British Columbian Independence

Yeah. Nothing in those quotes says anything about rounding up people and deporting them. Which is what you are proposing : “And if they refuse, they could be rounded up and deported.”

They didn’t have many non-white immigrants, so they didn’t need to deport any, but if they did, they probably would have, as Canada, and BC were demonstrably founded on preserving and protecting whiteness.

I have a lot of family in BC and love it there. I really do like the idea of smaller countries. You get more accountability - degrees of separation go down - and policies can be tailor-fit, at least to a greater degree than in larger countries. Different regions need different policies, guidelines, ways of doing things dependent on geography, local culture, the stronger industries and more. It is amazing that when any region or nation wants to pull out of a larger conglomeration of nations or a specific large nation, this is seen as ONLY about race nor nationalism. But what is at the very least also happening is a choice between a large nation and a smaller nation. Not nationalism vs. its absence. The further the people in power are from their constituents, the greater their distance from feedback. Their kids will never be in the same schools as the people they are affecting, as one example of how one can be interconnected, but where the chances go down the larger the national unit. A connected problem is that that distance is more easily exploited by corporations: via lobbying, campaign contributions, revolving door hiring with government and the destruction of oversight through this last process.

This is never made an issue in mainstream media as far as I can tell. That there might be, for example, democratic concerns about being part of huge conglomerate nations, and valid concerns. This is especially ironic in the US where you have a nation founded on splitting off from a VERY VERY CLOSE CULTURE in England, because the region that wanted to secede felt that it was not being treated fairly and wanted control of its own rule. And yet such concerns are never considered or considered a valid part of say, Brexit.

Despite having Canadian relatives who have been incredible at procreating, I know the situation less well in Canada. I do know Canada never had this clear severing from Britain, though they are not the kind of controlled colony they once were.

We have little trouble understanding why a Soviet block country wanted to return to its original nation. And sure, I am not arguing that being in the USSR was the same as, say, BC experiences being part of Canada. But many of the problems are similar, if less severe, sometimes by orders of magnitude.

We are fairly tribal as humans. And I do not necessarily connect this to race, but the greater the distance from others, the easier for them to be considered statistical entities, the less concern we have and this is also true for leaders, elected or not.

And this need have nothing to do with being better or hating anyone. BC could have very good reasons for seceding and having a smaller, step closer to more direct democracy, nation, without it entailing that it hates Albertians, who may also benefit from being a smaller in some ways similar nation.

This is so taboo in so many contexts that one is immediately considered hateful for even suggesting the idea. I don’t share the OP’s urge to hit some kind of ethnic levels. I think it is far better to just move forward from where you are. In the context of the thread, I am guessing that this will get the primary focus from the people on the left of center and even some on the right. To me this ends up baby and bathwater.

Why is it that the left cannot even consider moves that actually allow for more accountability and direct influence by groups on their own lives?

Why is, in a different context, THE EU, not considered a nation, and that wanting it to grow and absorb other nations - and get them to align with NATO, The World Bank, anti-russian policies, for example, the kinds of rapacious ‘free’ trade capitalism that does not allow citizens in their own country to democratically influence a wide range of policies including banking, land use, social services, restrictions on the power of corporations and more? That’s a nation with a specfic, albeit rule based rather than custom based, culture? But it is a culture that the left has been and still is critical of…

and yet, Brexit is necessarily evil, there is nothing possibly beneficial in it and large nations are not nations so it is not nationalism to want more and more of the world to be absorbed in this nation.

And this is me with my roots in the left looking at an in certain areas utterly brain dead left reaction.

It seems like everyone tries to find out these days - what does my team think about this? - and then vote with the team. This benefits the people with real power, who love the left and right snapping at each other and being smug and basically allowing those with power to keep consolidating power in fewer and fewer hands.

Why not allow the tools of analysis around power from both the right and the left, and use BOTH SETS OF TOOLS to look at what power is doing?

@Karpel

Born, raised and been here most of my life, for better/worse.

Same here.
I think there’s too much globalization, materialism, sociopolitical and economic codependence and squandering of precious resources, I’d like to see more re-localization, moderation, independence and conservation of resources.
Nations, especially Australia, Canada, the US, Brazil, the EU, Russia, China and India are far too big, and there’s too much interaction between them, I’d like to see more isolationism.
Bigger and more isn’t necessarily better or merrier.
We are much too dependent on technology and one another, when we lose (some of) it, and we will, we’ll be helpless.
We’ve grown too sophisticated, too fast for our own good.

