Sloppy Tenths

What double-standard and hypocrisy, though?

If a woman wants to be desirable, then being the town bicycle, is obviously not the way to go. She may receive a lot of sex, at the cost of respect. Society, people in general, do not respect prostitutes or promiscuous women. A chaste woman is respectable, if she is otherwise healthy, because she is harder to get at. With aristocracy and higher classes, it becomes more obvious. High-quality women are a challenge, and worth the risks and time involvement. Even when a man maybe sloppy-seconds, or fifths, or tenths.

Most men settle for what they can get. This is the bottom-line.

The virginity fetish and the purity myth was not a woman’s creation. It is an expression of a man’s own deep insecurity and possessiveness. You say a chaste woman is more desired and valued by society -you point to the rules of society without even understanding them, or seeing what lies behind them. To a man, a loyal woman is like a loyal dog and a man/society singing praises to her is like a man patting his loyal dog. He loves her, his loyal woman, just as he loves his loyal trained dog. By respecting a chaste woman he does not respect a woman, but his own created idea of a woman, his own ideal image of a woman. His creation. He domesticated the woman like he domesticated the dog. And some simple or naive women play the prescribed role because they think as long as they behave and play the role they will be loved and valued. Most of these women (and even men) never even achieved any kind of individuality and just settle for their prescribed roles, men loving an idealized image of a woman as an “ideal” man (his role), and woman loving a man, as his idealized woman (her role). The rules, themselves, however, were skewed in favor of a man, in order to satisfy his fears and needs, while extinguishing hers; woman submitting to a man, not just with her body, but also with her mind, her self. I think that most men simply cannot (with) stand a woman who is her own agent. She becomes a threat and some kind of otherworldly monster, to be either conquered, or slain. It must be a matter of man’s pride. So they stain their reputations, shame them, outcast them, or worse, stone or burn them at the stake. I wouldn’t be surprised in ancient men saw women’s true nature as an “evil beast” to be annihilated, as well.

Young Madonna with a child. In Middle Ages this was the rave of the day. You see the same image over and over again, hundreds and hundreds of portrayals is the same image, in every church and little chapel you step into. A young, maybe 13 or so, girl, with a baby. When I look at these images (or rather another copy of the same image) I cant help but see some rich dude behind it, with connections within the church, who likely bought a virgin girl bride and then paid good money to commission an artist to paint her with their child, as a Virgin Madonna. In a way, he made her immortal, but not as what she really was, or truly served as. There is also repulsiveness about it, hidden behind all the artistry. Like a reverence that pediphiles have for the innocence of the children they covet.
Now imagine that this propaganda image was seen by just about everyone at the time, perpetuating this myth of “holiness” and desirability, and in this particular form, that kept reappearing again and again.
A chaste young woman and a mother. Little girls would be introduced to it from a very early age and see it as an ideal as well. This is what they would be encouraged to emulate and grow up imitating. That god himself chooses and blesses chaste women over others, making her special - that must have been quite a compliment for women. This was the ultimate husbandry art (bravo!) - divine will, expressed in both positive and negative reinforcement. Who dared to challenge it? Only the devil and his spawn, for which he and his like would suffer for eternity. and if women did not wish to participate in glorified womb and sex trade (women as man’s chattel), they can always give themselves to Christ and live in a monastery - another way to keep tabs on female sexuality, lest it goes out of control.

There’s so many fallacies and flaws in your arguments, that you merely repeat, that addressing them is not really worth my time.

And “being loyal” is not based on gender. Men and women, both, demand loyalty from each other. That should be obvious and common sense. But of course, loyalty is earned. Loyalty is based on respect.

As long as you keep repeating your fallacies and flawed arguments, I’m not going to respond. Go ahead with the last word if you want.

Sloppy tenths applies to men also.

There is no way I would consider a man to marry if he were poor or promiscuous. There is nothing admirable in poverty and only creates hardship for the woman and any future offspring. Poverty in a man represents and shows his failures. I don’t want to be responsible for a man’s upkeep.

Physical looks in a man. I have never been attracted to ‘Hollywood’ type men. Looks are not that important, health is.

So when did you get your lobotomy?

This makes perfect sense in my experiences. Refreshingly honest.

Yeah, you realize, don’t you Shieldy, that you’re reinforcing the stereotype that women only like men for their money, right? Thanks for providing yourself as a living example.

Why wouldn’t they? Money is value. In the real world, emotional support, political agreement, physical attraction are all things that one can survive without. Gotta have that money and if you don’t have enough then life becomes a bitch really fast. It’s like one of those things that everyone really knows but doesn’t like to talk about…I mean…everything is, and always has been for sale. There’s always going to be those who complain about the price.

Totally agree with you Mr R, beautifully said.

There is a price for everything and that includes looking after yourself.

Gib wrote:

Why did you chose to ignore that I also stated I would look for a man of honourable character and good health?

Gib…What woman wants a man who struggles with a drug or alcohol addiction, and

Urwrong1000…

if a woman has the audacity to express certain attributes she deems necessary in her man of choice she is labelled ‘a snob’. LOL

You want the best of and in a woman, in that case you have to present equally or beyond for her.

That wasn’t a separate statement from how I interpret it. You said a man’s wealth status is indicative of his character and health.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFKt1z7cHAY[/youtube]

I know this wasn’t directed at me, but this is one of those cases where we get to say: it has nothing to do with you being a woman (AFAIK). It has to do with you being… Australian! :astonished:

Gib wrote:

How so? unless you have been refused entry. :laughing:

OOOH SNAAPP!!!

No I didn’t say that. Common sense will tell you that not all men of wealth are of honourable character and some have the ‘love’ of money which then renders it useless.

Money is a necessity today in this society and without it misery prevails.

Mr Micawber’s famous, and oft-quoted, recipe for happiness:

"Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen [pounds] nineteen [shillings] and six [pence], result happiness.

Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery."

Charles Dickens, David Copperfield

Interestingly, the inspiration for this quote is attributed to Dickens’ own father, a perpetual debtor who eventually wound up in the Marshalsea debtor’s prison. This period of time for Dickens, who was only 12 years old, had a profound effect on him.

Hey Shieldy,

I think I’m gonna leave this conversation as it stands.

Money is a necessity, not only in today’s world but since time immemorial. I always wonder though: can that be equated with love?

Well I hate to see a good man go, but if I may add the words of my own noted but mostly unheard of poet-dad, to quote,-:
‘Money is mostly funny’.

And another very famous chanteuse , ‘what has love got to do with it’'?

Money is equated with peace for without it there is only struggle.

I agree that sloppy tenths applies to men also. Only men push the idea that women desire male [Edit: slutdom rather than] whoredom.

Money doesn’t make the world go round, but it oils the wheels.

What is “male whoredom”?

Oh yeah? Check this out: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=189596&hilit=conveyor+belt&start=75#p2585290