God is an Impossibility

And Prism, let’s not forget;

By your own definition of “Truth”, “intersubjective consensus”, you are wrong because everyone here agrees that you are wrong.

Everyone?? where is the proof?

Even if it is every one here [10+ or so posters] I am not bothered as long as my argument is rational and sound and has consensus [intersubjectively] within the greater philosophical community i.e. the giants and members of Western, Eastern, etc.

If Copernicus had succumbed to the ‘truths’ of the majority, we may still be believing the Sun physically revolves around the Earth.

Oh, oh, I see. So do you have the poll of that exclusive community so as to prove that you are holy and right?

As long as you are here and saying those same things, HERE you are going to be wrong.

But you are correct in that YOU don’t care.

We have all seen how arrogant and narcissistic you are with your sermons.

And as I told you, everyone one of those defining clauses are meant to agree. They are not different uses for the same word, merely varied ways of explaining it. You attempt to leave out the two that clarify the issue because they prove you wrong.

Do you have a consensus “within the greater philosophical community”?

Isn’t the real consensus that the existence of God can neither be proved nor disproved?

A god that loves us and is really strong would be able to do a little materialization here and there, upgrade or heal a person, etc.
You don’t need to be all powerful to do that.

God and love are different things / paradigms.
I realize that, but:
Real things seem mostly provable. And if God is super real, he should be super provable, too.

There are people who say that God appeared and/or talked to them. The skeptics say that didn’t happen.

There are many claimed/documented cures. The skeptics say that they didn’t happen.
:confusion-shrug:

It’s also possible that God is completely indifferent to humans. Or that He thinks it’s better for humans to solve their own problems.

Depends on what you mean by “provable” but generally proofs are difficult except in limited cases.

I know miracles happen. But they aren’t exactly consistent or intelligible. A god that has limits, could do small miracles, while falling short to police the world and heal the sick. It’d be best if he prevented the creation of nuclear weapons, for example.

Indifferent means he doesn’t want worship or obedience, right?

One has to be careful not to start thinking that “God ought to do the things that I think ought to be done”.

Indifferent means that He neither loves nor hates humans - He doesn’t care.

I don’t think that God wants worship or obedience. But that’s just my opinion.

no matter what we think or want, personally, im sure genetic modifications, and AI, will “play god”, while the gods of the masses, also allowed things like mass extinctions in earth’s history. People wont be protected, saved, etc. Why would god destroy or allow the destruction of the majority of all earth life’s species? If he or it made them in the first place. It is like a parent making a big family then gunning them all down one day.

This may not be worded perfectly, but, the message should be clear:
A good god creates a good world.
A bad god creates a world of death, suffering, and loss.

The world is as it is. You can choose to change the things what are within your power and control. Or not.

Is that a truism ?
“You can effect the world, if you can effect the world.”

If I had god powerz id definitely upgrade reality.
If I don’t, who will?

I didn’t write that. I wrote that you had a choice.

You might also want to remember that it isn’t YOUR world.

Note most of the points I made are supported by the giants of philosophy, i.e. Kant, Hume, Wittgenstein, Nietzsche, Russell, Buddhism [other Eastern Religions] and others. These great philosophers has a large share of consensus with many people.

Note there are many strong atheists who just don’t give a damn and reject God’s existence outright as a ridiculous claim. We share the same views but I justified my claim and leaving no doubts via reason with arguments [OP].

Nope this view belong to a minority of agnostics.

The majority of theists believed it is “proven” [from their own experiences and other theists] God is very real ‘empirically’ to the extent God will listens and answers their prayers, and most of all will assure them of salvation with eternal life in a real heaven [up there, some with virgins].

That is why you have a narrow and shallow view.

In term as a human being ‘you’ have a 1/7+ billionth share of the World which you have contributed in co-creating the World-as-it-is with other living things and things.
From day one of breathing, eating, farting and shitting, you have been a contributor to reality-as-it-is. With your next breath you have created a new reality-as-it-is from reality-as-it-was [one second ago].

The above is one clue why you as a human being cannot be totally independent of the reality which you are part and parcel and has co-created.

So you think by being one of 7 billion humans, you OWN the world?

That explains a lot. :confused:

I was referring to a consensus in the “greater philosophical community” which has a higher standard of proof than the “man in the street”. I doubt that most people know what proof is.

Misleading and rhetorical again.
Where did I say “I OWN the world”.

I stated above;
you have a 1/7+ billionth share of the World which you have contributed in co-creating the World-as-it-is with other living things and things.

I did not mean ‘share’ as in the share-market, where I can trade my ‘shares.’

In the above I meant co-share as a contributor and participator with 7+ billion humans.

Why must god be perfect? All you’ve proved is that you can put up a strawman and knock it down.

You setup impossible conditions, state that god must be subject to those conditions, then claim you’ve proved something.

Who cares what a theist wants? I’m interested in what is, not what other people want.

Then disprove inferior gods. The title is “God is an Impossibility”. You didn’t qualify in the title which gods and it’s false advertising. Prove Brahman does not exist.

Why? :confusion-shrug: Why would a perfect god create imperfect stuff?

So the god that you’re proving nonexistent must be perfect so that other nonexistent gods do not kick his ass? :confusion-scratchheadblue:

Oh I see. So the title of the thread should be changed to “A Perfect God is an Impossibility, But All Other Gods May Be possible.” Wherein you define perfection as impossible, stuff god in the condition, and claim you’ve proved something useful.

I want to know if you have ever admitted you’re wrong about anything? Or are you absolutely perfect?

You’re a good example of how smart people are able to defend bad ideas :nerd: scottberkun.com/essays/40-why-sm … bad-ideas/

The thing is, though, that I measure intelligence by one’s propensity to be wrong, because in order to be right, you must first be willing to be wrong and accept correction. If you can’t be wrong, you can never be right… it’s like a blockage that prevents further progress.

:animals-dogrun: You’re running around frantically searching for ways to salvage this failing “proof” of yours because you bought it before you took it for a test drive complete with thorough inspection or else you could have easily admitted its flaws. Nobody wants to admit they bought a lemon, but I suggest you start making lemonade because this proof has soured.