What are you doing? (Part 1)

JSS has rubbed off on me…I’m becoming a language stickler. #-o How’d that happen? :confused:

lol

Chakra, loved your vid and the sound track.

Reminds me of this poem

youtu.be/FTKYr7hVmg4

“Core of my heart my country”.

Taking part in Trump’s “National Day For The Victims Of Communism” .

Christmas shopping online

Thanks Shield. I’m not sure if you can see how much damage was done unless you know what it looked like before the storm. Gaps in the treeline, for instance, look pretty normal unless you know what once stood there - but it’s all fine. This is how it should be.

I’m in awe of the destructive power of Nature. Death and destruction are two of her most precious - and unappreciated – gifts. Without destruction, there IS no creation. When we look at the awesome grandeur of this world, we’re actually looking at the result of massive destruction. Majestic mountains, beaches of golden sand, deep-cut valleys and even the soil that life rises from, are all The Destroyer’s gifts and it’s silently going on all around us (and within) just slow enough to be out of sight. The line from your poem where the poet says how much she loves ‘the beauty and the terror’ sums up my feelings for this magnificent planet beautifully.

The photos at the end of the vid show two mountains - one is Mount Jerusalem; the other, Mount Warning. The ‘beauty and the terror’, indeed.

Glad you enjoyed it, Shield.

While in front of the sun lamp, pretending to be in Florida smelling the ocean breezes as I mosey along white sand beaches with the gentle waves lapping at my ankles. No sun equals big depression. P.U. This winter stinks!

Another day nearly tipping 90f and it is not officially summer yet. Chance of a shower late afternoon.

It is going to be a long hot summer. Ugh.

SM,

Let’s swap! My offer to swap out locations still stands. :stuck_out_tongue: You can bake meat pies here and I will tend to your petting zoo there. :wink:

Reminiscing in my music thread. :sunglasses:

Window shopping for an artificial pre-lit Christmas tree. I’ve also got my eyes on some musical chaser lights that plays up to 25 carols. I love the lights choreographed with the holiday sounds. :occasion-santa:

What are you cooking for Thanksgiving?

We’re having a huge (typical) buffet spread for 30+ people with my contributions being…
My Great Aunts Noodle Strudel dessert
Green beans sauteed in bacon and onion

I am working in my High-Tech Autoclave Germfree Mobile Laboratory with scientific support staff - again.

By the way:

Will we get Gifts for Christmas this year again? :slight_smile:
Or have we been too naughty, too bad, too wicked? :frowning:

Oh, the cuckoo of one of my cuckoo clocks just “told” me that we still have to wait. :frowning:

Schwarzwaldkuckucksuhren.jpg

That is hard work!

Best if you bewitch Joker and be his Caribbean Queen. Much more fun.

youtu.be/Tlp2MZ7gtpM

So still just fantasizing, huh.
:wink:

Just wait. Tomorrow I will park my High-Tech Autoclave Germfree Mobile Laboratory right at your doorstep.

Just give me you address by private message and I will be at your doorstep tomorrow morning.

Maybe we will have breakfast then together.

Do you like germfree food?

I am waiting.

[tab]I am also waiting for the gifts. :slight_smile:

[/tab]

Neither of us have any interest in the Caribbean, but well, Australia on the other hand is well worth investigating. O:)

Boiling golden raisins.

Happy Thanksgiving ILPers! :smiley:

You mean, Happy Thankstaking day?

youtube.com/watch?v=OW0s8ToCyU8