Analysis of a despicable friend

An infinite regression should not be a bar to You, in order to continue. heed the warning , to. those who enter here.

I’m listening … waiting for your response to my second last post … starts with the sentence …

[b]

[/b]

No boundaries … no rules … though common courtesy compels me to share my thoughts … triggered by your posts.

1. Your first post … Agreed … there are more variables than we can count. I see two alternatives:
    a) Throw our hands in the air and declare hopelessness.
    b) Gird our loins and “ultreya” … Spanish for “keep going.”

Another personal anecdote describing how the word “ultreya” entered my personal vocabulary … retrieved from some old notes.

Part I
[b]

[/b]

Part II
[b]

[/b]

1. Your second post … spontaneous (un)censored comments are the best … a manifestation of the “get naked” prerequisite for meaningful dialogue.

2. Your 3rd post … to enter here one must be willing to ‘get naked’ … hang out some personal dirty laundry for public view. Easy enough for the insane … terribly difficult for sane people. :wink:

One thing I must so is to help paraphrase in the square as You are doing doing. Will go to T Mobile tomorrow to find out how to do that. Now to the first comment
I am excited and reluctant at the same time, because in deed we are moving forward.and it seems to me in not am illusion. Your comments are both worth while and exhilarating.

Now I may be crazy, but I am not insane, and there is a distinction and I can’t really say wether I can as of yet decide to get naked or stay dressed for I wpuos not want to go from crazy to truly crazy or insane
So what will happen when we I, get to a point where a decision has to be made in this regard?

We are talking boundaries here and You Yourself drew around when pushed to the inquiry about Your son.I too have such a limitation , and its that some things are so personal as to make them almost taboo. Other things such as employee relates confidentiality , comtractual, signed or understood, and others such as clearances bar trespass or go to jail. This jail is as yet virtual nut upon pass go you do not collect 200 dollars.

Dribble at times dribble. Another thing : by posting personal stuff , and that can not be avoided, we are game to such purveyors of objectivity who expressly state that its not good form to shed too much biography , especially the bad kind, for it invariably create a sense of self victimization for any and all to gawk and chatter about.

You are obviously implying organization and spelling difficulties on my part, but got to go its almost 11 pm and my wife is demanding attention

By for now. You are probably Eastern Standard Time and most likely shut eye

[b]

[/b]

Reminds me of one of my favorite quotes from Augustine.

[b]

[/b]

Individuals who overtly challenge the prevailing “torrent of human custom” are labelled crazy or insane. It must be so or the "torrent of human custom" wouldn’t survive. OTH throughout history many individuals during their lifetime were labelled crazy or insane and a century or so later their legacy morphs into genius/hero. Crazy/insane individuals are a necessary component of human evolution.

[b]

[/b]

We have both already crossed this bridge several times … seems to me the unconscious mind is trustworthy … no need to bother our conscious mind with such a trivial matter.

[b]

[/b]

A great example of what I just wrote. After reading your above sentence my first thought … “What’s he talking about?” Then I went looking for some reference to your statement. I had to scan the entire thread three times before I found it … and there it was … clear as day … in black and white. What a monstrosity! The unconscious mind really is the elephant … the rider … our conscious mind … is the fool that thinks he/she can make the elephant go where ever we want it to go. :slight_smile:

My conscious mind is now ready to respond to your question concerning my son … suppose it now has the approval of my unconscious mind. :slight_smile:

1. It would be unkind to hang out my son’s dirty laundry without his permission. OTH public information is OK.

2. Regarding the experience I mentioned … the internet was the enabler though there were so many other factors … many of which I’m not even aware of.

3. Kevin recovered from the experience … went on to get married … fathered a daughter … got divorced … fathered a second daughter in a second relationship … changed his family name and cut me off from all communications about 10 years ago. Kevin obviously chooses to deal with his “compression” in his own way … not unlike his father. :slight_smile:

[b]

[/b]

Thinking and caring about what other people will say or do is a two edged sword. While it promotes conformity it also stifles freedom and creativity.

[b]

[/b]

Let me be direct … I have fewer distractions, more leisure time and the subject we are discussing is … and has been for almost 25 years now … the most important thing in my life.

