Who discovered North America ?

They may have heard of this legend. But not everything that has been said and heard is true.

Of course!

Anything less would be suicidal. :slight_smile:

The Chinese ventured out into the world about 600 years ago … triggered a quantum shift in Western consciousness … ergo …the renaissance.

The Chinese went back home and closed their doors to the outside world until recently.

The Chinese are once again going out into the world … expect another quantum shift in Western consciousness. :slight_smile:

Read my opening quote.

Most Chinese historians also reject the alleged Chinese discovery of America as a fiction.

:question:

Is that your opening post, Pilgrim-Seeker Tom?

Nope! :slight_smile:

[b]

[/b]

I was born there… I guess you’ve never really taken in what I’ve said in my posts.

Its not so much about nations claiming to have discovered countries and continents, but more about what they do when they get there - the migrants seem to think that they have discovered Europe… because they seem to be trying to take over.

Sorry, Mags, but I have not read all your 16959 posts. I would like to …, if I had enough time. :slight_smile:

To me, a discovery must or should have to do with objectivity like for example a scientific discovery.

One should know “something” about the discovered object before the discovery.

The question is what exactly one should know about it before the discovery.

It’s interesting to note that the Chinese map has as much if not more detail of the east coast of North America as it does the west, and it’s extremely unlikely they sailed all the way over there, since as we all know there is no northwest passage. Much more likely they just got these maps from some other nation, yeah?

Perhaps!

OTH … do we really know there was no northwest passage 600 years ago? The oral Inuit legend in Pond Inlet Nunavut suggests otherwise, yeah! :slight_smile:

The timing of the disappearance of the Dorset culture coincides with the timing of the Zheng He travels … generally speaking.

Certainly makes a boat load or two of Chinese people abandoned somewhere in the Arctic a credible theory. :slight_smile:

[b]

[/b][

OK, so there was a northwest passage 600 years ago that doesn’t exist anymore for some reason. And the Chinese discovered it. And didn’t tell anybody. And used it to sail all the way around North America to accurately map Florida, Cuba, and the east coast of South America. That’s all possible I guess, but I still maintain it’s much more likely they just got the maps from somebody- for example European traders.

That is indeed much more likely.

OK … you win! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Why do you give up so early?

Who surrendered?

It was an act of kindness. :slight_smile:

Pushing individuals to confront Truth … as in “face to face” is a grossly (un)kind act.

Such an act … confronting Truth … is excruciatingly painful and fraught with peril. Trust me … said the snake oil salesman. :slight_smile:

So, it was an act of kindness. It is kindness what ILP lacks a bit. So, what you said, Pilgrim-Seeker Tom, makes me very happy. :smiley:

But my response was an act of kindness too. :smiley:

I hope, you have noticed that.

How should we go on?

We stopped here:

OK … we each patted ourselves on the back … with no implication of narcissism either. :slight_smile:

Seems we have hit another impervious wall … so be it! :smiley:

Armenius … OTH I suppose attempts to penetrate “impervious walls” is what learning is all about. :slight_smile:

My thoughts on the question … Where are we?

1. You have access to … and an affinity for … a yuge data bank.

2. I hate details … I find them confusing. :slight_smile: OTH I have 25 years experience sitting in a boat with a large sail and no rudder. :slight_smile:

Perhaps the particulars of our individual character are complimentary.

Moving on to something more specific … Nunavut.

My boat parked in Nunavut for 2 and a half years … in two stints … the first one … 12 months alone … the second one … 18 months with Huang Hui … my Chinese wife.

Almost all of my experience(s) in Nunavut were hellish … almost all. :slight_smile: I have a vivid and fond memory of walking barefeet on the snow/ice at the floe edge near Pond Inlet in late June 2005.

Reflecting on my Nunavut memories triggered a recollection of something Huang Hui mentioned several times. She felt the proximity to the magnetic North Pole affected her mind. I listened respectfully though I attributed my hellish experiences to the result of my interactions with Inuit people and foreigners residing in Nunavut at the same time.

1. I figured the Inuit were living between two worlds … their former world which was hopelessly lost forever and their current world … a world which they could not adapt to … the “white man’s” world.

2. The foreigners residing in Nunavut were mostly run aways … happy to pocket the very generous salaries.

Today … I’m not so sure. Perhaps you have access to data that explains what … if any … effect the Magnetic North Pole has on human minds.

The Northern Hemisphere has long been the “engine” of human evolution … particularly the peoples in rather close proximity to the North Pole including Europe. Hmmm!

So the chinese map shows details of the east and west coast, and you propose that there was a northwest passage 600 years ago. My question is, where is the map of the passage? They mapped the coasts but didn’t bother to write down how they got there?

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2006/01/0123_060123_chinese_map.html

Is this the map? Hmm… Not looking good.