Fate of Empires

Glubb doesn’t appear to be fully red-pilled on race and such, but it is an interesting read nonetheless

people.uncw.edu/kozloffm/glubb.pdf

The similarities between groups in decline throughout the entirety of history are remarkable: an influx of foreigners (especially in urban areas), obsession with hedonistic escapes and frivolities, women gaining power, defensiveness and pacifism, increased sympathy for the out-group, equality, increase in sexual immorality, materialism and political corruption and even details like pop singers with lutes seducing the young in the same way pop/rock singers with guitars do it in modern times. Of course, all of it soon followed by the crumbling of the social order and its replacement.

This makes it all the more funny when leftists speak of progress, as if what is going on now is something new and positive, when the same things already occurred in history, multiple times, and are demonstrably negative, as they represent the downfall of every group they happened to.

As if the leftists were the only ones speaking about progress or responsible for materialism, obsession with hedonistic escapes and frivolities, increases in sexual immorality, and influxes of foreigners. Or that the last bunch of neo-con wars were in some way not decadent transfers of wealth to people who did not need it at the expense of American soldiers and a lot of people who were not particularly threats to us.

And the right and the left are both in love with technological decadence and all its attendant narcissism, laziness, social disconnect, materialism and primarily distraction.

I know it’s tough to use the word corporations, because once you mention that it’s hard to just blame the left, but much of what you are complaining about comes out of the domination of corporate values in society and these have been mightily protected and advocated for by the right. Welcome to the future where corporations dive into the minds of children and are free to make society in the image the corporations want.

And do you really want to argue that in the US oligarchy the right had nothing to do with making things the way they are?

Cause man, you don’t know where the power lies, and it ain’t right and it ain’t left, it’s corporate/banking/intelligence, you know those organizations the right has so much trouble complaining about for some reason. Suck on that red pill.

Of course a part of the interesting right does get that. And a part of the interesting left gets things much of the left does not.

Maybe the social order ought to crumble and ought to be replaced.

Empires are not some sort of perfect utopian organizations - they are nasty in many ways and for many people.

Destruction of empires can be seen as progress.

Negative for some but not negative for all.

Nice title…

Many factors would have to be just so, for the decline of a nation not to occur… how long have you got?
:angry-tappingfoot:

:laughing:

Consider that for women like Maxime Waters it is progress.
When we do no longer have the “cruelty” to flush turds, yeah turds start to dominate our house.

Golden ones? :-k

Society is too taken up with it’s own affairs, to even care about getting any empires’ affairs in order… but they do have a natter about it over a pint or a cocktail.

Karpel Tunnel yeah that’s pretty much all leftists. The further you go to the right the less any of these problems are present. That “neo-cons” are who you think of when you mention the right only shows how corrupted the entire political spectrum has become, and how much the overton window has shifted to the left.

The only thing resembling an actual “right” currently is the Alt-Right.

For me, this is an overly-simplistic, limited and binary way of looking at things.
Progress is finding the right balance of all things, at the right time/place for the right person/people.
However, if we don’t stray from the path we’re on, civilization, or humanity itself will probably not survive.
We are far too materialistic, plutocratic and technocratic for our own good.

phyllo

Who said anything about being utopian?

And of course nothing can be positive or negative for ALL when life is a competition for resources. Clearly I’m not making the argument that it is bad for the enemies of some empire that the empire becomes weak and degenerate.

For them it’s an opportunity. A weakness to pounce on and exploit, like a shark smelling blood.

Which is why you don’t want your group/empire to become weak. And you want to weaken your enemies.

What is?

And besides, some things are simplistic and binary.

It has nothing to do with enemies. There are people within the empire who are held back by it. A disintegration of the empire is their opportunity to take control and advance themselves. They can get more and get it faster than if they worked within the system. And why shouldn’t they?

Let the empire be destroyed and a new one built.

phyllo

Enemies can be internal too - traitors. What’s your point? I never claimed there is a social system which works for everybody.

But there are systems which are more and less powerful. One of the fundamental conflicts will be between productive people and parasites, productive people will favor rules which inhibit parasitism, parasites will favor rules which enable parasitism. Productive people make systems strong, parasites make them weak. So, those who want a strong system must suppress parasitism.

The realization that there will, most likely, never come a time where a system will be built to cater to all is what reality is, this is why boundaries and disciplines are set. We are dealing with degrees here, always. Lines are drawn to protect what is held dear to us and for our own preservation given the nature of the world. In modern times, they are attempting to create that so called utopia, or come close to it…but it comes with a cost of your identity and lower living standards, plus you are not allowed to think or act outside of the social narrative.

Progress for them is a self destructive process, an all inclusive consuming process into a uniformity of meaninglessness, where meaning itself becomes centered around the consumption.

Hatred for the self climbs high screaming towards the sky, over the hill surely there must be something greater?, with such self hatred, anything and everything which gets in MUST be better and embraced and learned from is how they think, cultural virtual signaling becomes a desperate plea, begging for transformation stemming from a lost connection from one’s pride, blood and earth. European females giving birth to a new world, then let us see how far the wonderful splendor and delights of this new life brings, patiently i wait, i laugh in the light, by the night i observe… still, my ship sails within the winds of this turmoil, even if i stand alone in this affair.