Fixed Cross Music

In the winter of 2014 I stated wiring lyrics in English, finally beings satisfied with my pronunciation of my second language that I could make some music in it. It still took until 2016, listening to beats in Pezers place at the Botanical Garden, before I began actually doing it. We decided to rent a studio and start practicing and recording some stuff. Pezer went back to Venezuela because of personal circumstances and I lost track of music and got lost in a love. As contact was restored with Pezer, I started recording. Eventually Capable heard some of it and told me he was impressed and that I needed to keep it up. Thats when I really started believing in it and began to record at a pace of at least one song a day. This has amounted in plans for an album, and just a lot of music.

I will be posting some songs here.

The first one I post I called “False Coloured Flag” or “Color of a Racist”. Roughly a third of my songs is freestyled (lyrics improvised on the beat), this is one of them.
soundcloud.com/user-704316029/t … f-a-racist

The second is “Cant Take to Sleep”
A song I made to one of the first beats I made in the new residence. I recorded this before Capable commented on the music, I still had no idea if I was really doing something worthwhile. And still its the case that I have a style that is not at all mainstream, will take a lot of getting used to for people. But at least its not soul-dead like most or all rap that has been coming out from males this decade.

soundcloud.com/user-704316029/c … e-to-sleep

Third one I’ll call “They Call Me.”
This is actually to the first beat I made in the new residence, very much still trying out the application I am using and just ripping on some synthesizer. A month or so after I made that beat, I decided to give it a go and improvised some lyrics. That worked out well in a very simple way.
soundcloud.com/user-704316029/crazy

For the longest time, after 15 years of rapping in Dutch, I had lost the ability to write rhymes, I could only freestyle. Writing felt too constrained.
I only learned to write again through doing it in English, and approaching the art entirely as … well, I can’t give away my formula, but differently.

Fourth song Ill post now, “All Business”, repeatedly uses a lyric I wrote in the studio space with Pezer. The theme of these lyrics is all roughly 21st Century Wolf.
soundcloud.com/user-704316029/all-business
I treat words like objects.

Thanks to Capable for publishing these. More to come.