What are you doing? (Part 1)

At last had my op.

Waiting to go into theatre, a man is approaching, rather awkwardly manipulating crutches. I look at him and realise it is my surgeon! What next. Lost his voice, busted his knee skiing, but still managed to turn up. LOL

The most delicious feeling was when I sort of woke up and realised it was ALL OVER. Hallelujah. I can smell the roses again.

Is the flu virus getting worse?

Lamenting the death of my PC. Joker’s lent me his ipad to peruse the net to price another desktop. Laptops are too limiting in their abilities unless you spend more than a grand or so. I appreciate the upgradability of the old desktop, you have more options to harness power. I’m suffering from computer withdrawal. :imp:

Wishing everyone a Happy Valentine’s Day! :romance-heartbeating: :romance-heartstiny: :romance-heartsthree: :romance-heartbeating:

Diddly squat

Celebrating my new PC. It’s sitting in front of me still in its box. I’m too excited to assemble it. I must slow my roll so I won’t F it up. breathing deeply Be calm jackrabbit! Friggin autocorrect. rolling eyes

[Edit: NOOOoooo! The PC is a ignoramus paperweight until I purchase a newfangled monitor cord! Noooo…the agony of waiting even longer! Lol on the autocorrect.]

Reading up on Musk. Ever since I saw his bio
(that I’m guessing was supposed to be an inspirational piece of sorts) something just did not add up. It just reads like another incredible fairy tale story (with lots of holes in it). youtube.com/watch?v=iJqxtKpZWYA

I’m glad I’m not the only one who sees that something’s off with the while Musk hysteria (and possibly in a very big way):
mileswmathis.com/musk.pdf

Poor Joker will be fighting with me to use his PC for two more weeks cuz that new PC I picked up was a lemon. #-o Modern manufactured defective crap, bogus motherboard or power supply. No breaks for me, I must suffer and suffer good.

Shopping online.

Enjoying the 50+ degrees, warmer weather. Cotton was ecstatic to lengthen our walks. Finally could leave the screen door open for some fresh air. So nice!

Um, have you ever gone here? I would love to go. I’d make a trip to London just to go here.

standard.co.uk/go/london/ba … 36165.html

I haven’t… nor heard of it either. :open_mouth: The interior looks fantastic… and very Le Salon/parlour room, so perfect for those who love Philosophy.

There are a few places, more closer to me, which I sometimes frequent, but I wasn’t impressed. :neutral_face:

Amish women make the most delicious potato salad.

I think Mennonite potato salad is the best.

The Mennonites are an offshoot of the Amish.

My radio station is back on the air, thank God! For a minute (well, over a week), I wondered if they lost their FCC license or sponsorship. Whew! It’s WSSQ 94.3 FM. Q 94.3, I forgive you for scaring me. Love this station, their music is a wide variety of more upbeat songs from the 1970’s until today. It’s a wonderful hodgepodge!

Mentally gearing up for an extended trip to New Orleans to attend my Sister’s wedding where I have to read a long poem during the ceremony. :confused:
No pressure. #-o

Go to Preservation Hall. If you like Jazz, there’s no better place to hear it.

I’ll keep that suggestion in mind.

:happy-jumpeveryone: Happy St. Patty’s Day people! :happy-jumpeveryone:

It’s like, literally the birthplace of jazz. If you don’t go there, then you didn’t go to the birthplace of jazz.

I’ve had I yr.,6mos. without a taste of alcohol or a puff of cigarette. This is extremely hard to do, especially for one who suffers from major depression. Meds and counselors have helped me avoid sinking into the maelstrom of despair. Life goes on. My sister has been diagnosed with a terminal illness. I will have to face the death of a sibling and dear friend. I pray that this ordeal will not prompt me to take up the old habits–the demons that comfort with a curse.