Work Easy

By and large we know corporations only care about the bottom line.
They hire as few workers as possible, work them as much as possible, pay them as little possible, with as few benefits and security as possible.

That’s why there’s limits to how much employers can work employees, and how little they can pay them, because if there wasn’t, they’d be working them 16 hours a day, 7 days week for a bowl of rice if they could.
That’s why North America doesn’t manufacture anything anymore, many-most of the important jobs have been shipped overseas, because there’s little-no worker protection standards there.
That’s why our standard of living, with the exception of a few things like cell phones and computers, has been declining since at least the 1980s.

Workers are taught to sell themselves for as much money as possible, and rightfully so, at least we got that part right.
However, there’s a double standard.
Workers are also taught to work as hard as they can.
Why should workers give as much of themselves as they can?
That’s not egoism or even reciprocal altruism, that’s sacrificial altruism, and for someone who doesn’t give two shits about you.

Unless you really love and are passionate about your job, and few people do and are, you should try to get away with working as little as possible, for as much money as possible.
If you can get your employer to believe you’re working hard or moderately when you’re not, why shouldn’t you?
If you can work in an industry or for a company you can get away with slacking, why wouldn’t you at least factor that into what industry/company you want to work in/for?
Why not try to save as much time and energy for yourself and things you really care about, instead of wasting it on ingrates?

People are working harder and harder so fewer and fewer can live high on the hog, at the expense of the environment, which may not survive this century.
I say to hell with productivity, work as little as possible, for what you really need/desire, not for what society tells you, you need/desire.
It’s time workers competed less with each other and cooperated less with corporations.

Nepotism is the answer. You need to make friends with people who can give you easy jobs that pay a lot of money.

That’s basically what I do now as I work part time so that one day I can put myself back through school. (Either that or world war III, economic collapse, and the world crumbles overnight, not that it matters either way.)

All factory, production, manufacturing, and warehouse work in the United States is temp, it’s not even worth working in those occupations anymore. It is all risk and no reward in those fields. You’re so disposable in what small amounts of jobs like those that are left in the United States that is is beyond pathetic.

If I had to describe the United States economy now I would describe it as a disposable temporary precarious workforce where workers get shafted by everybody.

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but yourself can free your mind.

I’m a janitor, my employer rarely comes to check up on me.
I only work about 50% of the time I’m there.

The trick is finding a job with little oversight, and learning to discern the difference between what they want you to do, and what you have or need to do, to keep people from complaining.
For example, they want you to vacuum carpets everyday, but it takes a while for dirt to build up to the point where it’s noticeable, so you can vacuum them once a week, or even once a month, and take a load off instead, or just sweep them a little here and there.

When I start a new job, I usually give 90%-100% just to get my foot in the door.
Then incrementally get a little slacker and slacker until either people complain, or I think they might start complaining.
That’s how I know I’m now below 50% (unsatisfactory), than I’ll pick up the slack a bit, and if they stop complaining, that’s when I know I’m doing the minimum amount of work in order to keep my job.
After working in the same industry (and the same company) for a while, you get good at knowing what you can and can’t get away with.

I mean at the same time you want to be secure with your employer, so you may want to give a little more than 50%, say 60 or 70%, or ideally they’ll think you’re giving 110% when you’re only giving 60% or 70%, because what people don’t notice doesn’t hurt them.

Also, in my industry the emphasis should be on the big picture and presentation, the areas people are going to notice, not the details, you can let the details slide for a while until they get really bad, or just do them every so often, now and then.
Some companies are more slack themselves too, they may suffer from lack of oversight, or they may just be easy going folks, who focus on quantity, doing a cheap, half ass job for their customers, not quality, so those’re the kinds of companies you want to work for, not hard cases.

@Zero Sum

Myself I have absolutely no interest in going back to school.
I don’t have the energy or patience for it, and I don’t like being told what to do, especially what to think.
Plus my credit isn’t so good, I doubt I could qualify for a loan, and even if I could, knowing myself and the economy these days, I’ll probably be stuck trying to repay it for the rest of my life, and there’s no way I’m going to work full time for years trying to save up to pay for school myself, I don’t have the discipline, nor the drive.

I’ve also developed a hatred for academia, I think it’s authoritarian, I don’t trust mainstream science or medicine, which, other than philosophy, are probably the fields I’d be most interested in studying anyway, if I was to go back to school.
I may get some training within the next few years to move up the ranks in the industry I’m currently in, make several dollars more than I am now, but that’s about it.
I’m a minimalist, if I make more money, I’m not holding my breath, it’ll be a byproduct of doing what I enjoy doing: philosophy, writing and things like that, not from what I’m hired to do.

