Poverty in America

So try and think like the ones that do and see what happens.

Yeah, if it was that easy there would be no poverty and everybody would be doing it.

Classic argument of poor people choosing or creating their own poverty bullshit. What really makes this thread funny is that its creator is supposedly a political liberal that call themselves champions or defenders of the poor. He must be a garden variety limousine liberal.

1. Doesn’t talk about failing public educational systems of the United States for the general population.

2. Doesn’t talk about the negative aspects of deindustrialization, foreign importation of workers, automation, stagnant wages, increased taxes, increasingly temp economy, poor access to healthcare, or jobs being outsourced overseas.

3. Doesn’t talk about the criminalization of just about everything where felons for the large part are barred from the workforce through hiring discrimination. There is virtually no kind of national felon workforce rehabilitation program in place. If you’re a felon you’re practically an open target to be discriminated against.

4. Wants to lump a majority of poor people with drug or substance abusers and the mentally ill.

5. Wants to remind everybody that everything is the fault of poor people only and that poor people only have themselves to blame for their plight.

You need money for any kind of initial investment and lots of it.

Your mentality is I got rich and everybody else is lazy in not being able to follow similar in my own footsteps, classical textbook narcissism.

And yours is classic, “no one’s giving me what I want and it’s too hard to get it myself and that’s not fair”. You’re a young, white, able bodied, slightly intelligent male in the United States. What other advantages could you possibly expect? Who’s supposed to pay for you?

For a guy who advocates a world as a jungle, you sure to seem upset about being a gazelle in a field full of lions.

Yes, who grew up as an orphan of which whose parents are both dead where I have practically no family left whatsoever. I’ve always been on my own since day one thrown to the wolves of the world since a very young age. Some advantage huh? No, I’ll get what I want eventually I’m just believing the United States is going to have to collapse first. [Hopefully soon as I grow steadily impatient with each year.] Privileged being white? :laughing: How long as a white guy have you lived in a neighborhood ghetto or lived in corporate housing with illegal Mexican migrants working a job? How many years have you lived on the streets homeless? White privilege? Don’t bother me with such silly bullshit. You know nothing of the harshness, cruelty, or bitterness of survival and you also know nothing of the truest definition of despair.

It is indeed a world of the jungle but the jungle is under total control by the false narrative of moral authority which tends to rig competition in favor of those that call themselves moral authorities, in a real jungle there are no rules, moral qualms, or ethical valuations concerning survival. Someday in the future the real jungle not this controlled one that we have now will return where the caged lions will feast on their gazelle zookeepers that only pretend to be overlords upon escape.

You should go to college.

College degree is not necessary to step over your competition. If you take a closer look around you you will see it to be the case. If you want a more comfortable life, you should concentrate instead on mastering the fine art of networking and strategic ass kissing.

Assuming we don’t have an economic collapse or go into a full world war and that I have the ability to keep a job long enough where I don’t have to worry about having a roof over my head I did plan eventually trying to go back to school in becoming a plumber. Why a plumber? Many trade unions employ plumbers and residential or commercial plumbing companies make an obscene amount of money just for on site visits. Another reason is that I don’t think robotics or automation will replace plumbers in the next fifty years, certainly not master plumbers or engineer plumbing.

Yes, there is certainly a lot of that. My only problem is that I’ve never been good at kissing the ass of anybody and as far as social networking goes I have none.

In many areas of the United States it is all about who you know whether it’s family or friends, in a single phrase occupational nepotism can describe many areas of our economy.

Why does mentally retarded Billy work for the company? It’s because mentally retarded Billy’s father is a manager there that got him the job pulling some strings. The United States isn’t the quaint meritocracy it likes to describe itself under government.

Two days ago my wife and I ordered two plumbers. Plumbers are still needed. But the interesting question is whether they will be replaced by machines in the next fifty years. It is quite possible, because the technological development is an exponential one.

A basic standard plumber maybe but not a master plumber for the simple reason that they are the ones in concert with a building architect that lays out the plans where water or sewage pipes run all throughout a building [residential, commercial, and industrial.] and of course you need somebody to lay them out in construction also. Then you have septic tanks in removal and replacement as well. In large urban municipalities you have large networks of underground sewer tunnels that also requires the services of master plumbers. This is my understanding anyways.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tu32CCA_Ig[/youtube]

See: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=185562&p=2688864#p2688864 .

Zero, you don’t wanna be a plumber man. Go and get a history degree and become a twisted high school teacher who tells the truth to the youth.

This coming from somebody that disagrees with everything I believe in is amusing.

Your lack of sincerity is noted.

You’re terrible at reading people.

It’s the internet, what do you expect? Everybody is horrible at reading each other if it isn’t video format.

Not me.