What's for dinner?

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Moderator: MagsJ

Re: What's for dinner?

Postby WendyDarling » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:02 am

Salmon burgers, potato rounds, and salads.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Arcturus Descending » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:43 pm

Wendy,

Have you ever considered applying for a job as a chef in a restaurant?
You might just get hired.
“How can a bird that is born for joy
Sit in a cage and sing?”
― William Blake

“Little Fly
Thy summers play,
My thoughtless hand
Has brush'd away.

Am not I
A fly like thee?
Or art not thou
A man like me?

For I dance
And drink & sing:
Till some blind hand
Shall brush my wing.

If thought is life
And strength & breath:
And the want
Of thought is death;

Then am I
A happy fly,
If I live,
Or if I die”
― William Blake, Songs of Innocence and of Experience

“No bird soars too high if he soars with his own wings.”
― William Blake
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby WendyDarling » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:11 pm

You are too sweet, Arc. :wink: I'm sure no restaurant wants any insurance claims brought on by a chef's disastrous ways...fire! fire! fire! I'm like a tornado in the kitchen that now when glass or china crashes against the floor, Joker arrives with the broom and dustpan and handles it. He's so thoughtful it tickles my insides. However, I appreciate your vote of confidence on my finished products. Thank you! :D
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby WendyDarling » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:30 pm

Baked pork chops, baked potatoes with sour cream, and a corn and black beans mix.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby WendyDarling » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:19 pm

A rotisserie chicken and red beans & rice. No veggies? Bad, bad Wendy! :evilfun: :lol:
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Arcturus Descending » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:55 pm

WendyDarling wrote:You are too sweet, Arc. :wink: I'm sure no restaurant wants any insurance claims brought on by a chef's disastrous ways...fire! fire! fire! I'm like a tornado in the kitchen that now when glass or china crashes against the floor, Joker arrives with the broom and dustpan and handles it. He's so thoughtful it tickles my insides. However, I appreciate your vote of confidence on my finished products. Thank you! :D

I am not sweet. I am a fierce dragon, Wendy. As one, I can *see* a scrumptious meal when I *see* it and *smell* it.
You must really love the Joker. You put so much preparation and love into his meals and yours.

Ah, but do not also forget the fire extinguisher. [-o<
“How can a bird that is born for joy
Sit in a cage and sing?”
― William Blake

“Little Fly
Thy summers play,
My thoughtless hand
Has brush'd away.

Am not I
A fly like thee?
Or art not thou
A man like me?

For I dance
And drink & sing:
Till some blind hand
Shall brush my wing.

If thought is life
And strength & breath:
And the want
Of thought is death;

Then am I
A happy fly,
If I live,
Or if I die”
― William Blake, Songs of Innocence and of Experience

“No bird soars too high if he soars with his own wings.”
― William Blake
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby WendyDarling » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:12 pm

Beef Stroganoff with onions, mushrooms, and possibly cheddar cheese and a side salad.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby WendyDarling » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:26 pm

Grilled chicken fettuccine Alfredo with garlic bread.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby WendyDarling » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:44 pm

Scalloped potatoes with ham chunks, onions, and bell peppers.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby WendyDarling » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:46 am

A stuffed chicken and cheese smothered broccoli.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:52 am

I had some kind of pork belly appetizer, a dry aged ribeye, some mac and cheese and then a bowl of berries with whipped cream.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby WendyDarling » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:17 pm

Homemade pizzas with mild sausage, sliced pepperoni, red and green bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, olives and mozzarella cheese.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby MagsJ » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:25 pm

Waiting on a (posh) chicken n chips to finish cook.. all Organic and oven-baked, and not a breadcrumb in sight ;)
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby WendyDarling » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:58 am

Beef tacos and fixings.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby MagsJ » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:41 pm

WendyDarling wrote:Can you use any kind of organic flour to make the shells yourself? Ground beef? What about taco or fajita seasonings? Diced lettuce, tomatoes, and green chilis or jalepenos and you'll be having taco time. :-k There must be some way that it can happen and taste delicious.

I can but only dream.. of what they would taste like, Wendy.. delicious, I bet. :|
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby MagsJ » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:46 pm

A medium-cooked free-range chuck steak, with mashed celeriac and mashed sweet potato..
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby WendyDarling » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:37 am

Mags,
I had to Google celeriac to discover it was a turnip. You Brits have access to a lot of interesting vegetables, many of which I've never heard of. Does it actually have a celery flavor?

Tonight's fare...chili.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby WendyDarling » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:03 am

Baked, marinated pork ribs, mashed potatoes, and a salad with an oriental flare.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby WendyDarling » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:07 pm

Joker and I will be partaking in a belated Valentine's Day family dinner with prime rib, baked potatoes, rice pilaf, creamed corn, salad, dinner rolls and my Grandmother's frozen dump dessert. I need to get that recipe from my Mom it's so deceptively delicious.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby WendyDarling » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:58 am

Baked salmon, baked potatoes, and a salad.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby WendyDarling » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:10 pm

Joker's heart attack special.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby WendyDarling » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:05 am

Grilled muenster and Colby Jack cheese sandwiches dipped in tomato soup.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Mr Reasonable » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:34 am

Steak with an egg and some sweet potato fries all drizzled with a bacon vinaigrette.
Attachments
0227181957a_resized.jpg
0227181957a_resized.jpg (165.01 KiB) Viewed 1644 times
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby MagsJ » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:00 pm

Waiting on the best/tastiest/aromatic/delicious Indian takeout in town.. chicken jalfrezi-balti, Bombay aloo (that's Bombay potato to you and I) and a couple of popadums.

Starving. :-"
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby MagsJ » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:40 pm

WendyDarling wrote:Mags,
I had to Google celeriac to discover it was a turnip. You Brits have access to a lot of interesting vegetables, many of which I've never heard of. Does it actually have a celery flavor?

It does, but slightly milder.. it's ok, but mooli is next on my list of untried foods to try.
MagsJ
The Londonist

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat