Emperor Constantine: the second coming of Christ

It sucks, but such teleportation would scare the s…t out of most mortals, they would loose their minds before loosing control over such helplessness. No, they need their gods to reassure themselves that everything is ok. If they are self professed atheists, they would deny everything but the ultra real

What inhabits a mortal human body, that soul of ours, is not mortal, Meno, that’s my point. Who says that being immortal makes you a God? It just means you continue indefinitely without supernatural powers to accomplish feats which defy the nature of this Earth dimension. The gullibility to believe that we are solely made of this dimension, that we beings originate from this dimension, is what flabbergasts me. People are mesmerized and stupefied by their human now. There’s so much more.

Indeed, it appears that Your bewilderment is justified! So lets suppose, that Your comment on other dimensions IS absolutely certain. If so, then , the relevant point must be in line with the idea, that such separate realities have some connection,and /or reflection of, and with, each other, even from the point of basic , primary logic.
You may, or might, question this corollary, but the phrase, as from above does that below, come to mind. This is more toward the reflective part , rather then the connective part that the argument adheres to.

As such, ’ the hierarchy of angels make more sense , in an afterlife. If our ‘souls’ survive, then at the most naive level of logic, Levii Strauss’ notion of a magical bonding makes sense. Not that it doesn’t make complete sense from the point of view of anthropology, but if the reflective sense with which the concept of soul is introduced, as another reality, using his method can only be understood as a conjuctive.

Wendy, I am digressing , but for a reason. That is, that even the idea of the argument for and against duality fits some parallel, between the naive totality which permeates the mind of elementary thought and post modern ventures into thought as : It’s Self.

If that opinion is held, then parallels would not fit the description, because by definition parallel lines never meet.
Therefore analogy would be as improper as well.

If the connection is a self prescribed tautology, then the connection is only based on a faux argument, and there really is no prior separation. It is an Absolute, because it requires an illumination, of reflective origins, and we, as individual souls are part of it.

By that I mean we are separate, while being part of it at the same time.

If one believes this form of argument, then we are both separate from God, and part of ‘IT’. And since I do not believe in transcendent beings, the conclusion ought to be obvious.

Then the primal connective at some point have a goal: an evolutionary goal: that of unifying with a reflective field to form a unity: as a proximate focus. This focus is the objective realization of the very basis of perception.

I touched on some things which may be tangential, but such bears on the pre-emphasis of perception on the realization of the (our) soul.

Then, we really can’t separate what is mortal from what is immortal.

A postscribed sense , as it were possible, could not have realized it, but then they held little store back then, in imminence and contemporality.

I doubt that from my visits. Our souls are our hard drives. Perhaps the shock of being in a human body causes a disconnection from previous knowledge, being in a dumb animal, we become dumb animals essentially.

Is becoming something of an amnesiac a true sense of death? I can’t say total amnesiac since I feel compelled by and drawn to some things and some people, there’s a familiarity, especially concerning deja vus which seems like some kind of incomplete reminder of past interactions. ILP has spawned many deja vus and dreams.

That might be because faith is belief without explanation… though you might be trying to explain the psychology of faith.

:laughing: That made me laugh. I’d like to quote that in my sig. May I?

Drugs transport your consciousness across realities. Another way to say that is: drugs create temporary realities for you.

That was me when I was 19. Atheist turned believer almost over night.

The implications of that are rather sobering, either You were precocious or I am retarded.

What made for the sudden conversion, if I may ask?

Sure, as long as you remember what eternity can feel like.

Let’s go with me being precocious. :wink:

The drugs were screwing with my brain. I started to believe in the Devil.

Well, that’s the catch. Do I really remember all the details of that experience at the rave? Not really. I know how I’ve come to interpret it: Samsara. And I know how I feel about Samsara today: more of a roller-coaster ride than hell. ← What do you think?

Does this mean I don’t get to quote you? :frowning:

Yeah, no quote.

Aw, you’re killing me. :laughing:

I know that not everybody is capable of being an atheist, the world was better off pagan or polytheistic. Semitic morality is slave morality.

I know not everyone is capable of being a pagan. Semitic morality with its focus on a transcendent God was part of the death of intuition. One of the side effects of this death is atheism. Abrahamism started the pre-frontal cortex war on the limbic system. Integration and collaboration are so much better. Fucking scientists couldn’t admit that animals had emotions and intentions until the 80s, and then they claimed they were the ones who demonstrated it, never apologizing to all the people they considered to be irrational and anthropomorphizing before, when the scientists were strutting around, back then, saying animals were mechanisms or impulse machines and we were not. That’s the kind of duh hubris prefrontal-lobes identifiers, who keep their limbic systems in dungeons, are capable of.

