Carleas

Maybe You can help me. I was able to log in because I got a P.M. and by pressing on a message in the email section I could sign on. However , if I sign off then, I’m back to not remembering the password, which I inconveniently forgot, but is perma-formed in the old format. (The password)

Yesterday the system gave me an option to return to the old format, but, overnight it changed, and that option disappeared.

So until, I can resolve this, I will not log out

I’d there is a built in procedure , where the system will log out automatically?

Going by Murphy’s Law, that if that were to happen, could set up a new account, but sure that won’t work, because probably 1 can’t have 2 accounts using the same gmail.

Hope to get some answers on this.

Thank You, and I hope You understand this problem.

P.S. the new format requires the remembrance of the password, which, was not written down. Could You email me by PM to let me know? Or, is that barred, as well?
Well now perhaps that will not be necessary, since creating this tenuous stop gap measure?

Thanks, at any rate. .Meno

In other words, can You retrieve my pass code?

I did not want to seemingly pre-empt my last blog, so I will be editing my progress as it progresses: and this editing seems to throw the whole thing into a future perfect, and that is merely a reflecting process do to technical effects, besides being somewhat a throwback of apparent ineptitude.
So the main thing here is that I have to refill my apparent progress, and at this point my fill merely consists of frustration.so I am merely keeping my self posted , so that I will be able chart my course. If with the aid of some technician, it will simply be resolved, then, I will wipe the slate clean by re-editing, or deleting unappealing content.

Deleted for lack of any new relevance.

Thanks, problem temporary solved, by just staying logged in.

In you click ‘login’ in the upper right, you can click “I forgot my password” beneath the login box and change your password that way.

Or, if you use Chrome (should work for other browsers too, but I can only give you steps for Chrome) and your password is saved (i.e. you see your password prepopulated as a string of circles), you can see your password in plain text using the inspection pane.

Right click on the password field, and click “inspect”:
[tab]

[/tab]

In the inspection pane, in the highlighted line, find where is says ‘type=“password”’ and double click to edit:
[tab]

[/tab]

Replace the word “password” with the word “text”. Voila, the circles are replaced with a password:
[tab]

[/tab]

Super handy trick.

The first suggestion did not work because back in 2012 Iregistered under a different email address , therefore I cannot retrieve the password , because I can’t remember that either.

Carleas,

Thanks for the help, and will work on it.

Problem solved thank You.

A new problem came up
My present system is crashing and i I am afraid o did not back up into cloud and although somehow I was able to get to a page where I was able to log in without paaacose because I got the encrypted log on page , this so) not be available starting next week

I think the prpblem is that my original email was different so whatever I do, it refers to that email

So I was thinlimg of two options:

1 re registering using a new email? or
Using the same name: : Meno_ or a different one and somehow connecting the two identities

I have two days to get new equipment and them I loose what I have here. I do not think it’s possible to save. Or transfer the
particular format that I mentioned above , and following the link to get into LOST my PASSWORD on the log in page either

I feel perhaps I’m being tiresome at this point but of You could help me sort this out it would be great

Last time I even went to Apple with it. and they had no idea.

Thanks for whatever pointers You could offer

The instructions above should help you recover your password from the page where its saved, and once you have that you can change your email.

If you send me a PM with your current email address, I can update that so you can reset your password.

Thank You Carleas, the change of e.mail password was a success

Carleas, I have new technical problems , of You couldhelp me with these, I’d appreciate it!

For starters, I have to sign in and out X3 to successfully log out
what could that be caused by?

Then I have too many pending private messages and it says I have to delete some to be enable to read a new message. However upon re reading them I realize I read them all, then when I try to delete them, they wouldn’t go away.

Then , now , I can’t log in except by hiding , but my name comes up anyway.

I don’t really want to make waves, but if the problems are overbearing, because I can at least log in.

That inforgpt my pass word is ok for now , since the memory is in embedded into Google , so in song really have to remember it, but may present a problem when getting a new device.

Yikes!

For inability to sign out, do you have multiple windows/tabs open? Could be you’re looking at a page that’s already loaded. After you log out, try closing your browser completely.

For deleting messages, you can delete them in batches using the controls in the bottom right:
Deleting messages.PNG

Clicking “Mark all” will select every PM that’s visible (if you want to keep certain messages, you can uncheck the box for that PM). Then select “Delete marked” from the menu and click “Go”.

If you have multiple windows/tabs open, you’ll still see the messages in those tabs until you navigate away from that page or refresh. Pages are static, so they only update when you load a page.

Thanks for that Carleas, I am the most unsophisticated person in the world, nearly. I did not log out since yesterday , for fear of not being able to sign in, same goes now, I am going to the Philippines tonight, and can not go to Apple. They usually can do it.

I will play around with it on the plane, and while still signed out would like to write a kind of travelogue, keeping in line with the need to express.

Anyway , if all else fails, hoping to remedy the situation upon return.

Very much obliged

Happy to help as I can. Can you still log in to your old account at old.ilovephilosophy.com? If so, please do and send me a private message with your current email address, and I’ll update your account to send a password reset link, so you can get access to your account.

Niice… a holiday?

I got a weird notification that I was automatically logged out the other night. But then …I wasn’t logged out. Nothing to fix there; just something that I thought was weird.

Another thing is that I had to stop coming to this website using Safari on my phone because it messed it up completely. Completely unnavigable. So now I only come to this website using Edge on my phone. I’m pretty sure Microsoft is taking over the world. I don’t think you can fix that because it has the feeling of inevitability.

Meno_ found his way back to ILP before. He has 500 bajillion different usernames. It would be nice if we could combine accounts from different users (sock puppets) under just one user (the originator of the sock puppets) like he is suggesting. It’s probably even something that you can do by taking a sock puppet’s posts and assigning them to the originator as author, then deleting the sock puppet account(s). However, how would you be able to prove that all the different sock puppets are the property of one originator? Don’t want to have a case of identity theft.