Can there be shared community values?

Do ALL humans has an inherent potential for a sexual drive DNA? a hunger drive?
I don’t believe you will argue against this inherent ‘potential.’
The point is this potential is not fully activated in all humans, some with an inactive dormant sexual drive are asexual and there are various forms of sexuality.

Whilst the sexual, hunger, security, [Maslow’s basic needs] are instinctual, the drive for morality is a later development in terms of evolution [cumulative through generations] but the drive for morality is nevertheless inherent and embedded via the DNA. One clue is the presence of mirror neurons in the higher primates and humans.

Research on babies of less than one year old [to discount ‘nurture’] has demonstrated babies has an inherent inborn drive and propensity for morality.

Because this potential drive for morality is a later development embedded in the higher cortical regions of the brain, it is easily suppressed by inherent and nurturing evil elements as the child grows up. At present, this inherent drive for greater morality is suppressed within the brain of the majority.

But this inherent potential drive for morality is continually driving humans towards greater degree of morality within humanity, like the beautiful lotus flower that is pushing through mud, dirt and muck to bloom. Note the various examples of morality [banning of slavery] I have given to demonstrate this.

It is the understanding of the full mechanisms of the system and processes supporting morality that we are able to continually improve it and accelerating this knowledge [within the brain] will expedite the processes and the results of good.

I believe yours is a mistaken and deliberately blinded view not to recognize and the understand the inherent potential morality drive within all humans. Such a blinded view do not provide any room for one to release this potential where it is not activated or suppressed by nurture.

I can understand your apprehension and reservation that SOME people will invent their own standard of morality and pursue that to the detriments of humanity. Btw, this has already happened with the Abrahamic religions with their immutable moral laws from a God which is illusory an impossibility.
What I am proposing is humanity must learn the above lessons from the rigid Abrahamic morality, evil secular ideologies, etc. so as to establish a foolproof and abuse-proof Framework and System of Morality and System in the future based on accelerated multiple intelligences.

So there is a potential morality drive that is inherent within ALL humans which can be active or dormant in various people. What is critical is humanity must recognize and understand the processes involved within this inherent potential and activate it in as many people as possible. This potential give humanity the assurance that ‘good’ will always prevail over ‘evil’.

Being that sharing doesn’t exist in our stratified societies I would say no.

The concept of societal sharing has been dead for thousands of years. All values are imposed and strictly enforced by force. There are only ultimatums and the illusion of social contracts.

If you are relying on casual observations and experiences, yes I agree there are obvious distrusts and selfishness among individual[s] and groups.

But if you were to research, analyze and review the whole of humanity since humans emerged you will note there is an inherent trend towards the sharing of common values within humanity.

If you were to note re evolution of living things, the earliest living things were very selfish individual[s] in ensuring their own survival which is limited.
In time, organisms evolved to co-operate as a group [insect colonies, tribes, etc.] to facilitate a greater degree of survival for the individual and also the groups, thus the species. To enable effective co-operation imperatively entails shared-values.

As one will note within evolution, the higher the cognitive consciousness of living things the greater the power of co-operations [shared-values], i.e. the highest are by human beings.

Therefore there is an inherent drive and trend towards shared-values as observed within evolution and this is present in human beings.

Can there be shared community values?
With the above existing potential and trend, we can assert there are already shared community values within human beings and the degree of sharing of values is progressing continually.

Since living things and human beings has evolved fundamentally from being selfish, this drive for selfishness is still active and dominant as an instinct. As such the acts of selfishness [individuals and groups] is more prevalent and obvious within our societies.

The critical point is, we must not be blinded by the obvious selfishness instinct and ended being ignorant of the trend of increasing and progressing co-operation and sharing common values within. We must recognize this potential for the sharing of common values and expedite this process via philosophy-proper [applying its knowledge, wisdom, principles, techniques and tools].

The agricultural revolution changed all of that and most of the shared values you see since then historically are imposed or coerced violently not happening naturally on their own.

