Series and Shows

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ks8gh00DQo[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=de63CaxYnno[/youtube]

Seems like a decent show. Ill give that a try.
As far as non American shows go, Italian ones are the best. This one is not bad.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aq_0qJoUzvU[/youtube]

I very much dislike British shows, like Sherlock and Utopia and what not. Self consciously wannabe clever, utterly pointless, gutless, spineless pedantry.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJOO9I9kvwo[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLT3YUALJno[/youtube]
The Leftovers, an HBO series

Incorporated
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbbFJ6YNcL8[/youtube]

Fixed, you should watch Anthony Bourdain, Parts Unknown.

Critic’s rating?

not in any order

Breaking bad, though I lost some interest after a certain ‘bad’ guy died.
Game of Thrones
Walking Dead
Sopranos
The Wire
Top of the Lake
True Detective
Narcos - not as good as the others, but his character is so extreme and interesting, I put it in
The Handmaid’s Tale -only seen one season
Taboo - one season

I liked it. I’d give it 8/10. Unfortunately, the show was cancelled after 1st season.

Reverie. 7/10
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EEyzUyQjvE[/youtube]
What I like the most about this show is the idea itself, which is not only potentially realistic, but quite scary as well; specifically the part in which an implanted AI, acting as a surrogate subconscious of sorts, learns the individual’s reactions and adjusts accordingly, thereby, essentially, facilitating a psychosis (or derealization, as they call it in the series), so not only does one go into his dream world, but the dream world comes out into the real word, thus blurring the distinctions between the two.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDi3fki9IRM[/youtube]
The Good Place (I love this show! Joker even loves this show! OMG! All about philosophy too. :mrgreen: )

Currently keen on…

Gotham
Swat
Hollyoaks
Come Dine With Me
The Undateables
Buying and Selling
Lip Sync Battle
Jools Holland
The Jonathan Ross Show
Sunday Brunch
New Made in Chelsea: Croatia
Ninja Warrior UK

Most of these are weekly (sadly), and most of the remainder… half an hour. I don’t spend all day watching TV. :laughing:

Homeland is definitely my fav

I also like the wire

The Terror.
youtube.com/watch?v=l328p5sSEmc
I thought it was well-done. I liked the main actors in this series. It got me thinking: how do we go about imagining what it must have been like, in real life? (btw, Erebus was finally found in 2014, and Terror in 2016)

Currently on my radar:

Weekday year round airing
Hollyoaks
Seasonal airing
House of Saudi: A Family at War
Celebs Go dating
Celebrity Hunted
Zapped
Made In Chelsea
The Apprentice
The Graham Norton Show

Currently on my radar:

Weekday year round airing
Hollyoaks - annoyingly stupid storylines at times, but still riveting viewing. :open_mouth:
Seasonal airing
The Graham Norton Show - funny as always:Kevin Hart and Will Smith were hilarious on last night’s show. :laughing:
Gotham - the final series, in this current portrayal of the dark knight… why must it end! :frowning:
The Looming Tower - Powerful portrayal of the actual events leading up to September 11th 2001… addictive viewing… a well-written, well-acted, and clever script, so not your usual 9/11 portrayal :open_mouth:

I like the new season of True Detective a lot. Also keeping up with Billions, as a light entertainment.

The Trump Show MUST Go On!!!

The play’s entire script is taken verbatim from the messages as well as Strzok and Page’s answers to prolonged questioning in private congressional hearings. The show will also be filmed and released online.

DEAN CAIN TO PLAY FBI AGENT AND TRUMP NEMESIS PETER STRZOK IN PLAY

The performance is meant to expose “what was really going on in the FBI in the run-up to the investigation into the alleged Trump/Russia collusion as senior FBI agents became increasingly alarmed that Donald Trump might win the election,” according to a press release.

The play’s writer, conservative filmmaker Phelim McAleer, described the development as “a victory for artistic freedom and the truth, and a victory over the cowards who tried to stop the play.”

“It’s very heartening to see that at least one theater in D.C. doesn’t practice censorship because it can’t handle the truth,” McAleer told Fox News Tuesday. “The Reagan Amphitheater management is to be applauded.”

In a statement sent to Fox News last week, a Studio Theatre spokesman said the theater canceled its contract because “Media reports have made us aware of undisclosed details about the event.”

“Additionally, there have been open and violent threats made against the theater and event participants. Studio has an institutional responsibility to consider the safety of our staff, patrons, community, event organizers and attendees. These concerns must be paramount.”

The spokesman said “we have no further comment at this point,” when Fox News asked for details of the “violent threats.”

However, Swanson addressed the threats on “Fox & Friends” last week, saying, “There was a death threat last week on Twitter to lock the doors and burn down the theater.”