Atheism has been around since the time of ancient Greece, it’s an entirely western tradition of philosophical skepticism.

Christianity is a religion much like all semitic beliefs of Abraham that has a moral inversion of manifesting mental or physical slavery and bondage as a higher social virtue. It’s no wonder why some early Christian monks referred to themselves as slaves of Christ or God that they revered as master of all. It’s disgusting to any sensible or rational human being that aspires towards more higher moral standards and beliefs. Christian morality lacks many, many things. It is degenerative.

It arises in many places, but that soup ain’t what you or any atheist online here arose out of. The thinking of modern atheists in the West are stamped by their Abrahamic progenitors. Other atheists are stamped by the developments of their progenitors.

Morality is just one aspect of the paradigm. Via overvaluation of transcendence and the desire for a split brain with the prefrontal cortex as jailer to the limbic system, it created modern minds, you think 1) transcending the mammalian brain makes them smarter and 2) able to not notices how this sleight of mind solves nothing.

You, as an individual, are less infected this than most. I hope one day you’ll weed out the last dregs of it.

As a modern day atheist I find that I have little in common with other atheists, so please don’t lump me with them. A majority of atheists these days have fallen for the transhumanism clap trap, I have not. Less infected? Please explain.

I am curious to what you mean by discussions of limbic expressions and over valuations of transcendence, please elaborate.

I think the world was better off 200,000 years ago–the age when they say man first appeared on the evolutionary scene; I think we carry much the same predispositions, instincts, desires, and needs as man did back then, but we’ve fucked up the world beyond repair in the modern age, and we’re never going back. We have to live in a self-made artificial environment that we are not fit for (ironically at our own hands). We were much better off living in small tribes, living off the land, knowing each and every person we come into contact with 99% of the time. “Society” for us back then was just our local group–the village–which (anthropologists say) was usually only between 200 and 300 strong. Everyone you knew, you knew from birth. It was like family and good friends.

Of course, there was warring with other tribes, and inter-tribal marriages, and there was even pestilence and disease and constant threats from predators, so I’m not saying life was perfect, but when you consider some of the horrors of modern day life–war on a mass scale, tyrannical governments, destruction of the environment, the stress of life in modern day capitalism, the fact that we are raising our children far less directly (i.e. schools, daycare, nannies, etc.)–I’m not sure we’ve made life any better.

If I understand you correctly, Karpel, this antagonism between the prefrontal cortex and the limbic system can be translated as: antagonism between rational thought and emotion, instinct, intuition, and other limbic system functions. Is this right? I’m not sure when this split began–what event in history–but if the brain is wired to enter into this state which is so common, not only in the West, but everywhere humans exist and have existed, I’ll bet it’s at least partially written into our genes. However, I think modern day life exacerbates the problem by way of mental “programs” (thoughts, beliefs, values) being downloaded onto people’s brains (via media) that really aren’t good for everyone. These programs start with people, or groups of people, with some degree of power of influence, people in a position to spread their ideas and to sell them as the “right” ideas, thereby making most people feel pressured to buy them. In prehistoric times, I believe, the kinds of ideas and beliefs we passed around and gave to each other were determined/influenced far more by the immediate and imminent issues and problem the group shared in common and understood, issues and problem everyone could agree upon, and the responses to which they could also agree upon. In other words, living amongst a tribe allows for common instincts and intuitions to have a voice–for everyone to feel the same about things (or at least, more likely to feel the same)–and therefore more likely to agree and feel confident in the changes in thought, beliefs, and values that the group, as a whole, hashed out.

Therefore, if there was ever a time in history when this conflict between prefrontal lobe thinking and limbic system thinking (or feeling) multiplied to the dangerous levels we see today, it was probably when the tribal way of life gave way to civilization–a state of living where you don’t always know the people you live amongst and over which tyrannical leaders rule with force.

I see certain meme systems, such as Abrahamic religions, as having radically changed the relationship, the major splits we see not being present in many indigenous and pagan groups. The rise of technocrats has also had a huge effect. I think also certain parties want only their skills validated. What they are weak on, they want dismissed and suppressed.

There were pretty advanced non-tribal cultures that did not have this split. Though I do think there is a kind of war that has tainted all cultures, but some vastly more than others.

Imagine the idiocy of a rabbit that decided the limbic system should suppress and negate the reptile portions of the brain.

I agree with you that our ancient past was far better than our present and in many ways was better in terms of freedom, independence, or community. The problem of course is that we can never truly go back at least in the near future anyways. We’re stuck in a world that we’ve created with all the burdensome consequences it all entails. One of these days the world will come under full assault of those consequences also.