weird hissing sound as Paranormal phenomenon

I sit in a chair in a Room. Hear a hissing sound. I turn my head and the hissing sound is gone. I move my hair out of my ear. The hissing sound is still there. But I rotate my head 90 degrees it is gone. When my head is at 45 degrees it is gone. But 0 degrees parallel to the wall it is there.

I get up, move to another room to post this online. Then I go back to the room. The hissing sound is not there.

What is going on? How can a sound, suddenly dissapear and reappear completely like that? I can understand, if a sound becomes quieter based on rotation. But I cannot understand how it dissapears completely.

Second, I have no idea what the sound was or what the source of it was. The effect is non-reproducable and thus Paranormal.

It could be a brain fart. Your hearing is cross-wired with your vision and the results are often comical. For example, you can swear someone standing right in front of you is saying one thing, when they’ve actually said something completely different. The words don’t even have to sound all that similar, because your vision is telling your ear what it is you are hearing, even though its wrong.

A fart refers to an emphermal blip in time. This was a continuous, non stop hissing, a stream of sound.

Sometimes its more than one fart and takes a while to work itself out.

lol Maybe you have an unwelcome boarder living in your wall which somehow squeezed itself in. A snake! If I were you, I would have that checked out. Watch out for openings in your wall. Not everything is about the paranormal. Seek and you may find. :mrgreen:

WB (maybe???)

I think your head’s leaking air.

In my lifetime, I’ve heard a couple of strange sounds I couldn’t identify.

When I was living with my cousin closer to downtown many years ago, I heard this humming sound every other night as I lay in bed.
Sometimes it was quiet, sometimes it was quite loud.
I thought maybe I was developing tinnitus, so I asked my cousin if he could hear it, but he said he could hear it too.
Later, I was able to record it on videocam, so I knew we both didn’t have tinnitus.
Then I went out to see if I could locate the source of the sound.

I walked around for a few hours in all directions for miles, and no matter where I went, I could hear it, and so could my videocam.
It didn’t seem to matter what direction I went.
Sometimes it would get louder as I went in one direction, so much so I was sure I was getting closer to its source, before it started getting quieter again, alternating between loud and quiet, even tho I was traveling for miles in the same direction.
I thought maybe it was being produced by some sort of stationary or mobile machinery, but I could never locate it.
After failing to, it seemed as tho the sound pervaded the whole atmosphere, like the sky itself was reverberating.

So what was it, something otherworldly?
Perhaps millions of vehicles and the hustle and bustle of the city can reverberate in the atmosphere for hours, causing it to hum, long after nearly all traffic and activity has ceased?
Now that I live further from downtown, I can’t hear it.

There was another sound I heard many years ago.
At first it sounded like a flock of geese and/or seagulls flying and chirping over my apartment.
However gradually grew louder and louder and more numerous, some of it higher in pitch, and some of it lower, to the point where it began to sound otherworldly, like a million birds prehistoric birds were chirping.

I then began to hear other sounds, stranger still.
It sounded like a vortex was opening up over my apartment, unleashing thousands of otherworldly beasts, but I looked out my window and I could see absolutely nothing.
After a couple more the sounds started to dissipate, until they were all gone.

I have absolutely no idea where these sounds came from, and I didn’t think to record them at the time, so I can’t be sure that I was hallucinating, but I was completely sober and fully lucid at the time, and I’m not one to experience perceptual or thought distortions.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jm-Ms0dvlo[/youtube]

The earth itself and its atmosphere is an enormous place, so perhaps as the earth beneath us and the atmosphere above and around us shifts, it occasionally makes enormous noises.