There isn't really a muse thread.

I am willing to meet anyone in the middle and stretch our circumference from there.

Who clicks on this ‘shit’?
The answer is yes and no, in no specific order.

Great day. Late, but a fond spring ritual has caused these loins to roam. A walk about/drive about in pursuit of a mushroom. And I am a mushroom finder. I scoff at no hunting signs. I find.

Much appreciation to whom ever and what ever, appreciates it.

four to the brow<

I am judgemental. Sorry 'bout that but It’s no sin.

A smidgen of understanding takes you places. Some not so bad. Some require getting use to. Some just plain hard to stomach. Life ain’t neat.

It’s “good” what ever the flavor. Still learning to appreciate eggplant. In the mean time there is plenty to savor.

Politics are sweet.

There are two practiced points of view along a continuum.

On one end is a philosophy of “All for one and one for all” and on the other end there is the thinking “Every man for himself.”

Which is more rational?

Our ability to determine what is of value would be different given where along the spectrum one falls.

As there is a breadth to the continuum there is breadth to what has value.

At the extreme end of “all for one and one for all” is the thinking that “all” is not just the human species but all life. At the extreme end of “every man for himself” is a disregard for any other life then self.

What about a sense of intrinsic value?

My personal philosophy sides near the extreme end of “all for one and one for all”. That is going to require I value things quite differently then an individual that subscribes to the idea of “every man for himself” where something is of value only if it has potential for exploitation for the individuals personal gain.

Fancy that. I have posted a thousand, and now I am a philosopher, ILP says so. Who am I to argue?

If I can exercise a choice I’d rather be a symbiote then a parasite.

But even the parasite is here for balance.

Symbiote would fall pretty deep into the “All for one and one for all” paradigm and a parasite does seem to fit fairly far into the “Every man for himself” end of the spectrum.

My sole reason for any sort of participation on this site is some sort of insight into why I engage is this valueless thought.

The person willing to kill another for the least amount will drive the value down for everyone else. Supply and demand. The going rate seems to have bottomed out at free.

May be?
But let’s look at it differently. The emergence of an awareness of is.

Not all humans experience it. Let’s face it we could all be witness to the same event and we’d all see it differently. Have we tried to classify it categorically. There is effort in process. So I don’t have a lot of time to wait on the process.

This is what I have managed to cull so far.

Responsibility? That has got to be some way big meta sort of question.What are we really actually responsible for?
The answer is individually very little. A unique idea, without an externally experienced trigger. What, ideas arise from a vacuum? Hardly.

A notion of freewill? What are we actually able to choose from? Big question. Not all that hammered down.
That unique quality of individual experience will drive me nuts. Despite all evidence to the contrary, why do you still believe; because of personal experience.

So given the ambiguity of the prior two statements that seem pretty universal we end up with all this variation. So frustrating.

But I am pretty sure I’m not responsible for anything that happened before, given any sort of notion of cause and effect, I was born.

What existed prior to me has precedent. I am responsible to exist with it. It is not mine to do with as I please.

So what do you think is yours? What are you individually responsible for?

Just in case you haven’t noticed.

We don’t own the world we belong to it.

You aren’t even a you you’re an us, but you just will yourself not to see it.

Them shades aren’t working for you: dimming your senses.

; )

(;?

Why do You engage? Why do I ? Of you will, I will read ALL of Your forum and tale it from there. OK with You? Later.

Dandy.

But why valueless when every shred of anything has some of it. O read it in entirety and there are parts which demark others. Bit have to rehash cause reading was only a surface beneath which.?.?

At any rate every book has a cover and yes we’ve spoken before albeit briefly.

For a start.

I question my sense of value. What is it to have value? What scale would accurately measure it?

What makes a species valuable and which don’t have value? 99% of the life on this planet has gone extinct, and it’s just replaced by something else. That sort of implies that life itself is more valuable then any species or what they think.

I’ve watched a rabbit nip off flower buds along a row. The rabbit doesn’t eat them, just chews off the flower buds. Oddly enough this makes the plant produce more flowers, and as a result more seed, giving it a better chance for survival. I can’t see how the rabbit benefits from this behavior. It doesn’t eat the plant or it’s seeds. Is it a learned behavior? If not, how the heck did it become instinctual?

How can something as transient and fleeting as a thought have value? The ideas is only 1% of the work. Clearly what has the value is all the work that goes into turning an idea into something more then just an idea. Thoughts aren’t much different. Sometimes they are impossible to hold on to. Slippery little buggers. In the middle of a sentence, poof, and they can be gone. And you are left with that dumb look on your face, as you realize you really did forget what you were thinking.

Perhaps 99% of natural processes are forgotten, in the myriads of time , leaving 1% , the learning curve having been broken by nature, leaving only 1% -by way of conversion into a genetic trait.

a soft reply.
come on dig in with your teeth. chew on that steak. add some steak sauce if you like.

what value?