name that tune...

one of the most infectious/exhilarating pop songs ever recorded

i got all i need for my radio show…i got all my jingles and ids…the cans are all in my head and the show’s on its way…i just want to tell you that your voice makes me go wet…wet…wet…oh i love you boy…my [ ] is an occupational habit…when you’re a [ ] dj…you fall in love with your voice almost everyday…

sounds like a song sung by a mechanical woman

i’m your transformer…call me marlene call me gino…let me alone…i like it…ring out…nice…smooth…round…let me alone…quick tongue…shark tongue…silver tongue…lead tongue…army tongue…let me alone… i’m your transformer…call me marlene call me gino…dig me come on…

or something like that.

driving, relentless song

i’m hurt but i’ll recover…just don’t take him for your lover…baby please dish the [fruit]…he’s unoriginal from his head to toe…baby please dish the [fruit]…go take a walk…and with these wprds…make him feel small…you don’t need him…baby please dish the [fruit]…

a beautiful song…it sounds like she’s saying “rules”

rules…people laughing people crying people living…rules…foot steps echo softly down the hall…it’s no one i know…rules…little harbors…little prisons…sanctuaries…rules…set in castles in apartments monastaries…we’re all lonely sitting here inside…with nothing to do…it doesn’t help to know it’s all been tried…but maybe with you I’ll try again…if i don’t come out you’ll say that i’m not free…we all have our prices we must pay…there must be something out there just for me…maybe i’ll come out today

you’re still keeping our love in chains…feel no pleasure feel no pain…we’re still living our love in vain…the way you move…you give me so much more…i can see right through…through the living hell…we seem to waste our time…waste our time…you’re still keeping our love in chains…feel no pleasure feel no pain…

try to imagine if this were a song called “young girls”

young boys…so pretty…never tired…always willing…disposable enough to feel no pity…young boys…make me shiver…just a touch makes them quiver…there’s no taker…there’s no giver…with young boys…young boys firm and cuddly…thin waist…they always hide me from their mommies…but that’s the fun of young boys…young boys can be naughty…in ways that sicken you when they’re forty…always curious 'cause boys will be boys…

male vocalist

there are one or two things you don’t know about me…you love a little bit…but its never enough…write it all down in your book…but never take a second look…I know these things about you…i’m always outside…but that’s not me…you think that’s fine…but that’s not me…there are one or two things you don’t know…about me…you were always in love…but never with me…

this is all i can make out…but it’s a song that fucking soars

…i built my house up on solid rock…so i could be sure it would stand…but time has come to shut the door…and settle in…

beautiful melody sung in the sweetest most heartfelt voice

oh don’t think it don’t matter about geronimo…he was the fiercest freedom fighter of all…and don’t think it don’t matter about the indians…so many convictions in a world [drenched] in blood…in nuclear exchanges…and the indians keep telling us about common earth changes…oh don’t think it don’t matter about geronimo…he was the fiercest freedom fighter…the fiercest freedom fighter…the fiercest freedom fighter of them all

i’m assuming this one is called go man go.

last night i had a dream…i came home from school…my parents left a note on the screen door…and it said dear son we’ve moved…it’s a good thing i woke up…i have lived in new york… don’t talk to anyone…see anything…never missed any one or anything that was going on…go man go…go man go…go man go…don’t look back…don’t feel sorry for the things you’ve done…go man go…go man go

an achingly, hauntingly beautiful poem set to achingly, hauntingly beautiful music sung by an achingly, hauntingly beautiful female vocalist.

your repulsive smell hangs heavy in the air…stagnating…drawing the blood…sucking the life that once was mine…from the pure to the tested…the used to the blessed…baiting the trail with the tortured and tormented…do you feel no shame…when you break me again…the rampant thirst is quenched by the rain of the blameless…question not or feel the scorn that seeps from the lips…kissed with passion…that spoke of the moment when light meets the darkness…and fire will burn inside…do you feel no shame as you rake me again…do you feel no shame…the severed limb that bleeds for so long becomes a shadow…time brings forth space to breathe…and a place for mistakes…we trust we fall…we rise to trust again…and we grow…do you feel no shame as you break me again…do you feel no shame

world’s most frenetic song

you say you don’t know what to feel…you say you don’t know what is real…i will help you understand…i’ll be your 20th century man…i will show you what to do…you act like me…i’ll act like you…we’ll take the test of love and sex…we’ll mark our answers with an x…a] i don’t like you b] i’m in love c] i feel nothing d] none of the above…relationships are so much fun…biodegrade when they are done…

My guess: It’s called five easy pieces

when we first saw the stagecoach…all the rage was gone…and so we dragged him and we shot him…and now the thrill is gone…i got five easy pieces…i got them hanging on the wall…i got five easy pieces…there ain’t nothing they won’t solve…when i saw the kid a’dying’…i said oh god what have i done…and when i saw my lease had expired…i released myself from the world…i got five easy pieces…i got them hanging on the wall…i got five easy pieces…there ain’t nothing they won’t solve…now in this country of equals…by god the gun is number one…so if justice is your thing then…go ahead and get it done…i got five easy pieces…i got them hanging on the wall…i got five easy pieces…there ain’t nothing they won’t solve…

here’s a truly throbbing song, the lyrics of which I just can’t make out…

Aside from snatches of lyrics like waiting in the rain…just to know you were there…you gave up too early, it sounds like it revolves around either “forty five questions” or “four to five questions”

listen for this exhilarating refrain…especially at the end:

she always said…she wanted lots of money…she always wanted attention…and plenty of it
she always said…she wanted lots of money…she always wanted attention…and plenty of it

Bump

pure pop…

you say you’re still in love with me
it’s time to prove it to me
my lips are waiting patiently
it’s time we sealed it with a kiss

Male vocalist. beautiful folk song. sounds like one of the Rogers brothers.

he told me at the start of spring…he never needs nothing at all…to him the sky is blue forever…he don’t need a whole lot of loving

female vocalist

don’t think it don’t matter about geronimo…he was the fiercest indian fighter…the fiercest indian fighter of them all

male vocalist. sounds a bit like leon russell

i went out last night/to the “cabaret”/ i got home this morning/ at the break of day/people hide their love/people hide their love

Thanks to those who connected the dots for me here.

Time to go fishing again.