What are you doing?

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Moderator: MagsJ

Re: What are you doing?

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:03 am

Shopping online.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby WendyDarling » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:13 am

Enjoying the 50+ degrees, warmer weather. Cotton was ecstatic to lengthen our walks. Finally could leave the screen door open for some fresh air. So nice!
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby WW_III_ANGRY » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:28 am

MagsJ wrote:Eating a bowl of Eat natural cereal, whilst pondering what to wear, whilst supping home-made red wine... gotta head out soon :roll:

Um, have you ever gone here? I would love to go. I'd make a trip to London just to go here.

https://www.standard.co.uk/go/london/ba ... 36165.html
WW_III_ANGRY
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:43 pm

WW_III_ANGRY wrote:
MagsJ wrote:Eating a bowl of Eat natural cereal, whilst pondering what to wear, whilst supping home-made red wine... gotta head out soon :roll:

Um, have you ever gone here? I would love to go. I'd make a trip to London just to go here.

https://www.standard.co.uk/go/london/ba ... 36165.html

I haven't.. nor heard of it either. :shock: The interior looks fantastic.. and very Le Salon/parlour room, so perfect for those who love Philosophy.

There are a few places, more closer to me, which I sometimes frequent, but I wasn't impressed. :|
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby WendyDarling » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:54 pm

Amish women make the most delicious potato salad.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:10 am

I think Mennonite potato salad is the best.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby WendyDarling » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:23 pm

The Mennonites are an offshoot of the Amish.

My radio station is back on the air, thank God! For a minute (well, over a week), I wondered if they lost their FCC license or sponsorship. Whew! It's WSSQ 94.3 FM. Q 94.3, I forgive you for scaring me. Love this station, their music is a wide variety of more upbeat songs from the 1970's until today. It's a wonderful hodgepodge!
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby WendyDarling » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:41 am

Mentally gearing up for an extended trip to New Orleans to attend my Sister's wedding where I have to read a long poem during the ceremony. :-?
No pressure. #-o
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Mr Reasonable » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:22 am

Go to Preservation Hall. If you like Jazz, there's no better place to hear it.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby WendyDarling » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:35 pm

I'll keep that suggestion in mind.

:happy-jumpeveryone: Happy St. Patty's Day people! :happy-jumpeveryone:
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:36 am

It's like, literally the birthplace of jazz. If you don't go there, then you didn't go to the birthplace of jazz.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Ierrellus » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:29 pm

I've had I yr.,6mos. without a taste of alcohol or a puff of cigarette. This is extremely hard to do, especially for one who suffers from major depression. Meds and counselors have helped me avoid sinking into the maelstrom of despair. Life goes on. My sister has been diagnosed with a terminal illness. I will have to face the death of a sibling and dear friend. I pray that this ordeal will not prompt me to take up the old habits--the demons that comfort with a curse.
"We must love one another or die." W.H.Auden
I admit I'm an asshole. Now, can we get back to the conversation?
From the mad poet of McKinley Ave.
Ierrellus
ILP Legend

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:10 am

Drugs only speed you up, slow you down, make you confused, or make you numb. If that's not what you need, then the solution is in something else. Never do drugs or drink to cope with things. If you're going to use something, use it to celebrate and to be happy. There's a hard line between celebratory intoxication, and intoxication for purposes of coping.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby MagsJ » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:56 pm

Watching 'Easter from King's' music and readings of some of the best-loved choral music and readings for the season, from the chapel of King's College, Cambridge.

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby Erik_ » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:54 pm

It's been awhile.

