of women, which of course he denied, like he has denied everything he has been accused and later admitted to after evidence had been found.

No this is about politics, it’s always, always…always about politics, because politics is business, and business is money, and money is power.
They don’t give a fuck about women’s rights, or rape.
This is about distracting us, and winning at all costs, determining which party gets to economically and socially sodomize us all for the next 4 years.

Like you’ve said in many others posts you’ve made, on the surface this is about human rights, or men’s vs women’s rights, tribal allegiances, blacks vs whites, Christians vs Muslims and so on, meanwhile the lower classes are getting shafted no matter who’s in charge.
White male privilege my ass, the only real privilege that exists, is the people born into the overclass.
Divide and conquer, this’s a 4000 year old play book they’re following, the only thing new is the war is also being waged online, on social media.

Nothing all that new about accusing the opposition of sex crimes either, I mean Rome transitioned from a monarchy to a republic on the basis of a single sex allegation, or at least that is what we’re told to believe, the rape of the noblewoman Luctretia by a Roman king, perhaps that too was a false allegation, perhaps the noblemen knew it was and were conspiring, concocting a false rape flag, as a pretext in order to justify empowering themselves and establishing a representative timocracy and removing the king.

We will keep repeating history until we get it right…but we won’t, while humanity can at times make some improvements, more often than not we take 3 steps backwards to take 1 step forwards.
Progress isn’t guaranteed, if anything stagnation or regression is.

And I mean what happened to the democrats, what happened to: it’s the economy, stupid?
Now they’re more puritanically concerned with our sex lives than the republicans ever were, just in different ways