2 months--no drugs or alcohol

But I am not a recovering addict.

I guess it’s like level 2 shit after initiation.

So Ill answer: play Mega Man.

I play life

I guess thats the answer to your question then.

If you don’t alter it, you play life.

Seriously though I tried to answer your question but remember its only weed that has a grip on me, no other drugs ever interested me enough. So I just may not know what the fuck you’re up against.

In my opinion weed is bad enough for an addict that suffers from the disease.

Because it is not so much the specific chemical as what you use the fact of consciousness altering for.

So in my rehab they would say: quitting drugs is easy, you already did it.

Another thing they would often say was a promise that eventually hit home for me: we don’t quit drugs to live an ok life. We quit drugs to live an extremely good life.

My own life is better now than it has ever been. Drugs are not some shadow that hangs over me. They are something I am grateful for for having made me and I stay the fuck away from to protect this glorious shit I now have.

They even promised that my life would be better than even supposed normal people, which I thought was a scam so obvious it was dishonorable.

And lo and behold, my life is better than non recovering addicts by some distance.

The only thing that would make my life better, and every recovering addict who has done it confirms that it is harder than quitting heroin, is quitting cigarettes.

Thats some really good news - and also corresponds to my statement that, with some exceptions, it appears that one must have tested ones chemical integrity to be an all round stable psyche.

Im lucky I never could smoke more than one without getting nauseous. I tried to get addicted when I was 18. Always found the first cigarette very pleasant. But to me a drug harder than most. It goes to the head so directly and violently, I think I would get migraines if I smoked half a pack.

Hats off to you for ^this^ sir, for this ingenious piece of thinking. :handgestures-salute:

Took a lot of hard work and pain.

But then, compared to the prospect of what my life would have been without treatment, it was a breeze.

That’s why we always take a minute of silence at the beginning of AA meetings. To contemplate our luck and spare a thought for those of us still in the struggle or who just didn’t make it. It is as much in their honor as for our health that we do it.

Lol I actually don’t think you’re an addict. But just in case, your friend Pezer is always there if you need help.

Somehow I feel it could help also to read the Aeneid. It has something of Dantes crossing the inferno, you can already see how Rome had turned Greece dark -the Aeneid as an ode to Homer is botched, but as a portrait of a powerful soul with a great shadowy burden who does what has to do, and leave what he has to leave, it offers a large, wel built space between great arches on pillars- maybe the soul of Mithras.

Mithras a god whose initiation involved such things as pulling out all pubic hairs one by one, a kind of proto-Christianity for strange elites, many soldiers were getting initiated as well as that short lived emperor Julian who brought back for a short period the sacrifices to the old Gods.

Romans knew hard work and pain like no other people probably ever will. They hammered the world out of the ground.

Not my kind of sanctity. But I know what you mean, with the halos and stuff.

Testing one’s own pain. My father used to belong to a decidedly mithraic sect of the Catholic Church, the Opus Dei, whose adepts are encouraged to mortify the flesh and wear special dentured belts that make you uncomfortable all day or even make you bleed or itchy clothing and such things. Not as penance but, well you get it.

I did have some proclivity for it as a child, or no, rather admiration. A certain conquering Russian emperor had such proclivites.

Me? I have learned to have more respect for those who reap pain from the world than those who studiously inflict it themselves. The halo doesn’t impress me, and it really is just the idea of sanctity. The reality is that that Russian emperor was a maniach, the paintings of halos never actually pointed to anything other than the paintings of halos. S’why you need the mortification, to give it some realness, meanwhile it ends up that the mortification was the only real and the rest mania. Like a fever.

I started reading the Aenid once. I simply couldn’t deal with the dripping cornyness, so I stopped. Also don’t like Dante.

Romans knew all sorts of things. Aaaaall sorts of things.

Yes it corny. I read it with Latin, my teacher was trying to make it seem romantic but she needed a lot of mockery for that.
I didn’t know about the halos, but it makes sense from what Ive read about Julian.

He thought it was because it was righteous that Zeus should be revered.

Life is pain. mentioning pain in relation to something such as withdrawals, set right alongside of what society tells us, is one of those stupid things that we as humans do that become cliche, but we can’t really help ourselves from getting one good-natured bitch in. I think that many of us, having seen how many around us were whining and crying, and somewhat being blind to our whining and crying at times, each in our own way, those of us that mattered, found a way to take inspiration from others to not whine so much about certain things, yet can’t help but talk about it. It’s like, I knew better, I knew, but… -cry- …just a little bit, though.

Society doesn’t exist enough to tell anyone anything. S’just people.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1An3AkF_Sg[/youtube]

My friend thought this song was about they had killed someone.