How have you guys been?
Erik_
Philosopher

Postby WendyDarling » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:47 pm

Watching episodes of Bear Grylls' The Island Men vs. Women. Interesting so far.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Pandora » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:40 am

Reading up on the canine distemper virus outbreak in raccoons in parts of US.
Apparently it can also be induced (and transmitted) through vaccines, as well, and cross some species.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articl ... po=45.6522
Interestingly, they found out that human MS may also be caused by exposure to canine distemper virus.
http://aetiologyblog.com/2010/04/29/can ... -you-sick/
So... humans may have infected domesticated dogs with measles, creating canine distemper virus in dogs, and then dogs may have infected humans back with CDV, creating Multiple Sclerosis in humans? Hmm...
Pandora
Philosopher

Postby gib » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:05 am

Pandora wrote:Reading up on the canine distemper virus outbreak in raccoons in parts of US.
Apparently it can also be induced (and transmitted) through vaccines, as well, and cross some species.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articl ... po=45.6522
Interestingly, they found out that human MS may also be caused by exposure to canine distemper virus.
http://aetiologyblog.com/2010/04/29/can ... -you-sick/
So... humans may have infected domesticated dogs with measles, creating canine distemper virus in dogs, and then dogs may have infected humans back with CDV, creating Multiple Sclerosis in humans? Hmm...

Don't you love symbiotic relations?
My thoughts | My art | My music | My poetry

A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.
- unknown source

Men must be taught as if you taught them not. And things unknown proposed as things forgot.
- Alexander Pope

Here lies the body of William J, who died maintaining his right of way.
He was right, dead right, as he sped along, but he's just as dead as if he were wrong.
- Boston Transcript
gib
resident exorcist

Postby Pandora » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:27 am

gib wrote:Don't you love symbiotic relations?

There was a genetic study on measles virus pointing to evidence that measles formed out of rinderpest virus (cattle plague) when cattle was first domesticated and when populations reached the number sustainable for the virus to move around and mutate (250,000-500,000). The cause seems to be tied to rise of agriculture and civilization.
https://virologyj.biomedcentral.com/art ... -422X-7-52
Pandora
Philosopher

Postby Pandora » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:42 am

I think this is the most anti-migrant article I’ve read in a while:

The Infectious Disease Epidemiology Annual Report — which was published on July 12, 2017 and provides data on the status of more than 50 infectious diseases in Germany during 2016 — offers the first glimpse into the public health consequences of the massive influx of migrants in late 2015.

The report shows increased incidences in Germany of adenoviral conjunctivitis, botulism, chicken pox, cholera, cryptosporidiosis, dengue fever, echinococcosis, enterohemorrhagic E. coli, giardiasis, haemophilus influenza, Hantavirus, hepatitis, hemorrhagic fever, HIV/AIDS, leprosy, louse-borne relapsing fever, malaria, measles, meningococcal disease, meningoencephalitis, mumps, paratyphoid, rubella, shigellosis, syphilis, toxoplasmosis, trichinellosis, tuberculosis, tularemia, typhus and whooping cough.
https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/1067 ... infectious
Pandora
Philosopher

Postby WendyDarling » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:50 am

Watching vids of female motorcycle clubs and reminiscing about my riding experiences. Passing the motorcycle safety class on a Suzuki 125, looked like the GN125 2011, but was actually an '88.

Never drove on the open road, but it was great to gain that skill. I was popping wheelies as I tried to pop the clutch across a parking lot and my roommate was moving so slow that the bike tipped over on top of her still running. :lol: She gave the instructor a scare. Needless to say, in a class of thirty, we made up two of the three women there. Half the class didn't pass the 100 question written portion of the exam. I did everything right, except on one turn I put my foot down when I wasn't supposed to.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby MagsJ » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:20 pm

..job hunting... I'm making myself a wanted woman. ;)

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby WendyDarling » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:24 pm

Has anyone ever eaten at Bobby McGees? Where the waitstaff dress in costumes and serve you while in character?
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby MagsJ » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:33 pm

WendyDarling wrote:Has anyone ever eaten at Bobby McGees? Where the waitstaff dress in costumes and serve you while in character?

No, but I think someone should :lol:

I have Wined and dined at venues with themed events.. and they were awesomely fun.

Do it Wendy, do it!

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby WendyDarling » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:24 pm

Oh, I've already been served in the Phoenix, Arizona's Bobby McGees by Little Bo Peep, but that was ages ago. Was just trying to find out if the company still exists anywhere and I think that's a big negative. Bummer.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat