US Army is now recruiting mentally disturbed

Great, now we are going to have more psychos with guns. What could possibly go wrong?

usatoday.com/story/news/pol … 853131001/

Why would they ever waive bipolar applicants who cannot tolerate high amounts of stress without relapsing? The military…combat comes with ungodly stress. Sounds like a recipe for disaster and loss of lives above and beyond engaging in combat. Dum, dum, dum-dum.

What I find worrisome, other than the obvious, is that these people who harbor mental problems, will be rising in ranks (and they sure will…and likely for the wrong reasons, too). They may be able to suppress or hide whatever problems they are running away from until they reach position of power, but once they are placed in those positions where they are making calls for others, these things will inevitably come to surface, and that’s going to be really bad for morale of the whole unit (after all, all shit comes down). And unlike the civilian environment, where you can just quit, in the military you don’t have that many options in regards to your superiors. This is just my own take on it, because I’ve seen that happen. Of course, one can argue for giving such people a chance of overcoming their past and being a productive and fully functional members of an organization. Should we give them that chance? And will it be like a social experiment, where the social researchers will evaluate data as to what percentage with troubled history relapsed and what didn’t? Because it really does sound like an experiment in the works. If you need more people, can you not find other ways to recruit more without having to worry about these extra variables? Why not just draft, or lift ban on weight or age instead?

I believe that this may also serve as a gateway for the queers to enter the military (despite what Trump is saying right now). The fact is, the transsexuals are a highly politicized group right now, and as things are going right now, they will not be left behind. Naturally, the military will hire top psychiatric experts to assist in design appropriate operating procedures to enforce, and military will usher in another living social experiment. Why is society so concerned about queers being in the military in the first place? If society allows them in, does it mean they will start enlisting in droves because so many want in, but are denied? I guess it helps to look at the motivating factors as well.

Interesting to note that the majority of trans people who have served in the military were male-to-female transsexuals.

latimes.com/nation/la-na-tra … story.html

George Brown’s “flight into hypermasculinity” theory may explain why some male-to-female transsexuals have joined the military, and that is, basically, in an attempt to re-affirm their masculinity. From his 1988 study (Conclusion):

Transsexuals in the Military: Flight into Hypermasculinity
fliphtml5.com/zqit/vxng/basic

If his theory regarding male-to-female transsexuals in the military is right, then allowing transsexuals into military may actually discourage them from enlisting based on his hypermasculinity defense theory. They may still join for other reasons, though, like free medical care. But if the military is full of women, queers, ex-drug users and mentally troubled who or why would want to join? I wonder what the next recruiting tactic will be (?)

Technically, they’ve been recruiting mentally disabled since the US began. Who else is going to go fight another persons war just to hold a gun and shoot people they dont even know?

It would seriously be very hard for someone not entirely sick to imagine ways in which it can go wrong in worse ways than in the 8 years under Obama, where the US army was basically just a means to get children into ovens and cook them alive. But yes, it still looks like it can get worse, with this new rule. Fortunately Isil (The Obama-Brigade) has been decimated in the meantime.

[tab][/tab]
Right. It would be much better for them to shoot people they do know.

It would make a lot more sense.

Saddam Hussein agreed.
He forced children to shoot their own parents.

After giving prisoners a get out of prison free card for enlisting in the military at the height of the Iraq war of the early 2000’s this is in effect what we call old news.

Everyone is “mentally disturbed” now. The term has become increasingly meaningless as the industry has become increasingly transparent.

The only reason for all the abnormality in the services is that war is no longer man to man combat on the most part but sitting in mechanized vehicles with very sophisticated technologically advanced equipment and just let’em have it.
If they were misfits before enlistment they surely will become one after combat.

The reason for all the abnormality is the fact that the Occidental Culture is decadent. This can be seen in each form, thus also and especially if it is related to demography, economy, technology, intelligence (all four are correlated with ech other). No wonder that mental disturbance is already a component of the US army.

They have to get rid of them somehow and don’t want to blame everything on bad genes and disease.

World War III started by United States very soon, going to need all the bodies we can get to send on the nuclear frontline.

And yet they still haven’t drafted you and sent you off. I think that right there, as ungrateful as you are to that fact, proves you wrong.