The meaning of life is ...

To live. To experience life. The ups and downs of living. This includes feeling the feelings associated with the mystery behind the meaning of life.

When I am not content with simple definition, a lack of complex purpose pervades and I want to die.

So live life.

The purpose[s] of life can be abstracted from empirical evidences of what had been and is going on in life on Earth, and therefrom polished such purpose[s] with refined philosophical justifications.

Example of one purpose in life.
From personal experiences and empirical evidence of life on Earth there is one critical purpose for the male and female, i.e. fuck and reproduce the next generation.
However based on evidences and philosophical rationalization there is a need to provide for exceptions [homosexuality, mastebations, sex for pleasure, etc.] to the above.

Once one have understood how the various purposes and variations apply to oneself, then one need to align and flow with those related purposes.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flow_(psychology

The above is merely one example. In reality one has to understand the whole set-up of humanity within the Universe to understand the whole range of meanings of life and how to ‘flow’ with it.

There was a time in the internet when people asked that question and that is all in which I responded. I wonder if my words had weight to spread so much so that people in general have begun to come to a consensus. But maybe not. But I do know it was odd that nobody had that answer when I saw these questions being asked decades ago on the internet. Now, this answer is common. Maybe I give myself too much credit, but I do wonder about the speed of which the thoughts we say can travel.

Please give yourself credit. I did not orginate on this. Thoughts and ideas do travel. Thanks.

I am an absurdist so see no objective meaning to life per se only the subjective ones we give our own lives
Nothing is true in the grand scheme of things as everything only matters in the here and now no where else
Whatever meaning ones give their life will cease to be on point of death for beyond that meaning cannot be

I have not decided yet whether or not “meaning” is innate but I find that what is capable of giving life meaning is the individual’s conscious realization of the below ~~

[tab][youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbQxF54fbso[/youtube][/tab]

:happy-sunshine:

From an information perspective(the current revolution):

• Meaning is an expression of information and everything can be expressed as information so therefore meaning is an expression of everything.

Unless I messed that up somehow.

:smiley:

I talked a little bit with Fausto about creating and destroying meaning.
I said one should be careful with destroying or abandoning meanings.
Then he said we should be also careful about what meanings we create.

Restraint. Caution. Consideration.

Sometimes little things are essential for life.
Would you wreck a bird’s nest? For example.
This little twist of shrubs.
But it means the world to the bird that made it.

Some people “Love” god so much they can’t live without him.
Breaking his dreams is not doing him a favor.

Would that also Include the experience of those “aha” moments, rapturous and ecstatic moments?
After all, we are not computers or robots, are we?

Arcturus Descending

Using an information perspective need not detract from the beauty of life, it is just another way of looking at things.

Of course - an “aha” moment would be yet another expression just as ecstasy itself.

No we are not.

I imagine information has a beauty of its own - like the information contained within your favorite poem.

The meaning of life is the definition of the word. The purpose of life is to live without having a purpose in mind.

Without having a purpose in mind? That sounds scary - my mind tells me that I should have some purpose and when I do have purpose then I feel motivated.

I know the feeling.

Why can’t each of us choose the meaning of our life? I do recommend choosing wisely, and sticking with what I call “universal morals” - which is essentially one of Kant’s two definitions of morals if I understand right, namingly the one that says that if a moral is so clearly true that any rational person would agree to it, then it is a universal moral. I’d say any meaning of life that you choose that abides by universal morals is fair game, and you should pick the meaning of your life to be something that’s very interesting and exciting to you. It makes life more fun, and gives you a mission to accomplish during your time here on earth.

Buddhists would probably say we should also seek to end our suffering while doing good in the world, I think that’s a wise goal to add to any meaning of life you decide to give yourself. Buddhism has quite a bit of valuable wisdom to teach, for those who seek it out.