All of that is definitely a possibility.
As I’ve said I think civilization as we know it is going to collapse sometime before the end of this century, but I don’t know exactly when.
And yea, if it does collapse, people who’re prepping may be in a better position to deal with the aftermath than those who aren’t.
Only time will tell.

Yup, increasingly we’re more disposable, they’d probably like to just get rid of some of us rather than share some of their wealth, maybe they’ll unleash some killer viruses they’ve concocted in their laboratories, or some other plagues on the unsuspecting masses, or with our birth rates declining, maybe they won’t have to.

That about sums it up, unfortunately.

Yeah, it’s all about what you’re comfortable with and if you’re comfortable with less living a minimalist approach to life nothing wrong with that. I am not where I am at currently not by choice which sucks as I am very ambitious and motivated to do or have more but at this point I am tolerating my current situation as it is about as good as it is going to get with the horrific social economic environment of the United States. I see myself adapting to a horrible situation that is entirely out of my control. No matter what the west is deteriorating very quickly which makes planning anything almost impossible with great amount of uncertainty everywhere. Like you I see us edging more closely to the abyss which will happen in our lifetime. I have no love for modern academia either but I understand the necessity of utilizing it for my own purposes in getting ahead if possible.

Most of the preppers are overprivileged wankers who have never experienced real survival, struggle, or misery outside of their gated communities, they’ll be easy pickings in the years ahead whether they have hired armed security or not. I am not even worried about all that.

I’ll make sure to thank them collecting all the armaments that they’ve accumulated for years after I steal them all from them along with anything else. I’ll leave them little thank you letters everywhere.

I’m more worried about possible nuclear strike zones and trying to circumvent around them somewhere I can hold up for years if need be. I’ve already scouted some possible locations for that.

As for what the rest you said all I can say is that they’ve been killing all of us slowly for many decades now if you get my drift on that.

@Zero Sum

Yea, each to their own.
I never liked how society pressures us to be maximalists.
I don’t need much more than I already have materially, which isn’t a lot.
Maybe someday I’ll own my own apartment in a small town, my own cleaning company, an emergency stockpile.

Currently I’m fortunate I only have to work part time, but that could easily change one day, a prospect I’m not looking forward to.

Yea, the game is rigged, with a lot of luck and hard work you might be able to get ahead a little, but not everyone is so lucky, nor is everyone equally able/willing to be so disciplined.
As the years go by, it’s becoming increasingly difficult just to get by, leaving more and more people behind.
eventually due to multiple factors we’ve already covered, from the deepening chasm between rich and poor to the artificial, capitalist scarcity we have now, giving way to genuine scarcity, the economy will begin to permanently descend, and then getting ahead, especially by conventional means, will be impossible, most people will be fortunate to hang onto a modicum of what they have.

It’ll be every man for himself: famine, pestilence, revolution, warfare, many millions, if not billions dead.
Decentralization: individuals and small groups becoming increasingly hostile to/suspicious of one another, and insular.
It’ll be a new world, and none of us can predict exactly how things will play out.

Yup, soft kill: chemtrails, aluminum and barium in the air, artificial sweeteners/neurotoxins like aspartame and sucralose in food, fluoride in water, radiation from phones and computers, cancer viruses in vaccines…

:laughing:

With my luck I’ll sleep through it, but if not I’m grabbing a recliner and soaking up the rays rather than dealing with the agonizing aftermath either living in a hole or slowly wasting away from disease. It’ll never happen. Most likely the sun will fart and our power grid will fizzle. I heard it takes 6 months to build a transformer from scratch and that’s with electricity. We’d be without juice for years. And probably right after our trucking switches to Tesla’s electric fleet.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPcZ_5uCldg[/youtube]

All you need to know is what areas of your country if it is big is out of range from intercontinental ballistic missiles. In the United States this includes western Kansas, western Nebraska, Wyoming, and most of Idaho. I also imagine if you’re in Canada a lot of the northern segments of central Canada would do also. If you live in any kind of coastal area you’re screwed.

Other things to concern oneself with also is what areas of your nation are there nuclear plants, you want to be at least a hundred miles away from them. Also, you may survive an initial nuclear strike but radiation debris in the air jet streams that flow around the entire planet is something else to worry about. Find something underground preferably with thick concrete walls up to a year when facing with that, after a year or two you should be fine to go on the surface.

As a reminder this only works with limited nuclear strikes or war, if there is a global exchange of nuclear weapons everybody is screwed with sunlight blocked from the earth’s surface for about twenty years.