Excellent point, government, and business have grown too big and so too distant and detached from what they intend to govern and manage.

The powers that be know localization is not necessarily about race, ethnicity or even culture, they just don’t care, they have an ideology they think works for them, most of all financially, and they’re sticking to their guns.
They have their hearts set on a corporatist, globalist, transhumanist order, and they will stop at nothing, absolutely nothing until its realization.
They will smear and slander as much as they can possibly get away with, they will continue to lie, cheat, bribe and extort like they’ve always done.
Assassinate, if need be, there’s no lengths they won’t go to, so long as they think they can get away with it…perhaps even if they suspect they can’t, if they get sufficiently desperate.

Excellent points.

Mainstream progressives and conservatives are largely united on the issue of globalism, as with almost every issue, because we don’t have much of a democracy, or freedom of choice.

We’re still a British monarchy in addition to being a corporatocracy.
If BC is to do away with both Britain and Canada, we shall have to call ourselves something else other than ‘British’ Columbia, perhaps North Columbia, or something else altogether.
There’s also an idea called Cascadia, where BC, Washington state and Oregon secede from Canada and the US respectively and form a tripartite nation state.

Right, this is only because Russia has its own globalist ambitions, if it was fundamentally on board with ours, the west would be helping it to maintain its integrity instead of undermining it.
The west undermines the integrity of all the nations that aren’t fundamentally on board with the agenda, regardless of how peaceful and prosperous they are.

I connect it with race, ethnicity, culture and nation, in addition to proximity.

I am all for more direct democracy, as well as the socialization, syndication, shrinking or expulsion of big business.

Preferring your tribe over another necessarily has as much to do with fear and hate, as preferring your family over another necessarily has to do with fear and hate.
Japan, China, India, Poland, well most of the world excluding the far west prefer themselves and people most like them, yet they don’t fear and hate others.
Canada and the US prior to the 60s had an immigration policy designed to keep them majority white, and yet they still took issue with the Third Reich, sufficiently to go to war with it.

While I’m not altogether opposed to it, diversity isn’t necessarily a strength, it can foster conflict, confusion, incohesion and incompatibility.
Furthermore It costs a ton of time, energy and resources to bring them over here, leading to the overpopulation, densification and overdevelopment of our nations.
I don’t care if our GDP growth slows or ceases to grow as a result, in fact I want it to recede, because it’s good for our health and the health of our/the environment.
Our GDP has grown for the last several decades consistently, and yet the middle class has shrunk anyway.
The policies in place and the directions we’re heading in by and large just benefit the elite.
There’s more to life than mere GDP growth, I want to conserve my tribe, our health and nature, as well as promote greater efficacy and efficiency in government.

For me, greener and more local politics fits with more racial, ethnic and cultural homogeneity rather well.

Well aside from the race thing, you and I are in agreement about preferring more grassroots politics.

It’s because the left, like the right, is controlled by the elite, as I’m sure you really know.

Excellent points.

Right, the left and the right are just a show they put on, to distract us from empowering and emancipating ourselves, from genuinely changing course.
There are good ideas on, the fringes of both the left and right, not in the center, when it comes to peoples empowerment and emancipation, as well as the environments preservation and protection, and ultimately we need to strike some sort of balance between any polarity.
I don’t regard myself as left or right, I regard myself as a fringe thinker.
I think less in terms of left and right and more in terms of what’s ultimately good for people, and our/the environment.

Yes, great idea. Breaking up the most lovely country on the planet. What could go wrong.

Race/ethnicity appears to be a major concern of the OP. One has to question where it goes and where it ends. It’s best to get it out in the open now in order to avoid future surprises.

It begins and ends at a partial racial and religious separatism.
This has nothing to do with supremacism, or oppressing anyone.
Regarding race and religion, I only want us to make two policy changes.
The first would restrict immigration to non-Muslim Whites only until we approach the percentage we’re looking for (75-80% white majority) before eliminating immigration altogether.
The second would deport long term unemployed Muslim and non-White immigrants back to their country of origin (not Muslims and non-Whites who were born here, they needn’t fret).
I am an atheist, and I don’t have a problem with non-Christians, only with Islam, because of its inherent political, ethnic and racial ambitions.

What does “A partial racial and religious separatism” mean in practice?

Non-whites would have fewer rights and protections. That has to be the case if you deport non-whites simply because they are non-white. Right?

