The epoch of ritual and language is coming to a close.

Just returned from my morning walk … experienced an epiphany … a bit early since the Feast of the Epiphany is tomorrow. :smiley:

I’m a theist and have consistently understood/expressed my unusual experience(s) of the past 25 years in religious/spiritual terms. While I remain a theist … this morning I came to see these same unusual experience(s) nested in the realm of science … the very recently discovered science … the science of neurons, neuron pathways, neuron circuitry and neuron plasticity … NP&C. A convergence of science and religion/spirituality.

Yesterday, in this thread I wrote … “neurons slip off the rails so to speak”.

Today, my thinking has matured some … neurons don’t slip off the rails … rather an individual’s mind NP&C ruptures … the image of a train wreck comes to mind … an extension of my “slip off the rails” metaphor.

Rupture.jpg

Mags … if you are reading this … I’m reminded of the picture you posted of an old rusted, delapidated, non functional train … attempting to explain your personal experience with a NP&C rupture.

The event referred to above as a rupture is universally known … witnessed by the emergence and proliferation of psychology, psychiatry and mind altering chemicals in the past century, as remedies for ruptures within the human mind … remedies for abrupt disturbances of well established individual NP&C.

Biblical narratives that conform to known science are much more credible. For example, the Biblical Narrative of John the Baptist. The story implies that John abandoned his former community … comfort zone … and adopted an extremely harsh lifestyle in the desert. This story fits with a NP&C rupture. Abandoning one’s former ECO system is required in order for the new and emerging NP&C to take hold and grow. Remaining in the former ECO system the new and emerging NP&C would almost certainly snap back to the former state. As a matter of fact psychologists and psychiatrists attempt to facilitate this “snap back” action.

My personal experience confirms this fact … until today I explained the above science as temptation. I now realize there is no such thing as temptation … only NP&C’s competing within a single mind.

Another interesting aspect of the Biblical Narrative of John the Baptist is that once a new NP&C has taken root in a small community of minds … aka … the Essenes … it can not be snuffed out by man. In their attempts to snuff it out they killed John … later killed Jesus … later killed the followers of Jesus. After a couple hundred years of killing they turned to a new strategy … put your arms around your enemy … embrace them and manipulate/exploit this new NP&C for your personal agenda. Almost two thousand years later this strategy no longer works so well … what is the alternative?

Back to NP&C and rupture.

As mentioned above … NP&C ruptures have occurred across time and space since the beginning of time … ergo … a natural phenomenon.

OTH begs the question … can a NP&C rupture be precipitated by man?

1. In the case of an individual? … absolutely … countless examples throughout human history.

2. In the case of a group of people? … absolutely … mob psychology/behavior. Riot psychology/behavior is simply mob psychology/behavior on a larger scale.

3. On a massive scale? … we are about to find out. The current obsession with AI and robotics can only be explained by an anticipated or planned … which one is irrelevant … massive disruption of humanity’s NP&C’s.

A transfer on consciousness to computers that reads images only without labeling them, long after human beings have went extinct to ritualize anything? I’m trying to understand.

Unknowing … I hope this morning’s epiphany will facilitate your understanding. :slight_smile:

The trajectory charted by the evolution of the human species can only culminate in a single outcome … “Oneness”. The only unanswered question is what will this “oneness” look like? We may learn what this outcome will look like sooner than we think. :slight_smile:

John 17:21
“That they may all be one”

This “oneness” is also depicted in the OT Biblical Narrative of the “Tower of Babel”. I have long considered this narrative a prophetic vision rather than the conventional interpretation as an historical event.

Three reference points illustrating the unfolding of the “Tower of Babel” are:

1. The ancient silk road connecting the West with the East.

2. The libraries of Alexandria … Cleopatra’s attempt to pool human knowledge … remove language barriers … a regional event.

3. The WWW … with a global and timeless scope … and the global obsession with surveillance … the big brother syndrome … attempting to capture thoughts and activities not intended for the public forum.

We are currently living in the final stage of the Tower of Babel narrative. I see three possible outcomes:

1. The emergence of huge storage vaults where carefully harvested human eggs and sperm are housed and manipulated with current GMO technologies to produce the perfect humanoid. A completely docile creature whose only purpose in life is to serve their master … known in folk lore as the Anti Christ. Harbingers of this outcome are abundantly self evident.

2. A cosmic reconfiguration of prevailing neuron pathways and circuitry of all life forms on the planet. The emergence of the cosmic Christ … known in folk lore as Jesus Christ.

[b]

[/b]

Scant evidence supports this outcome.

1. The planet will experience … yet again … another ice age. The harshness of the last ice age still lingers in the shadows of our collective memory. Recent record cold temperatures lend credibility to this outcome.

I like your post, man. You give a lot to think about.

Having just seen your comment… I will reply to your post soon pilgrim_seeker_tom

In the human mind what is seen as spiritual amounts to parables about actual physical events. Thus, the story continues, so long as we remain human. This does not make the spiritual concepts less spiritual. The parables can be assessed as more or less accurate translations of neuronal activity. We recognize gods and heroes because they exist in the human brain. This is not an insight into solipsism or idealism. It is an explanation for how we think as we do.

I look forward to your comments Mags

Ierrellus … while I may not always agree with your comments, I always find them to be constructive. This morning I’m struggling to grasp your intentions … you mention terms like solipsism that are far too complex for my simple mind.

Here’s my gut reaction:

1. Firing neurons are a priori … nothing happens in the human mind … or body for that matter … until some neurons start firing.

2. I know nothing about neurons. OTH … my motorized donkey has a single spark plug. I know the donkey does nothing if this single spark doesn’t fire. OTH … if the spark plug fires a multitude of stuff/functionality is set into “available for action” mode. I assume a similar relationship exists in the human brain/body.

3. My posts in this thread are the fruit of neurons firing away in my brain and throughout various parts of my body … fingers, eyes etc.

4. Most readers of my posts conclude my neurons malfunctioned … maybe so. :slight_smile:

Of course the neuronal firings came first. I’m only saying that the mind interprets neuronal activities as parables. I’ve been accused of solipsism by asserting that the kingdom is within, that is to say we are equipped with internal or endogenous activities from which we intuit external spiritual realities, Schweitzer thought so. In other words, we are created to believe in a Creator.
I’d recommend the book “What Makes Us Think” by Changeaux and Ricoeur . In that book a neuroscientist and a philosopher debate about whether or not ethics can be traced to physical events, the firing of neurons, etc. It’s a short book, well worth the reading time.

Just read a bit about Schweitzer and “What Makes Us Think” by Changeaux and Ricoeur. For me, they simply amplify the well known shortcomings of human language … indirectly related to the theme of this thread.

Neuroscience tells us neurons fire … create identifiable pathways and circuitry. So a group of neurons fire … and another group of neurons … or perhaps the same group … fire … the consequence being the creation of some human language intended to communicate the “message” to neurons in other human brains.

If true … this confirms the ultimate futility of human language.

Apparently the human brain has about 100 billion neurons. Apparently our galaxy has about 100 billion stars. Maybe this is where the intuition “the kingdom is within” comes from. :slight_smile: Though how many galaxies exist in the universe?

Is the anatomy of a neuron consistent across all life forms?

Still seems rational that neuroscience is a harbinger of an epoch change in human communication … neuron to neuron communication bypassing the need for human language. :slight_smile:

My neurons are still firing away! :smiley:

The human brain is simply a receiver/transmitter device.

The mind is a completely separate and distinct entity.

Lends credibility to the ancient Greek intuition of a universal mind … “nous”

Perhaps the notions of “will to live” and “will to power” need to be re-examined … perhaps. :slight_smile:

Words are vehicles. Meanings and intuitions are their passengers. Other than by telepathy, which does not seem to be headed toward replacing the known vehicles, what could we use to communicate intersubjectively?

Trust expressed through the host of other vehicles such as body language through touch or simple gestures. We do so love to complicate life with our verbability. :evilfun:

Ierrellus … I love your metaphor … it’s so poignant! :slight_smile:

Reminds me of some Indian folklore:

1. The Indians were baffled when they learned that “human words” could travel by making marks on a piece of paper … they had no written language at the time.

2. The Indian term “talking wires” at the emergence of telephony.

… and the explosive evolution of technology:

1. The initial excitement with fax machines … the intro of digital transmission of pics.

2. The initial excitement with cell phones … the transmission of voice without wire.

3. The initial excitement of smart phones and their much expanded functionality.

4. The viewing of brain activity on computer screens.

Perhaps todays’ super techies can answer your question … perhaps. :slight_smile:

Nice to hear from you Wendy … with the year of the Fire Rooster coming to a close seems you still have considerable oomph … your post is profound! :slight_smile:

1. Apparently we have 2,000 or so sensors on the tip of our index fingers … presumably these sensors have bidirectional functionality. A gentle touch of the index finger can send powerful neuronal sensations to the receiver … though no conscious understanding of the “message” .

2. Trust is the roadblock … and a yuge roadblock at that!! Apparently the presence or absence of trust seriously impacts the outcomes of telepathy experiments. May also explain why telepathy experiments involving dogs are much more successful … dogs aren’t so cheesy with their trust. :smiley:

The problem with words is that there are too many passengers per vehicle. For example the word “love” is bloated with diverse meanings.
So is "communication’.

Bingo! :slight_smile:

… and adding to that … too many vehicles!

Traffic Jam.jpg

Excessive traffic … words … undermine trust … bring real communication to a crawl.

Trust and communication are intrinsically interconnected … no trust … no effective communication.

The “Fake News” meme is a classic example of an attempt to undermine trust … on a massive scale.

[b]

[/b]

[b]

[/b]

Source:

patriotrising.com/2018/01/09/sma … %EF%B8%8F/

Was it Marx who first said … “religion is opium for the masses”?

We all know religion as “opium” hasn’t been working so well for a while.

What’s the replacement?

Must be one … the masses cannot be allowed to think for themselves. :smiley:

Today … rather than a preacher on every corner and a church in every village we have a smart phone in every hand and the published content … censored and controlled … is the “dogma/doctrine” du jour. :slight_smile:

Doctrine Du Jour expressed eloquently by Jon Rappoport

[b]

[/b]

Brain-Computer-Interface.png

Source: jonrappoport.wordpress.com/2018 … interface/

It was an old abandoned Orient Express, left to rust… of which there are many. I wonder if those involved with their life cycle ever thought that they would end up like that… left to decay from rust and neglect?

There’s something beautiful in decay and destruction…they’re irreversible for one, but they can be fixed - is the imagery envisioned a metaphor for a need to be fixed? and how would we know of what? In my case I had reached the end of the line, and saw a need for my chassis to be revamped and my spark plugs rested. The process is well under way. :slight_smile:

Why temptation? Of what? Of daily responses to things/thoughts?