You are referring to forms, I was referring to substance/essence of the inherent propensity within humans to share and co-operate which is not changing.

For example while humans will practice different ways of producing and consuming food over its history, the digestive system of humans to get nutrients as essence is not changing.

Shared community values is an impossibility in today’s world.

You are confining your point to a fixed period of time, i.e. today, present, now, whereas what I have presented is there is a existing potential and positive trend towards greater sharing of values among people towards the future.
This trend of sharing values is progressing as evidenced by greater sense of co-operation between people and Nations, e.g. ISS and many other global projects.

Why do you state “impossibility” when sharing of community values are already happening?

Examples of an impossibility is like the existence of a square-circle, an absolutely perfect God [as argued],
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=193474

We’re having a conversation, hardly an articulation of shared values since indeed my values are not your own and vice versa. There really isn’t cooperation in the sense that it happens naturally on its own where instead there is a group of people that live in a same geographical area forced to cooperate with each other by the end of a barrel of a gun. Now this isn’t to say that cooperation in the natural sense didn’t once exist, it did, it just hasn’t existed for thousands of years since the agricultural revolution that I alluded to earlier.

When I say impossibility I mean this era and the several thousand that preceded it.

How would you envision a shared-values community living day to day during technological times?

Yes, if there is coercion, it cannot be co-operation in this intended sense of shared-value.

Note the natural effect of synergy, i.e. the total effect is greater than the sums of its parts.
It is this natural principle that drive co-operation and has nothing to do with coercion.
Because it is a natural principle it has always existed since human were made aware of it as justified with evidence that support this principle.

The potential towards the future is what is most critical, what is present and past is relevant as guidance only for the future.
This is why it is critical we recognize the inherent potential towards morality [which has justified evolutionary grounds] and expedite a greater realization of this inherent potential to prevent, reduce or eliminate evils.

I don’t, stratification and specialization makes it impossible.

If you have faith in the future I would say you’re sorely going to be disappointed along with all the other hopefuls. The agricultural revolution destroyed natural cooperation by my perspective.

Morality? Have you learned nothing from our previous conversations?

And if those were magically eliminated?

How did agricultural revolution destroyed and eliminate the Principles of Synergy in general? Are you implying all humans should stop co-operating in all forms and turn to be selfish individual[s] from now on and the future?

There is nothing new to be learned from your narrow and shallow basis of philosophy. I’ll will thank you if you had brought something new to add to my knowledge database.

We would return to a natural state of cooperation like existence was before the agricultural revolution. I just don’t see it happening without some sort of destructive global collapse.

I like your word usage of magically eliminated, doesn’t inspire a lot of faith or confidence on your part.

Technological innovation in the creation of class stratification and occupational specialization. Once you let the genie out of the bottle there is no going back without a global massive destructive event. There will always be selfish individuals, some more than others.

Well, the feeling is mutual yet here we are.

I had stated humans like other animals evolved initially with instincts to be ‘selfish’ to facilitate basic survival.

If you study the brain and psychology, you will note such basis instinct of selfishness is embedded in the lower brain which is present in all animals.

The point is there is evolution and humans has evolved to be higher animals as represented by the "higher’ cortical parts of the brain which house the neural circuits that promote co-operation and other more sophisticated faculties.

Humans cannot get rid of its selfish instincts, but humans will continue to evolve in the future and the trend is the greater realization of the inherent morality potential which will modulate and override the primal ‘selfish’ tendencies.

Humans are NOT “evolving”, but rather are being designed, modified, and bred.

Interesting and likely true. But what would you respond if someone said to you that humans had “evolving” ancestors?

E_z_M.gifA_b_Hs.jpg

Yes, human beings are evolving alright from spears to guns, guns to atomic bombs, and finally biological weapons with weaponized diseases. Then of course there is the future introduction of automation with artificial intelligence. Empathy, or morality? Not so much.

You envision a future where everybody is holding hands in brotherly solidarity, I can’t say I hold the same enthusiasm.