[b]

[/b]

Apparently we have a 16 hour difference in time zone … probably explains why I’m running out in front. :slight_smile:

Seems like, as it should this thread is burrowing deeper on a far faster pace . Probably as it should, where the ‘should’ is more ties to the unconscious them the intended , more linear
approximation. So something may be amiss with the quantified precept of acquiring knowledge of the kind we are talking about. And I think I can give an answer to that, it is like a fishing expedition to the neural connectors between the conscious and the unconscious.

That area of the brain is struggling right now, the grey area between them is hard pressed to resolve the issue which way, what of , where from, where to, to whom-well that’s You,
and more ifs and but’s that come from seemingly nowhere

Bit to give justice to Your blog, ill need to digest it and can not answer until at least until tonight.

I agree this is exciting and our enthusiasm suggests as much.

More paraphrasing :slight_smile:

For me, our e-exchange is a manifestation of the emerging notion of “Collective Wisdom”.

As I understand the notion … park your ego at the door … enter a room and engage in communication … watch the magic happen. :slight_smile:

In NT Biblical terms …
[b]

[/b].

Yes and the collection implies a collector and for that we may need a third party.Your suggestion in a prior blog was to get other participants involved but maybe a ‘collector’ is a disposable concept anyway and we could set up a separate discussion about that, reminding of an infinitely. Regressive type of again: they area where we will come to inconclusive premises and / or results. We may solve this problem of collection in other ways, perhaps some e.g.some collusion or compression with the idea generated between assumptions and expectation s.

Forgive for the philosophic. Bend, trying to get out from under it. That’s another concern, the type of communication used.
J

So we are still laying the groundwork and it reminds me not too get overly far ahead, take it nice and slow, because filling the gaps is mostly approximations of the most likely events between one and the other propositional value.

So time is not the essence as You said, Pilgrim, as with You, and urgency is relative, that can be appraised retroactivalky, com conclusions both of us are still in pretty much in the fog about. Just like one of the first laid down observations that we can not fill up gaps progressively( Jobs) only regressively.

So I am patient and knowing You so far, so are You.

Meanwhile I still owe You a reaction to Your previous comments.

You have yet to ask for some kind of comment on the ones You made ‘re: Your Son, but I neither would like to put my son’s relevance up as ’ dirty laundry’ , so my replies still adhere for the unspoken rule of tit for that. Otherwise, I am getting a lot of invigorating feedback, more than enough to continue.

Another thing left unsolved and untested is the amount and quality of resiliency.I am fairly sure of my margins thus far, but I do want to evaluate and bide by Yours, of which, at this point I am more uncertain then sure.

Still working on Your previous comments and these few paragraphs were meant to lessen and lighten the shades of grey.

First the thought I wanted to share before reading this post:

I feel compelled to paraphrase the Biblical quote I referenced in my previous post:

[b]

[/b]

J … perhaps the universe/cosmos is the collector … at the moment our “collection” goes beyond you and me … to the small community of passive readers … trickling out to each of their respective social/psychic communities.

B

The water in the river has moved on … there’s no way to locate the water that flowed by yesterday. :slight_smile:

We are both trying to let go of the river bank … let the water carry us where it wills. No way of knowing when or where we will struggle to reach the security of the river bank again. Yet again … an issue better left to our unconscious mind to manage.

B

A personal anecdote illustrating how I unwittingly allowed my unconscious mind to guide me. I sat on top of the elephant and made no attempt to influence it. :slight_smile: One of the many occasions where I attempted to “let go of the river bank”.

From my notes on my first long walk June - September 2000
[b]

I have nothing like anything like Your experience, my journeys being never longer then the 23.5 marathons with my children , about say, and I am kind of guessing here, 25 years ago.

You could say that I have had a number of mystical experiences throughout my life.

Now I will interrupt this train of thought to express a feeling/thought I have, which sounds kind borderline, because at times I can’t delineate my feelings from my thoughts or cam happen. Its like a recurrence of a much lower level of being , which has not yet reached the level of conscious existence . When o realize its happening then incam feel these very rudimentary thoughts come up, and I feel then my willpower looses its efficiency and things happen . Since I’m with You in its embryonic forms , and feel rather them know about Your resiliency, the mierpe of my mind can’t distinguish between your bordered area and mine

Just now , coming from my daughter where I usually go to babysit my latest grandson I thought about this, and came upon the idea of allusions, or literature which ties in, and then hoping it would tie into whatever that evolving channel that is slowly developing between us.

