Are governments just protection rackets for the 1%?

Thanks for your usual. Christian.

You give truth to those who say that the only good Christian is a Gnostic Christian.

Regards
DL

Yes, governments exists only to protect the very wealthy and powerful while keeping everybody else in perpetual slavery or servitude. Anybody that says otherwise is a damn liar or idiot, take your pick.

Those that support government usually benefit under it somehow ( Or are extremely socially brainwashed.) and those that don’t are those trying to escape their own individual fate of enslavement or tyranny to it. That is usually how realpolitik works beyond all the pretentious BS centered on this subject.

Yes, governments protect the 1%.

And there is an interesting hierarchy (which is an absolutely “democratic” one :laughing: ):

(1) 1%. Rulers.
(2) 19%. Governmental and other functionaries (protect the 1% and buffer between the 1% and the 80% - in favor of the 1% of course)
(3) 80%. Enemies (cynically called “people” or “humans”; powerless; always turned against each other and played off against each other).

Such broad sweeping statements about “Governments” as if they are all one kind of thing are moronic.

Indeed, just as broad sweeping statements about liberal governments from conservatives are as moronic as broad sweeping statements of conservative governments from liberals.

It has been my experience however that those who tend to see the world from an objectivist frame of mind tend to embrace [morally/politically] one or another rendition of “right makes might”.

That both liberals and conservatives are clearly up to the task of framing the role of government in terms of “one of us” vs. “one of them” doesn’t really surprise me at all.

Though with respect to political economy does anyone here still actually believe that wealth and power [in the form of crony capitialism] doesn’t prevail with respect to such issues as tax policy?

Does anyone here actually believe that “one man one vote” is “for all practical purposes” the order of the day on Capital Hill and in the White House?

In other words, in this day and age, are there actually still idealists among us?!!

Even systems of court, so called justice systems, and litigation is all about protecting the elite segments of society or putting into law their attitudes of life enforced on everybody else.

The concept of government serving everybody equally impartially of wherever they come from in life is a giant deception that is played all throughout history that only the most gullible accept as fact.

They all serve the same kind of people that run and own everything, their means may differ from each other in practice but the end result is always the same.

In this day and age it is empiricism versus idealism but empiricism is winning as idealists have been rendered impotent. Of course trying to frame all of human society under empiricism alone creates many problems and has had idealists on the run from a standpoint of defeat for more than a century.

Yeah, that just seems like a bland cyncism written up like it’s an actual position to me.

Explain yourself.

I just don’t think something as broad as ‘Governments’ can be assigned singular motivations or effects. And changing the assignment of motive from “Governments” to “the people who run Governments” doesn’t make it any better.

I agree that we are being brainwashed and dumbed down. The rank and file just keep following the liars.

All we can do is continue to put the truth out here.

Regards
DL

They are all controlled by the oligarchs. We are all slaved to them.

To ignore that they are all the same, is to have bought into the idiotic democratic system you th9nk you belong to.

Regards
DL

When governments around the world eventually and inevitably implode which they will the cusp of the situation will be obvious to most however by that time it will be too late as catastrophe will be everywhere. For those in the know we are left with a sort of bewildering amusement on our descent into annihilation. You can either amuse yourself with this or surrender yourself to retirement in despair but alas these are the only choices we have for the controlling authoritarian power structure is an almost invincible behemoth. If you cannot destroy or challenge such a system directly like ancient years past we can only wait patiently in horror for its own downfall in which it simply destroys itself under its own weight. As the old proverb goes,the bigger they are the harder they fall. We can only hope there will be some semblance of life afterwards in the aftermath.

Yet Hitler’s broad system of genocide against the Jews can be seen as the single motivator for Hitler and his entourage.

Regards
DL

What else is there concerning any kind of government other than the system or implementation of power benefiting the powerful? Please tell me what else there is.

I am more optimistic as I see a French type revolution on the way in many countries.

Sure, we are dumbed down but not to the point I think you are saying.

One country will begin by bringing their oligarchs to heel and be better contributors to the whole, and that will force other countries to do the same as they will demand a level playing field.

The U.S. or China should led on this but it seems that both countries have lost their zeal for justice and have allowed their oligarchs to rule from behind the throne.

Regards
DL

Benefiting other people besides the powerful, for example. Remember, the question posed is not whether or not Governments benefit the powerful, but rather they just benefit the powerful. It seems to me there are Governments that also benefit the weak.

I think it’s inevitable that Governments benefit at least the powerful, just because by definition any social structure is going to have somebody at the top, and any extremely elaborate social structure is going to have people that can manipulate the rules to their own benefit. But it’s incorrect to say that that’s all a State is for, or to put the cart before the horse and say that exploitation is why the state exists.

That really doesn’t have anything to do with what I was saying, but it’s also retarded. No, elimination of Jews was obviously not the single motivation of Hitler and the Nazi party. It would be like claiming genocide against the Kulaks was the single motivator of Stalin.

Tell that to the Jews.

Regards
DL