“That’s unfortunate. Nobody wants to see something like that.”

When asked what made her want to participate in the play Swanson said, “I think it’s a story that people need to hear.”

NEW STRZOK-PAGE TEXTS REVEAL OTHERS WERE ‘LEAKING LIKE MAD’ IN LEAD UP TO TRUMP-RUSSIA PROBE

Strzok was the senior FBI agent working for Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s team investigating Russian activities during the 2016 presidential campaign. He left the investigation in late July 2017 after the text messages between him and Page were discovered.

In June of last year, Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz published a report that revealed dozens of anti-Trump text messages between Strzok and Page.

Former FBI Lawyer Lisa Page and fired FBI Special Agent Peter Strzok exchanged anti-Trump text messages during their time at the bureau. (AP, File)

Horowitz, who at the time was investigating the bureau’s handling of the investigation into Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email server while secretary of state, found that some bureau officials “appeared to mix political opinion with discussions about the MYE investigation.” MYE refers to Midyear Exam, which was the FBI’s code word for the Clinton probe.

“I was shocked when I read the texts and their answers in private congressional hearings. Most people have no idea what the people behind the Russia investigation were saying when they thought no one was looking,” McAleer said. “People need to know about these texts and how the establishment tried to subvert democracy because they didn’t like who the public had chosen.”

Page briefly served on Mueller’s team before returning to the FBI’s Office of General Counsel in July 2017. After Strzok was removed from the investigation, he was reassigned to the FBI’s Human Resources Division.

In July 2016, Strzok opened the FBI’s initial Russia investigation, which was nicknamed “Crossfire Hurricane” inside the bureau.

Page resigned from the bureau in May of 2018, and Strzok eventually was fired in August 2018.

Many of McAleer’s projects have been controversial, including his play “Ferguson,” about the 2014 police shooting of 18-year-old Michael Brown in Ferguson, Miss. McAleer said he faced “similar censorship” when he put on that play in Los Angeles.

Fox Nation

This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. ©2019 FOX News Network, LLC. All rights reserved. All market data delayed 20 minutes.

Margaret Carlson: Trump Presidency Like ‘The Truman Show’
Posted By Ian Schwartz
On Date October 15, 2018

Bloomberg columnist Margaret Carlson said President Trump plays the “bottom line” president in his version of ‘The Truman Show.’ Carlson said Monday on MSNBC that nearly everything the president does is on camera and “if the camera light is not on, he’s not on.”

“Everything is the bottom line. He’s the bottom line president in ‘The Truman Show.’ Because if you have noticed, almost everything he does is on camera,” she said.

“He loves talking to the press,” Carlson told host Andrea Mitchell. “He’s now his own communications director. He’s giving the press conference almost every day. And it is ‘The Truman Show.’ What he does is almost everything he does is on camera. If the camera light is not on, he’s not on.”

MARGARET CARLSON, BLOOMBERG NEWS: Everything is the bottom line. He’s the bottom line president in ‘The Truman Show.’ Because if you have noticed, almost everything he does is on camera.

And I went and compared schedules of presidents and talked to a couple chiefs of staff. He has the lightest schedule as any president than ther president.

[inaudible]

He loves talking to the press. He’s now his own communications director. He’s giving the press conference almost every day. And it is ‘The Truman Show.’ What he does is almost everything he does is on camera. If the camera light is not on, he’s not on.

Trump on Kavanaugh: “We Would Not Have Won” If I Didn’t Make Christine Blasey Ford Remarks
CBS NEWS: President Trump tells 60 Minutes if he hadn’t made a speech in Mississippi in which he imitated Christine Blasey Ford, his Supreme Court pick, Brett Kavanaugh, would not have been confirmed. When pressed on his treatment of Ford, the president says, "I’m not gonna get into it because we…

Trump On Elizabeth Warren DNA Test: “Who Cares?” I Hope She Runs, “She’d Be Very Easy”
President Trump said Monday morning that he hoped Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) runs for president because “she’d be very easy” to beat. Trump was asked to react to a DNA test Warren performed that apparently shows she has some Native American heritage. Warren, who Trump has nicknamed…

Donald TrumpElizabeth Warren

Chris Cillizza: Trump Producing A Daily Reality Show And He’s Always The Star
CHRIS CILLIZZA, CNN: [President Donald Trump] loves celebrity. He is someone who came of age and was has been part of that New York City tabloid culture. This is a man – I always remind people, he was a man who created a fake person named John Barron. That was him. That called the gossip tabloid…

©2018 RealClearPolitics

The truman show, the trump show
Trailer:

youtu.be/kVhF2f5p-LU

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpYLRW2LPVs[/youtube]
Wayward Pines