What kind of clients is this!

They: How would you handle our clients?

They: Would you be able to deal with our clients?

They: We think you are too delicate to handle our clients, but you are perfect for the role in every other aspect of the requested requirements.

I: What kind of clients is this!

Should a client base be allowed to be an unruly mob that would inhibit one from doing their job, to the point that another is considered too delicate in comparison to fulfill a role.

Clients have money, companies want money, companies are not their employees.
And imbalance will happen. Welcome to capitalism.

The clients are inhouse/other (fellow) employees, so puzzlement is x a thousandfold.

On the other hand… they could have been right. :confusion-shrug: Observers looking in at the observed… under the scrutiny that an interview offers.

They probably are right or they wouldn’t waste time in the interview. But I am not clear on what the service/product is.

A client base is a like a medieval woman.

Money comes like cents and dollars
to all kinds of folks with different collars
follow its incentive
and fortune will replenish

or, vanish.

But yeah, stubborn people these client-types.

There has to be an appraisal to begin with , wether the client can meet expectations of success, by the appraiser or whomever, who is supposedly working under some guidelines, but flexible enough to relax them when there appears to be an impasse. (Between them).

Who brings in the most money and who has the most important connections?

What the value of the undertaking with each?

Have your firm despite your intentions built somewhat of a “reputation”?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rjeoqa57QDE[/youtube]

The creative industry, within any given sector… which in this instance was Finance.

Would one want to work with those that can’t somewhat micro-manage themselves, in order to be managed in turn, or are they simply rowdy and rough around the edges? hiring from a hungry but unsophisticated demographic, which I think to be the case, from what I picked up on during my short time there during the interviews.

It wasn’t a question of bringing in money or about connections, as that is already taken care of… the value of the undertaking with each not being a required criteria, and any reputation gained unknown.

…I imagined their inhouse clients to be somewhat like that… rowdy, as mentioned above.

First delicate, now aggressive… society needs to make up their mind. :-k

The workplace is not the place for aggression… it is not a Roman arena or a Mongolian plain, and private-lives should not be a constant antagonistic-battlefield by jealous parties or superiority-complexes - humans still remain in their infancy.

Time to climb the next tier up, of the sociotel amphitheatre of life, to escape the unworldly baying hordes. :frowning:

Whatever most efficiently and cost effectively leads to profit, that they will accept. Since most of ‘them’ are believers in the invisible hand of the free market and that humans are fundamentally selfish and in competition, it is not a surprise that they expect people, in interview, to tolerate stress, kiss ass, not complain, be grateful to have a job, and so on. I still don’t quite get the specific case here, but I will assume that the negative side of it is due to the philosophies and assumptions current since Reagan and Thatcher really nailed them down a few decades ago.

Think raucous in-house clients, copious amounts of after-work drinks, laddish vulgar banter from the work-hard/play-hard city-worker demographic.

The city turns into a den of iniquity at night, and I’ve never liked the city for that!

Putting my high-ability skills of the Microsoft Office suite of software to good use, by working from home… all I need to do is advertise the company’s services on the appropriate professional business websites… and we ain’t talking Craigslist here. :wink: