Global Selloff, an advice

You are willfully poor and enjoy being a victim.

No, I am actually studying and bettering myself everyday through hard work which will eventually pay off one way or another.

I’m just not stupid enough to believe in the narrative that anybody can get rich quick playing the stock market.

That’s not the narrative that you’re being given here. We’re saying that if you don’t invest, then you’re not even going to get rich slowly, let alone be able to retire. People don’t retire off money shoved under mattresses. You’ve got to participate in the economy if you’re going to benefit from it, and one day when you’re too old to do any more work, you’re still going to need food, and insurance premiums will be more important to you than ever. Don’t buy into the ridiculous narrative that you can pick up degrees and study your way into financial security.

I’m all about trades man, you know trade schools and occupational trades.

Besides, if I’m right where the global economy does collapse there will be no shortage of suckers out there that I can build wealth off of where better yet everything will be at a premium discount.

Hey, the union trade guys don’t retire off their hourly wage. They retire off their pensions. The longer you wait, the less time you have for using compounding to your advantage. It’s your life man.

Yep, I know about all the pitfalls. I’m just rolling the dice here.

You’ll just have to trust that I know what I am doing. :wink:

I don’t trust shit. That’s your thing.

I don’t trust anything either, I just have a good poker face where I know when to gamble and when not to. Don’t mistake me for naivety, naive I am not.

Yesterday all US indices made new highs encouraged by the US job data. As i see it, there is nothing much to read into the data. Market use to take all these things merely as an excuse to move either ways. The real reason is that the market has crossed the fear cycle and now entering in greed mode, though nobody can predict to which extent this greed will push the market further.

In my opinion, it is right time to withdraw all money from the stocks market and invest in bonds or saving accounts, and keep waiting patiently for the next 5% kind of correction, which will eventually come sooner or later.

It is not a rocket science to earn in stock markets through trading. All one needs in a basic understanding of the market working, which is more about human psychology than anything else. That is precisely why i put this this thread in this section. The second essential ingredient required is patience, though not a little but tons of patience.

Having said that, SIP investors need not to worry, they can continue.

with love,
sanjay

All data in terms of statistics in the United States is purely fabricated revolving around magical thinking, good luck trading that. Also, many are starting to wonder if the bond market is becoming a bubble in which case at some point it will burst.

Stocks in the United States are highly overvalued and I suspect a melt up will occur eventually in a crushing correction.

Well since everyone who’s predicted that has only been right 2 times in the last 100 years, you think it might be wise to just take the risk and get a return like people have every other time except 1929 and 2009?

Sure if I had the capital to do so. (Which I don’t.)

Even if I had money to invest in the market I wouldn’t in this current environment as it is just asking or begging to have your face ripped off.

So the rich aren’t getting richer?

Just as i were expecting, the greed mode of markets did not last much and fear again has taken over. The time of investing is coming again, perhaps as soon as today. If markets fall 2/3% more today or during next week, it would be right time to start investing again. If markets complete a fall around 5% from the peak, 25% of the capital should be deployed. But, this should be kept in the mind that the markets may not bounce again in a hurry or even go down further. To cope up with that situation, rest of the capital should be divided into four parts and deployed at every 5% of further fall.

This should be kept in the mind that this 20-25% kind of fall may happen and markets may not recover immediately from there. It may take months to recover from there. But, this is the risk that market participants have to take, otherwise they should not be in the market.

Less rewarding but much safer way is to start or increase SIP.

with love,
sanjay

If Zero were drafting 200 bucks a month into oil, trains and missiles, he’d be getting more for his money right now as Trump continues to push the market down.

Investors and traders should send a thankyou card to Trump as courtesy to him such opportunities will arise again and again.

with love,
sanjay

Zinnat out curiosity, how is Indian and Chinese relations going over there?

Given what China did today, there is good chance that US will face the results of choosing a fool and egomaniac person as its president very soon.

My guess is that big cuts in the stock markets is coming. Investors should pull up their socks.

with love,
sanjay

zinnat,

Purely just out of curiosity, how does all of this analysis factor into your current views on God and religion? Is God a capitalist?

When you have the time, perhaps we can take this to another thread.

Otherwise, carry on.

It’s got nothing to do with it. That’s like asking how star wars movies relate to blowing your nose.