The BC deathrate is much greater than the birthrate. Without immigration, the population will shrink.

That seems to include unemployed Muslim and non-white BC citizens. Are you specifically protecting citizens from deportation?

I suppose I am taking Gloominary as just one guy mulling, rather than the start of a new movement. Of course probing what he means in practice and seeing if there is more around the bend is a good idea. But I wanted to respond to what generally gets ignored in secession type movements.

Yes. Those were valid points in general. But a lot of them don’t apply in Canada because the provincial governments have a great deal of power over local affairs.

thecanadianencyclopedia.ca/ … -of-powers

@Phyllo

Nothing more than what we’ve already discussed, just closing the borders to non-Whites and Muslims.

Long term unemployed non-White and Muslim immigrants could be deported, other than that, non-White and Muslim immigrants should have as many rights and protections as Whites and non-Muslims.
This’s just about restoring a white majority and protecting all of us from Islamic terror, which’s what the founders of Canada and BC wanted, not about oppressing anyone.
I don’t consider all racial and religious discrimination to be a form of oppression, it depends on the severity of the discrimination, and I don’t consider asking someone to go back to their country of origin because they refuse to contribute, a form of oppression.

I don’t see this as a problem, in fact it’s a solution to overpopulation.
Birthrates vary throughout history, I don’t foresee the current birthrate continuing into the distant future, and if it does, measures can be taken to correct it, but for now it doesn’t need to be.
I want to preserve and protect BC’s wildlife, and resources for a thousand generations to come, the current administration wants to ensure its wholesale exploitation and destruction by mega-corporations.

Non-White and Muslims citizens born here would be protected from being deported, non-White and Muslim citizens not born here would not be protected from being deported.
Other than that, both non-White and Muslim citizens born here and not born here would have all the protections Whites and non-Muslims have.

For anyone interested in learning more about this subject, check out these links:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cascadia_(independence_movement)

https://ipolitics.ca/2017/03/24/why-i-think-british-columbia-should-quit-canada-rafe-mair/

That’s the thing that bothers me … that you’re prepared to remove some rights from some citizens based on race and religion. It’s extremely dangerous for everyone. It’s the thin edge of the wedge and nothing good can come from it.

That may make the democratic aspects less pressing, but still present. I think even BC is too large for responsible democracy. Interestingly the Vancouver Island party wants to leave BC but become its own province. Some first nations, that is, native canadian groups want more indepedence and to be sovreign. And there are regional secessionist movements, such as BC and Yukon leaving as one new nation.

A few moths ago there was a suggestion in the news that Toronto(the largest city in Canada and capital of the province of Ontario) should separate.

Talk of separation is so common, it could be considered a national hobby. :laughing:

(I sympathize the most with the Aboriginals but I doubt that separation would be good solution to their problems.)

Fair enough, I understand and sympathize with your concerns, I want to minimize racial and religious discrimination against citizens, but achieving a robust white majority free from terror is also paramount to me.

If BC is to stay with Canada, I’d like to see Quebec secede, all they do is complain about English Canada anyway.

Go break up Irak or something asholes.
Id punch you i your fat face if you were standing here destroying what is left of our culture.
Just let Canada elect a better president before you start ruining the west some more.

Canada consists of states feeling very chauvinistic, Montreal metros had a perpetual live secession vote displayed in enormous letters, it was somewhere under 40/60.
The threat of secession is very useful, like the second amendment. A don’t fuck with me clause. But God forbid BC or Quebec would forfeit claim to the Bay of Hudson, by far the greatest naval stronghold of the planet - Canada is more than just a chill country to live in, it is pretty much a Viking stronghold. A loose confederacy of proud tribes. Don’t lose that. Canada first.

I think Quebec secession would be good. Though as much as they have seemed to hate being in Canada, those Quebecois that do, they always treated me, my friend my obviously not French Canadian relatives, extremely well. I found the people in Quebec really helpful, generous, and when I tried my terrible French utterly non-judgmental. I like Canadians in general, if we are going to lump huge groups and evaluate them against other national groups, but I felt more welcome in Quebec cities that I have in most US cities, most non-quebec cities in Canada, and certainly more than in Germany, England, Scandanavia - though this region has treated me above the average also- and a bunch of other countries. Mexico is the only place where most people treated me even better. The always threat of violence, while never aimed at me personall, would lower their grade. I like when people can separate their politics and ethnic or other identification and deal with me and and others as individuals.