Being a gentleman

Mercy is a key component to form the psyche of the gentleman.

Women and children first, because they are considered less strong, therefor more in need of help / strength.

Moderns equate strength with overpowering and overcoming things.
There was a time and still some believe this : strength should be used to spare the less powerful.

A gentleman is encouraged to cultivate strength, but not for his own sake.

I’m not saying this is right or wrong in simple terms.
I’m just explaining a process here.

I understand you perfectly and when push comes to shove , love is the highest form of energy.

What is love ?

If you are willing to give your life for another. It really holds things together. I could swear by it.

Love has many forms.
When beings put aside fighting they can grow faster.
The selection produced by fighting and survival is different than a selection based on how helpful and good something or someone is.

I consider darwinism anti-love.

So a gentleman should reject Darwinism.

In place of something more sane than eating babies.

I agree , if there was no law against it. (Eating Babies).

But such does not prove against being a gentleman.
Maybe it just goes against everything to feed on them. Especially in the civilised world.

But how does it figure in the uncivilized world?

The uncivilized world?
Animals have many natures.
Some are harmless, some are deadly.

It’s hard to put a single intention behind life on earth because one can work against the other.

Monotheism has some statements about all life in the world coming from a single God figure.

If they are all brothers and sisters of the father, why eat each other and even eat their own at times?

A more sane system would probably be much more intelligent.

Yes but we are not there yet, although we have had plenty of warnings. Not too many heeded them.

What I would call a professional set of philosophers talking,
would be a productive conversation about things that matter.

A professional philosopher is a form of gentleman.
Instead of insulting, attacking, or ignoring, there is a clear insight that lets you see another person’s ideas clearly.

Straw men are so numerous that i wonder.
Even 1 straw man is enough to render a discussion useless or less than useless.

Physics is about how the world works, to name one. But there is also a philosophical process to the way the world works.
Physics and philosophy lend to each other. When it’s real philosophy.
Here “philosophy” has become a dirty word. A dead old crap of a word.

Conversation with a gentleman is like watching a documentery or reading a book.
Conversation with a scoundrel and an unphilosophical fool will be shallow and could become aggression at the tip of a hat.
“Challenging” their so called intelligence or manhood, is forbidden.
Conversation is time set aside for growth and learning of important first hand discoveries and experiences.
Mundane and unphilosophical talk is about things like penis size, fist fights, women you’ve fucked, jokes about memes and retarded things like that.