capital market

A tread for identifying good investments, and general talk about he stock market.
This afternoon I am looking at marijuana stocks. pretty hard to get a handle on this.
Here’s a link with a big list of existing companies.
marijuanastockstowatch.com
[tab]

[/tab]
Funny developments around Elon Musk and Tesla, his emotional interview about lack of social life and reliance of Ambien for sleep drove the price down some 20 percent. Its the most shorted stock around so a lot of people made money from that drop. Probably Musk or someone he likes had a big short position on his own company. Why else would he go to the NYT to speak of drug dependencies? Or maybe he was just fucking with the shareholders who probably annoy him.

The crypto market is dead, it seems, since this winter.
Im not familiar enough with the war industry to pick good weapon stocks.
It seems a lot of money is still to be made with retail companies that havent complete an online platform yet.

other venues Id like to discuss:

Natural resources
Forex
Sound cancer treatment methods that are finally appearing in the mainstream, such as fresh blood therapy and armed nanobots.
Any Chinese companies that come out well during this trade war thing
Industries aimed at securing nuclear energy, with seems to be the future, given “clean energy” is dirtier than browncoal…

Just scraping the surface here, ultimately I hope to get this to be a thread that makes some people some money.

top losers
finviz.com/screener.ashx?v=340&s=ta_toplosers

eoddata.com/stocklist/OTCBB.htm

(for end of day & historical stock data)

Money is evil.

for example
finance.yahoo.com/quote/CCJ/
the largest Uranium salesman on the market is in a clear bottom range

NOC
LMT
RTN

Those are the warmonger stocks. American weapons companies. When the world needs to be set ablaze, these are the shareholders who get paid.

Awesome, thanks.

finance.yahoo.com/news/trump-ri … 11336.html

He’s a genius this kid.

Ending the quarterlies will reduce stress on companies by a factor far greater than any tax relief. Capital can move much more freely and larger investment and restructuring can be made viable. The power of statistics will decrease quite a bit in favour of the power of serious forethought. Quarterlies are also a crutch for bad CEOs, an excuse to hand the responsibility to the accountants and senselessly take gains and cut losses by a metric that simply isnt respectful to the 60 trillion dollars in play. To cut the burden of administration by half is a wise idea. A bigger pond of time space for fish that have grown really massive.

Also they cause stupid turbulence in the market. it’s just not healthy for the company to live under this short of an anticipation span.

A longer period of time to account for itself gives the company greater freedom to focus resources on industry that would otherwise be spent self-profiling. Its like a philosopher meeting fewer people along his walk, more depth and more significant encounters. Meaning that the springs and earnings will have a freer relation to each other and less to the government and the neurotic investor.

Eliminating quarterly reporting will make it harder for individual investors like yourself to know what’s going on with a company’s financials. So it takes information away from you to your detriment. Volatility is the trader’s friend. No one ever got rich buying and holding shares of blue chip companies. If you’ve got wealth, then sure that’s a great place to store it. But if you want to generate some, then you need ups and downs so that you can trade and have a chance to profit on a shorter term.

It will mostly take away some of the volatility that is useful to insiders Id say, the market will always be full of rapid developments.

By the way look at this Facebook chart and tell me what it is going to do.

Facebook’s stock is climbing when millions of its user base have quit using it? Many Western young people have lost interest in it since their parent’s overtook it.

A drop in the bucket.

FB is adapting to a higher standard, becoming less trashy, after having hit rock bottom. Not by any virtue of Zuck, just good reporting and popular pressure. The Cambridge Analytics scandal has ruined Cambridge Analytics but it has been a edifying slap for Facebook.

Still, the stock is hovering precariously above a very consistent trend line, which is likely just some logarithmic of the Dow.

One thing that I always find interesting is that people tend to think that the stock market rising as a whole is inherently good and therefore an indicator of a “good” economy.

But think about it this way…

If I can get a share of a stock that pays a 1 dollar dividend and the shares are 50 bucks, then I can get a 2 percent return on dividends alone for as long as I hold it. But if it goes to 100, and I’m being a responsible investor and buying set dollar amounts in routine intervals, then my return, at least the guaranteed part is cut to 1 percent.

Higher stock prices mean that it’s more expensive to retire, and tend to correlate with weaker currency. Fuck tje cost of a gallon of gas going up a few cents, or the price of a loaf of bread. When the blue chips and tje dividend aristocrats are up, it’s harder for people to accumulate shares and retire.

How big can the weed market get?
A few trillion maybe. As it will replace most of big Pharma over next decenniums.

But what is the percentage now of how big it will get?

Which are good weed stocks?
NYSE listed are Cronos, Aurora, Canopy, Tilray, all up.

The power of statistical predictions makes life unfair to those that don’t use them.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6pRpZh50Dg[/youtube]

Tesla why is it dropping all the time, its sales are many times higher than in 2014 and the stock price has sunk back to 2014 levels… seems like a perfect time to get in… with the Chinese gigafactory upcoming maybe opening this year, and basically no competition yet from other companies and a whole 1st world which wants to go electric…

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fz3pQFbwjaw[/youtube]

BEWARE: Bad Arguments (+1 good one) of Tesla (TSLA) Stock Bulls

SAVE

Spicer Capital - Invest Smarter
Published on Jun 1, 2019
SUBSCRIBE 8.8K
There are plenty of good reasons to invest in Tesla (TSLA) stock and be a Tesla Bull! But don’t let your stock investments be influenced by faulty logic. I’ll walk you through the 3 most common “flawed logic” arguments made by Tesla Bulls (+ 1 of the best bull arguments I heard).

To continue learning from a Practicing Professional, don’t forget to subscribe and click the bell!
SUBSCRIBE: SpicerCapital.com/YouTube

Don’t miss the amazing content we’re creating for you over on Instagram as well. See for yourself:
Instagram.com/spicercapital/

I put together this Guide to the Best Books about Investing:
SpicerCapital.com/Books

Discover
1:13 - Disclosures
1:32 - My TSLA Strategy
3:20 - My Favorite Bull Critique
5:48 - The Main Point of my Last Video
6:25 - Flawed Logic 1
8:28 - Flawed Logic 2
10:33 - Flawed Logic 3
11:30 - Summary

Links     

0:03 - Wong About Tesla (TSLA) - youtu.be/RZ3y4o9Yrdw
6:25 - Mistake Everyone Is Making Video - youtu.be/XMUHEj-5rHU

------------ Other Resources ------------
INSIDER - Want inside access? Learn more here: SpicerCapital.com/INSIDER

BOOK - Get your copy of “Stop Investing Like They Tell You.” In a bookstore near you or find it on Amazon SpicerCapital.com/Book

AUDIOBOOK - Until my publisher makes me take it down… download the audiobook version of my book for FREE at SpicerCapital.com/SILTTY

ABOUT - Learn more about me (Stephen Spicer) and Spicer Capital: SpicerCapital.com/About

Sources:
Simply Wall St - SpicerCapital.com/SWS (affiliate)
Uncle Stock - SpicerCapital.com/UncleStock (affiliate)

Warranties & Disclaimer
Spicer Capital, LLC is a Registered Investment Advisor. This channel and information are provided for guidance and information purposes only. Investments involve risk and unless otherwise stated, are not guaranteed. Be sure to first consult with a qualified financial advisor and/or tax professional before implementing any strategy. This channel and information are not intended to provide investment, tax, or legal advice.
Please see my full disclosures at: SpicerCapital.com/Disclosure