What are you doing? (Part 1)

Dinner smells divine! :sunglasses:

Mr R wrote:

Tell me more.

Different? How?

At the moment it is 107 degrees with a hot North wind.

Best place to be, in a cool courtyard under the shade of a grapevine sipping something very cold and icy, perhaps a tall slender glass of champagne, or an icy cold beer, or a glass of raspberry cordial with ice cubes and mint leaves.

Well, off the top of my head, I think it recognizes the truth of the need for at the very least a “separate but equal” sort of view of the 2 sexes. There’s few things as tragic as a world where women are shamed out of their femininity and made to feel as though the only way to really be a woman is to be a stereotype of a man. Not everything has to be a competition, and it’s not healthy to always think of interactions with others in terms of who’s going to dominate who…but that’s where a lot of square people are mentally.

I’m laying in bed, blankets wrapped around me and stuffing my face with chocolate like the woman that I am.

Disturb at your own risk

#-o I totally blanked out my Aunt’s funeral earlier. Senility at long last. Luckily, I was only five minutes late for the thoughtful send off.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOKER!!! :occasion-birthdaymulticolor: :happy-wavemulticolor:

Mr R wrote:

Off the top of my head, I always thought a pimp was a man, who controls and arranges clients for prostitutes and from memory on one occasion where I photographed some prostitutes at a brothel the general consensus was there was a distinct lack of respect and affection for men, which when one thinks about it, men in these circumstances are not on their best behaviour. As far as femininity goes when discussing prostitutes, their behaviour is decidedly fake and acted out and the very best of these earn the most money.

I would put prostitutes at the bottom of the rung as they tend to be masculine and aggressive in their behaviour when left to their own devices.

Today, a truly feminine woman seems to be an exception not the norm and when you happen to meet a woman of this calibre she certainly stands out from the tainted masses.

oh manni, you get menstrual cramps too?

Describe this woman because I haven’t met anyone in this era remotely feminine in the traditional sense of that word. My Great Aunt Mary may have been such a lady in her day, but she never married, instead she took care of her ailing parents when she was in her prime. We all swore that she was still the Virgin Mary when she died at 91. She was soft spoken, witty, girlie but not gawdy, well read, would do anything for the family, fair in the face and disposition, but she never dated that I can remember. I don’t remember her even being around any single men or flirting, so that may not of ever happened in my lifetime. What else makes one of these ladies?

I can’t be as precise as you have been, I see it as a ‘recognition’ of the feminine in a woman. For me it as an earthy sophistication coupled with intelligence and the appreciation and respect of the man in her life, although I must emphasise she does not necessarily need a man in her life to be satisfied, but if there is one she appreciates his worth and embraces his qualities. I have met a couple of women that fit this description and they were fixed deeply on my memory.

How could you better describe “earthy sophistication?” I may be catching your drift.

Yes.

On my second peanut butter and jelly sandwich…only craving PB&J. What is going on?

Breaking it down will lose it’s relevance.

Joker has asked me to pass along his thanks for your best wishes, so :text-thankyoublue:.

Found a new poison… lavender and thyme tea, clipped from the herb garden… refilling the cup throughout the day with freshly boiled water… sipping the brew throughout the day. A proven relaxant… the rum can wait for the weekend.

Listening to a recent purchase, the greatest band evers singles collection years '81-'98 on cd. Four glorious discs. I’m so happy! :smiley:

You bought CDs?

Yes. I love tangible items and my car has a cd player that I like to make use of.