In this way the pseudo margins can remain at a middle level , where affrontery, overindulgence , or aloofness can set in.

Now go back to a very popular book even longer since its publication , a. DH Lawrence relic, of which o cam only say, the title infers a wider content them it really is. That is what struck me them and it still does. It was titles , Sons and Lovers. So much for that
And I will try to get a hold of it and pull something out of it that I think would prevent it from being a tie breaker.

We are both of is dealing with sons and fathers and that focus usually pushes our own father outside into the literally grayish background
Which brings me to painting that evolved from the gold lustered middle aged focus of equal attention to both inside and out, inferring a harmony missing today at least on casual inspection .

I did learn something new that long walks bring all kinds of real life hallucinating realities and the compression of Your very long walks will certainly could could bring these about, some of which, in Your case, shows , at least to me , that these cam come about either from the inside , or the out, depending whether your sources are of behavior or action referred or, wether your travels consist like bird like existential glimpses types by sensory thought out models .

If the latter is more prevalent than the compression leads underground and the sun conscious draws in things, spirits, demons or whatever into a typificative force that pulls in these things from the outside. in an effort to neutralize this onnwe force. You are yet beyond classification to my feeling states no clear thought has yet assembled in my mind which could attempt a unified reconstruction. of lets say You at a certain age

Here I stop because You are right about the river, I am deep underwater, can hold my breath and I do, where I can grab unto something and try to leave it , where I feel I willing drown and go ashore for a bit
There went that born again, invisualize a horse, and we are sitting or I. sitting on it and he is a friend and I feel comfortable drifting with it downstream, but wonder if it would be as helpful upstream.

I think one of us will need am accommodation, while we’re at the river’s mercy, one of is need to be swimming upstream while the other upstream so as to see the other one directly, and again referring to more unconscious material graaped by a conscious upstream effort to help the other who is merely drifting down the lazy river

Incidentally what happened to Von Rivers I wonder
Or form that matter the character from Quiet flows the Don

I will have more empty spaces to fill up therefore it is learning on me that perhaps I am the one downstream bit not sure I want to permanently assume that

Yikes … my excitement just got tempered with intimidation.

You are a walking encyclopedia and your most recent walk through some of the less illumined parts of your inner labyrinth is somewhat intimidating … for me at least.

Your comments are so rich it will take me weeks or more to grasp some of the subtleties.

First yet another anecdote that popped out in reading your post … from my third walk … the most difficult and dangerous by far … of my four walks.

From my notes Ruta de la Plata summer of 2003 … I had just completed my walk from Seville to Santiago Compostella.

[b]

[/b]

A couple of thoughts that jumped out at me:

[b]

[/b]

For me, I wwould change one word … the word “lower” to the word “higher”.

[b]

[/b]

You often refer to some written work that when I go to get some information I stumble on something that seems so relevant. In this case two things:

1. My father … the man I never knew. A cousin posted this picture of my dad on FB a few months back. Still a teenager I presume … just before leaving to go overseas and join the war effort. I should add that my father lost his two closest brothers to the war effort … he came back alone.

When I first gazed at the picture of my dad I recognized the man I never knew … I never saw a look like the one on my father’s face in the picture. Maybe you could do me a favor and tell me about my dad … your impressions from the photo.

1. When checking out William Goldman I found the following paragraph … written by Goldman about himself.

[b]

[/b]

The highlighted text reminds me of my reaction to the first occurrence of your word “compression” . I haven’t mentioned it yet but my thinking eventually went to “decompression chamber” . I started to think of my walks as my personal “decompression chamber” . I see Goldman refering to his writings as his personal “decompression chamber” .

Good morning Pilgrim. Just woke up from my slumber, and the first thing that struck me how very ambitious the mind is. I will spend most of the morning in the small cafe that we have our breakfast to devote more time to writing, because I have a fear of a growing suspicion that my work really I’d a lazy man’s way to swim down river. The thought of comparing Buddha and Parmenedes/Heraclitus came to me that I would like to expand upon for Heraclitus the river was a subjective deconstruction where his moorings were undetermined and relative only to his perceptions as for Buddha it was tied or moored between two sides at the same location, in effect of transporting passengers who probably traveled the river in all its length.For Buddha, it was a trancendenta experience.

But later on this

As for Your father, I will study the face and presumably Your mom who is pictured with him and attempt to describe my impressions.

But that, after breakfast.

The overabundance of symbolism has a reason: it is the nearly absolute opening of the doors of perception, as Huxley refers to it, and James Joyce is capable to pull it off.
It is reinforced by various schools of thought, but mostly by aetistox devices which unhapmered, have successfully overcome the resistance through indirect channels , since the first I believe, work had opened the way. Marcel Duchamp’s Nude descending the Stairs was such a milestone from which many others followed

This breaking up of the visual field waa actually a forerunner
and anesthesia to those very disturbed individuals who felt that to let.go of the glorious illuminated texts of prerealism, was almost a sin.

My break time as I have to scroll back and look at Your father and the lady with him, who I am presuming to be Your mother.

He appears young , very hopeful and full of life , who wouldn’t be with a gorgeous doll like the gal beside him.
Maybe its bedore he went to join the WW 1 effort, I would be intrigued to see a picture of him after he came back.Like good old Minnesota from whence Yours truly has gone west after mom got very sick of smoking herself to death gaining maybe 10 more years of like and if I get my act together where I can send picture along. Including my own dad and of course old grand dad, since this regression goes way down the line , confusedly exposing the paradoxically ambiguous dilemma , as to what block the chip is supposed be off from.

Nevertheless , that reduction is prophetically held by its own limit, At most only three generations at most…

Since one picture is worth much more than all the genealogical volumes one can keep his hand on, at the moment I’m pressed to go there verbatim, until I figure out, instead of dwelling in 2 how to get it across paralleling constantly any precept i’ve notion of it coming across /the river.

So that’s my next big project .
My friend of my opening character of whom I will hope to say more , somewhat less them volumes, I may see soon and have some talking with if I find him so inclined , but it is really difficult to talk to him nowedays.

To give You an example, I saw him a few days after that , and all I could get out of him was how thrilled he was to cut down on drink because he found a way to reach heavenly highs by building a foundation with whisky and ginger ale to good grade marijuana. Nonreal problems with the shakes and hangovers nor finding himself in unfamiliar situations morning after

From here downstream , unconventionality . Now I’m searching for the song that phrase enimates from.

Later, it may even more.

When I was young it seemed that life was so wonderful, a miracle, oh it was beautiful, magical,

And all the birds in the trees, well, they’d be singing so happily , joyfully, playfully watching me

But then they send me away to teach me how to be sensible logical , responsible, practical,

And they showed me a world where I could be so dependable , clinical, intellectual, cynical

There are times when all the world is asleep , the questions run too deep for such a simple man

Won’t you please please tell me what we’ve learned I know it sounds absurd but please tell me who I am

Now watch what you say or they’ll be calling you a radical , liberal, fanatical, criminal

Won’t you sign up your name, we’d like to feel you’re acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable

At night when all the world is asleep
The questions run so deep

For such a simple man
Won’t you please please tell me what’s learned
I know it sounds absurd , but please tell me who I am.

Later .

Right or wrong … seems we are clinging to the river bank at the moment … necessary to retain sanity.

Your friend Peter … just reread your opening post … my mind wants to focus on the opening and closing words:

[b]

[/b]

[b]

[/b]

a perfect synopsis of the individual … a tribute to your depth of perception.

sad that your friend hasn’t stumbled on an appropriate “decompression chamber” … a necessary prerequisite to exploit the merit of his time spent in Hell.

PS

I’m reminded of the story of Helen Keller … her time in Hell may have been the reservoir she drew on to construct her impressive contribution to the human family.

More emerging thoughts …

Paraphrasing the question “Who am I” …

What is the contribution I’m being call on to make to the human family?

[b]

[/b]