Why pro-choice is so important

Why are the above thoughts of positive potential and possibilities so pointless though?
Abortion is by no means a black and white issue.
Questions of morality and ethics are not the same as 1+1=2 are they?
They can be extremely difficult even with having all of the facts.
Very often, there are not many facts. It is just a question of wanting to lay waste a potential human being.
We value our things more than our children and future children.

I was simply coming from a place which ALSO answered the question: Why is it wrong to abort a fetus?
I am quite aware of the other side of the coin there and its edge.

When does aborting a fetus cause the least amount of harm to both unborn child and mother?

Because you don’t know how fetus will develop except in a very general sense. One can write a story where it is highly accomplished and/or good and one can write a story where it is incompetent or evil. All are fictions. Statistically it’s most likely to be “average”, having “common” human experiences and achievements.

A fictitious story is not a good reason to abort or not to abort the fetus. It has emotional pull so it sways opinions.

Yes, it’s all about how we value things and what we value.

You are presenting an argument based on appeal to emotion which is a logical fallacy

One could say that human life is intrinsically valuable. But is it more valuable than the value that a woman places on the ability to control her own life?

Is it considered ethical to kill a life so as to make your own life more in control or more comfortable?
Well, to anyone other than women?

There is a difference between killing a living person … someone with consciousness, established relationships, who feels pain and “killing” a fetus which has none of that.

So it’s okay for a male to kill one?
A dog?
A virus?

You’re a smart guy. You know that details make all the difference.

:wink:

Speaking of details, since a fetus is an oncoming child, considering the magnitude, consequences, and number of paternity suits, it has horrendous potential damage to the male. So by the reasoning that the female has rights to protect her own life from an oncoming child, the male probably has even more right to destroy the fetus even if the female doesn’t want to.

And if the father agrees to and attempts in any way, the abortion, he has just grounds to sue the mother for very serious damages to his life.

Statistically, the odds of any of this shit happening are pretty slim.

Your response speaks volumes about your level of maturity and about your ability to participate in a dialoge about a controversial topic. There isn’t much that I could say to make you look dumber than you have here on your own. Thanks for the help.

Please refer to my original statement about how intelligent discourse may not be for you.

Actually, I was not, surreptitious. I was basing my argument, as I see it, on future possibilities (they do exist, you know) and on a reasonable attempt to question whether abortion ought to be automatic simply because one wants it that way. That is not to say that our arguments/discussions on abortion cannot become emotional.

I am quite capable of being the emotional creature. Many in here know that but I am also quite capable of being a fierce unemotional creature. lol

Are you saying that the statements which I made cannot be seen as “ethical” arguments although some might consider them to be superfluous?

They only become pointless to some who do not want to see a larger picture. If we do not open Schrodinger’s box and look inside, how will we know if that cat is dead or alive or what he even looks like?

Oh, and why would you say that? Are you omniscient?

How could that even be proven either way, statistically speaking, since the baby was aborted?!
Well, I suppose that if that unborn child were saved, and followed throughout his/her life to see how he/she evolved/developed, that might tell a story.

Sometimes I think that pro choice can be just as illogical as freedom of speech where anything seems to go at times.

BUT my point was about possibility and potential and how we lay waste to humans/humanity. It may seem silly to certain people that I might think that way but Who Can Say for Sure the positive affect that one unborn child may someday have on the world?

I wonder what the statistics might have said about all of those little children, who came from nowhere, who were born of nothingness, who seemingly different have a chance in the world, and later became great, accomplishing important things.

=;

Evidently, in many cases, the woman did not place much value at all on controlling her life. HAD SHE DONE THAT, she wouldn’t have had to consider having an abortion to begin with.

A little bit of cognitive thinking over lust might have been more valuable to her controlling her life.

Assuming that the pregnancy is not the result of deception or accident, then she valued something else along with control over her life which induced her to act in a particular way.

It’s possible to value more than one thing at the same time or sequentially.

Arc, I’m saying that out of all the people in the world, there just aren’t that many Mother Teresa types and there aren’t that many who are writing books that impact society or making discoveries that advance society. Most people just don’t do those kinds of things, so odds are that this fetus wont either. I’d venture to say that you’d probably be doing the world a favor, since most people are actually dependent and parasitic and will do nothing to advance themselves, let alone humanity.