Introduce yourself here <-----

Now that you have at least 5 posts, you will now be able to message others.

I am Destiny.

Does demonology count?

Also there is a difference between Satanism and LHP.
There are multiple demonic factions and hierarchies to choose from.
“Satanist” is a loaded word and it would be good to explain how this works for you.

Hi, I’m Pedro.

You used to know me as pezer and later filmsnob.

Welcome back.
Sorry for my late reply.

Hi! This is John! I love arts, history, philosophy, literature etc. I am a very much curious person, indeed!

Welcome John, looking forward to your further participation.

Hi, I’m Thanathots. Guess the origin of my name and you get a present in your inbox.

I am new here. I was on ThinkingAtheist and found it had closed and, when I googled it, this forum came up.

I enjoy interesting ideas and debate. I particularly like ideas which are controversial and challenging but not ones which are ridiculous. I studied classical political philosophy at university and then law. I’m retired now and spend my time doing as little as I can get away with.

I’m also very old. :frowning:

Welcome aboard.

viewtopic.php?style=9&f=2&t=172984&p=2543717&hilit=Thread+for+old+farts#p2543717

youtu.be/5R-rbzcEM8A

If you call them (enough), they shall come? Hello old buddy/old pal

Hiya everyone! I’m hoping some old faces are still around, xD. I was around 17ish when I joined years ago and recently remembered this site. Boy have I learned a lot since then. I’m 27 now and have been reading my younger self argue with people on subjects I forgot all about. My old username was Xilivai and Xilivai Ferozix, but I don’t remember if I had other usernames. It was a phase xD. I find it funny that I was arguing about addiction and now fully understand what it is xD (I’m a smoker, unfortunately.). Not sure if I agree with my younger self but damn he motivates me to quit, haha. Anyways I’d like to get back into exercising my mind a bit slowly after a rough 10 years.

You’re very welcome here.
We can chat or talk some time if you like.

Greetings, friend.

If you would be so kind to complete the following task, we would very much appreciate it.

Name a three syllable word of latin origin starting with ‘q’ that was often used by a scholastic philosopher who’s name also contains a ‘q’.

Shut it, meno. This question is for tamoke.

Hello Tamoke, and welcome. You had better listen to Promethean75 (he demands we spell his name with a capital P even hough he doesn’t, a sign of Great Humility) if you want to be popular here. He is the philosopher-king of the forum, to speak in a manner of speaking. If not, well, there are plenty of bottom-feeders here too and gosh bless they have some nice talk amongst themselves either.

hint: the answer is not ‘qualia’, ‘qualify’, '‘quality’, 'quantify, or ‘quantity’.

… and don’t think for a minute that you’re gonna come in here, introduce yourself, and then disappear. the true philosopher is not merely ‘interested’ in philosophy, but lives and breathes the shit. if you do not find yourself perplexed by things even of the most benign nature the moment you wake up in the morning… then you are no philosopher. ask yourself this, if you dare; how will you walk from your bed to the bathroom if in doing so, you have to first walk halfway… but in walking halfway… you must first walk half of that distance, and so on, ad infinitum?

how can you be so arrogant as to assume the confidence that you’d ever even arrive at the bathroom? let me guess; you just walk to the bathroom, and that’s that.

in that case, let me offer a complete and utter retraction of this post.

alright well it looks like tamoke bailed on us, so you can go ahead and answer, meno. i know you’re dying to.