Weakness is strength??

That would seem to include experiences. :-"

Wow! that’s deep Phyllo … as in still waters run deep.

Reads like you embrace the notion we retain individual consciousness after the death of our vessel.

Phyllo … a few examples of how my mind cogitates … sometimes … while walking.

1. My first thought as I inhaled the fresh crisp morning air … "Phyllo’s flashlight is working pretty good … he must have found durable batteries. :slight_smile:

[b]

[/b]

1. Some reflection on this morning’s experience(s). I woke up to our rather noisy rooster announcing the dawn of a new day. Being the victim of habit that I am … I made my instant coffee, went out for a smoke came back sat on the sofa and fired up my old lap top. I was shocked to learn it was only 3:00AM :astonished: I’ve had similar experiences … they always remind me of the Biblical Samuel

[b]

[/b]

1. Some reflection on why I included the adjective “meaningful” as in continue our meaningful digital conversation. Here’s what popped into my head:

a) To piss off Arc and Aaron. I’m only kidding … really. :slight_smile: OK … so I’m not only kidding … at some level of my being I’m sincere. Though our being has many layers and I don’t want to dwell on the primordial level. Yet another dig at Arc and Aaron? … a manifestation of the “slyness” Arc accused me of in her last post? I don’t know … What is written … is written. :slight_smile:

b) Our digital conversation feels spontaneous … you make comments and ask questions … I make comments and ask questions. The time lag between posts is short enough.

You’re likely bored so I’ll stop here. :slight_smile:

I have no idea how this relates to the previous posts. :confused:

That’s one way to interpret it.

Another way is that you are the product of your experiences and you remember your experiences until you die - then it’s all gone. :-k

Phyllo … people who engage in discussion of the unknown … that which cannot be known with any degree of certainty … are literally walking in the dark. I’m amused … in a positive way … that you still want to have your flash lite in hand. :slight_smile: Here’s the relationships as I see it:

1. People who walk in the dark without a flash lite often use there hands to feel for something familiar … something that provides even a little of comfort from the darkness. Referring to stuff we know is a touch stone of sorts.

2. Religions have been a substantial element of our conversation.

3. Statistical mathematics has proven to be quite useful in some circumstances. The numbers suggest Buddhism … while 2,500 years old is not in the top three world religions … missing by a long shot … despite being in China for more than 1,500 years.

It’s an instance of thinking about the possibilities without committing to any one in particular.

=D> =D>

Yet another illustration of your superior wisdom Phyllo … all at the appointed time eh!

Did the cat get your tongue Phyllo? :slight_smile:
Yeah … in the appropriate circumstances I can be a real SOB. Even my siblings and my children can attest to this admission. You may be trying to figure out how to exploit the contradiction in my last post and an earlier post to Arc … pick a horse …
There is no contradiction … let me attempt to explain … while you’re not likely interested … other readers may be. :slight_smile:
I should acknowledge that I had a chance to check my Nooscope since my last post … during my morning walk. A Hoopoe did a fly by in the park portion of my walk. So what eh?
Animals speak to us through their behavior patterns. (Animal Speak by Ted Andrews) Of course, humans being animals do the same.
American indigenous peoples were very familiar with this phenomenon … as were most other ancient cultures. This phenomenon is a blessing to humanity that has largely been lost.
Several years ago I was shocked and amused to learn that the Hoopoe is the National bird for Israel.
I digress …
The only certainty humans possess is the phenomenon known as “change” … which manifests itself in stillness, ripples, waves and tsunamis. The human lifespan is far too short for humans to discern the subtelties in the patterns of the universe across time and space. Though some of the greatest thinkers in human history came aweful damn close with so little data.
Today … it’s different. Technoly enables a select community to gather sufficient data across a broad spectrum of time and space … analyze the data and create charts that reveal the pulse of the universe. Must be really interesting charts eh!
In their infinite wisdom they attempt to insert their personal agenda(s) … similar to the GMO modalities inserted into our food chain. A smart move indeed.
At some point along the road … the law of unintentional consequences enters the scene. The AI community’s repeated failures awaken the sleepy human consciousness(s). Brezinski … a genius of of the 20th century discovered this threat many years ago.
Enough babble for one post eh!

…you do that :wink:

Perhaps we need to be challenged in different ways/what works for us… I know what doesn’t work for me, so I won’t be doing it.

Finding people en masse toxic, is an indicator to not take on those masses, but to find friendships, information, and challenges elsewhere… now that’s a challenge in itself. :wink:

…not what I’d call challenging at all, and something that is reflective of the world beyond ILP… one of toxicity and damaging modern over-competitiveness, bourne from promises of bonuses, commissions, and additional company benefits.

Not everyone needs to be pitted against each other (like animals) inorder to perform… in fact it would switch that demographic off, not on, for lack of innovative inspiration.

Weakness can bring about different ways of being and living… from necessity in having to, because there is no other option, and so we choose the one that works.

when you feel weakness then you should try to reform it. After some time, it is converted into strength. This is the base of human nature.

It’s human nature, but I don’t know about the base of human nature.

The last few miles of any journey are always tough, but the last few inches can present the biggest challenge, but by giving up a little bit of our free time so that we can go full steam ahead, could bring about the completion of this journey to nowhere in particular… or so it feels that way.

True, the last inches, and then the escapade slows down , while the scape stretches out toward a micro, existential infinity, and strength is wasted on irrelevant projects, because the a final inside realizes he is trapped within a tiny. bubble, and although he thinks he is a Gulliver in lilliput, actually his mind scatters into a pointillistic formless being, where being most in the forest, that he can not see from the trees, with or without the aid of technology, he begins to see the periphery of the value of unoassable limits he will never be able to transcend…
He thinks going to another star system , becoming a cyborg will fit the new man, but the same limitations will decomission his bravery, because he resists the temptation of letting go any hint of his humanity, therefore abandoning the human form into pure robotic existence.

In fact, I had not read any corraborative material on this, until I found several philosophers and scientists predicting it. Elem Musk, for instance, states, that it is imperative that humans transform into cyborgs within two hundred years, or risk the prospect of becoming vastly superior robots making men into house-pets!

In all honesty, I had come upon this prediction without corraborative evidence, which kind of proves the existence of a-priori knowledge, on a more, or perhaps much more general field then what has been acknowledged so far.

And given that, is it not conceivable that cyborgs on a universal scale are already 'ouy there, perhaps invisible by virtue of a technology we ourselves possess?

…the process leading to the betterment of self, or potentially to the opposite of that… the latter and only other option being unfathomable/the awareness of human fragility, but without being able to reconcile it with ego.